View Full Version : What's cooking tonight -

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

Modaisycreech
08-21-2009, 08:29 PM
Just about to go start the family meal -

Salmon with a Lemon Dill sauce
Baked Artichokes
1/2 Wild 1/2 Brown rice mix
Either Red Pepper Soup or Butternut Squash Soup (havent decided yet)

What are you fellows pushing around the stove ???

Electriclime
08-21-2009, 08:34 PM
Just picked up Chinese food for tonight and tomorrow's lunch. My 16mo is driving me up the wall this week so i canceled our Friday grocery trip. I do have a good stockpile of local sweet potatoes, lettuce, peaches, and sweet corn to last a few days though.

Red pepper soup sounds interesting!

Neodaddy
08-21-2009, 08:37 PM
I'm tired of cooking for an unappreciative audience. Basic spaghetti tonight.

MrBean
08-21-2009, 08:46 PM
Going with spaghetti and meatballs myself.

Modaisycreech
08-21-2009, 08:52 PM
I'm tired of cooking for an unappreciative audience. Basic spaghetti tonight.

+1 bro - But since I have to eat as well I just pat myself on the back and whisper to me, "this is very good. Thank you!"

Cre8tive Dad
08-21-2009, 08:56 PM
Going to grill some grouper and make some black bean salsa.

Porschephile
08-21-2009, 09:01 PM
Gluton free meatball parm subs for the oldest three and chicken and salad for the baby. Think I'm gonna order a sampler platter from of our pub for the wife and me.

jeffb
08-21-2009, 09:02 PM
We are going out with two other familes to Mexican. There is a pitcher of margaritas waiting for us. 7 kids, 6 adults, should be interesting...

Cubfan
08-21-2009, 09:03 PM
Been marinating 2 pork tenderloins in olive oil/garlic/salt/pepper/rosemary all day. Gonna grill those up along with some zucchini from the garden, and roast some cherry tomatoes from the garden in the oven with a coupla cloves of garlic and thyme.

silviomossa
08-21-2009, 09:08 PM
I made mushroom soup last night. I might have the rest of that for myself, then <insert bland food choice> for the kids.

SketchBoy
08-21-2009, 09:27 PM
Steak tacos. I have some flank steak marinating in an herb paste now. Mmmm...

wolfmanyoda
08-21-2009, 09:30 PM
I was going to make pizza but didn't have all of the stuff, d'oh!
So it's whatever night, anything that's quick and easy that the kids will eat, I already fed a couple of them burritos, just waiting for more orders.

Cre8tive Dad
08-21-2009, 10:18 PM
Been marinating 2 pork tenderloins in olive oil/garlic/salt/pepper/rosemary all day. Gonna grill those up along with some zucchini from the garden, and roast some cherry tomatoes from the garden in the oven with a coupla cloves of garlic and thyme.

I grilled some zucchini for the first time last night - awesome. ...especially after I saw my girlfriend Giada make them:eusa_whistle:

Kids Galore
08-21-2009, 10:25 PM
Just about to go start the family meal -

Salmon with a Lemon Dill sauce
Baked Artichokes
1/2 Wild 1/2 Brown rice mix
Either Red Pepper Soup or Butternut Squash Soup (havent decided yet)

What are you fellows pushing around the stove ???

SOUNDS good.....BUT is it wild caught or farm raised???

Had baked chicken thighs, baked potatos, and asperagas (sp)....This meal is a staple in our menu......

Sounds like a lot of you have some good ideas!! I know there is a thread for meals, but would LOVE to get some low fat meal ideas if anyone wants to post some....I have been in a cooking slump and need some good ideas......THANKS!

Cubfan
08-21-2009, 10:56 PM
OMG. Do yourselves a flavor. Do what I said in my earlier post. Just take some cherry tomatoes and toss them in a skillet along with a quick drizzle of olive oil, couple cloves of garlic, and whatever herbs and roast them in the oven for about 20-30 minutes. Incredible.

Bjorn74
08-22-2009, 12:25 AM
I was going to make pizza but didn't have all of the stuff, d'oh!

We did what we've done most Friday nights: Pizza at the farm!

http://www.rah-ben.net/modules/coppermine/albums/userpics/2009/08/07/normal_P8070060.jpg (http://www.hawkinsfamilyfarm.com/documents/Fridays_on_the_Farm.html)

wolfmanyoda
08-22-2009, 12:41 AM
We did what we've done most Friday nights: Pizza at the farm!

http://www.rah-ben.net/modules/coppermine/albums/userpics/2009/08/07/normal_P8070060.jpg (http://www.hawkinsfamilyfarm.com/documents/Fridays_on_the_Farm.html)

Nice :hail:

Quiesco Viduata
08-22-2009, 02:51 AM
We ordered in - which we try to do on Fridays - its a celebration that the week is over. Tonight was from a great Italian restaurant
Me - Chicken Florentine with fettuccine and gigi sauce
Wife - Fettuccine with Prima vera sauce
Son - hate off ours

woodchuck
08-22-2009, 06:06 AM
Squidy's for fish fry.

The boy ate.......good thing its all you can eat.

Modaisycreech
08-22-2009, 12:15 PM
Sounds like a lot of you have some good ideas!! I know there is a thread for meals, but would LOVE to get some low fat meal ideas if anyone wants to post some....I have been in a cooking slump and need some good ideas......THANKS!

I am currently eating from the P90X Fat Shredder Nutrition plan - Phase 1 is VERY LOW Fat - I will start another thread called Low Fat Meals and post some of the menus. Some of these meals are pretty good stuff.

Kids Galore
08-23-2009, 11:25 AM
I am currently eating from the P90X Fat Shredder Nutrition plan - Phase 1 is VERY LOW Fat - I will start another thread called Low Fat Meals and post some of the menus. Some of these meals are pretty good stuff.

Sounds good.....My wife has been bugging me to cook healthier and I guess I need to cave in....Better for us and the kids!

Twinsanity
08-26-2009, 09:38 PM
Love to cook myself but as a previous poster mentioned the audience doesn't show enough appreciation (Namely my wife)

That said I am going to pan fry some left over spaghetti with some shredded chicken breast mixed in along with a side Cesar salad, garlic bread and sauteed spinach & garlic.

Twinsanity
08-26-2009, 09:41 PM
OMG. Do yourselves a flavor. Do what I said in my earlier post. Just take some cherry tomatoes and toss them in a skillet along with a quick drizzle of olive oil, couple cloves of garlic, and whatever herbs and roast them in the oven for about 20-30 minutes. Incredible.

Sounds good but what have you got against Plum tomatoes?

SketchBoy
08-26-2009, 09:41 PM
I've had some bbq beef going in the crock pot all day, and I'm making a risoto and green beans almondine to go with it.

woodchuck
08-26-2009, 10:58 PM
The wife came in with spoonful of something, " here, try this and tell me what you taste".

Guess we're having rice/mushroom/somethingorother.

ministermatt
08-26-2009, 11:29 PM
Taco night tonight. Cooked for the regular crew but was left out of the loop by my wife as tonight was her fingernail and toe nail appt and my 2 oldest had plans at a friends. Nice of them to let me know. Good thing is plenty of left overs for dinner tomorrow night!

Mark B.
09-11-2009, 09:11 PM
Ran out this AM and got fixings for my wife to make Italian gravy. It has been on since noon and I am dying, Can't wait to float the raviolis!! Meatballs, pork and sweet sausage in the pot stewing as well speak (5PM). I had planned to go for a run prior to dinner but I am not sure there will be time.

Hockeyfan
09-11-2009, 09:18 PM
Sounds good. She worked from home today then? Nice. Any nooners? LOL.

We have nothing planned and my wife said she isn't getting out early at all as she had hoped so I don't like asking her to do a yummy take-out when she is already going to be late.

Guess we shall see. It would have been spring rolls, Thai basil chicken and pad thai. Yum yum and yummy.

CTDon
09-11-2009, 09:19 PM
broiled mahi mahi w/lemon zest, baked potatos and steamed green beans.

wolfmanyoda
09-11-2009, 09:19 PM
Massive platter of nachos.

Cubfan
09-11-2009, 09:23 PM
Tonight a buddy and I are cooking 10 gallons of Porter (sort of a clone of Deshutes Big Butte Porter) and ordering pizza while 4 kids run around in the backyard (hopefully).

Hockeyfan
09-11-2009, 10:45 PM
Arby's it was!

cjbart
09-11-2009, 10:52 PM
Leftovers.

Mark B.
09-12-2009, 01:17 AM
Sounds good. She worked from home today then? Nice. Any nooners? LOL.

Nooner? F that noise. Get out and hit the bricks woman! Somebody has to keep me floating in Bud Lights! Lets just say we were up until early this morning. She made some rounds locally then then we went for a run while the kids biked along. Awsome day weather wise with more to follow this weekend. Dinner was top shelf. I could have eaten twice as much. Diet Coors for desert.

Electriclime
09-12-2009, 01:46 AM
Italian sausage tucked in some fresh rolls. Brownies for dessert topped with some raspberries we picked yesterday. I really want a beer but there's no room left. Guess I'll have to double up tomorrow night :pint: :pint:

Mark B.
09-12-2009, 02:16 PM
I really want a beer but there's no room left. :pint: :pint:

That is the first, and hopefully last, time I have ever heard that statement.

The kids and I are taking Mommy out for her birthday tonight. Sushi for her and habatchi grill for the rest of us. And there will be room for beer!

Electriclime
09-13-2009, 02:00 AM
That is the first, and hopefully last, time I have ever heard that statement.

The kids and I are taking Mommy out for her birthday tonight. Sushi for her and habatchi grill for the rest of us. And there will be room for beer!

Don't worry, I put beer directly into the goulash as I was cooking tonight. Of course, I had to taste test half the bottle first.

CTDon
10-29-2009, 12:23 PM
Got Will's Dad's favorite Honey Ribs going in the Crock Pot.

A grocery store around here was having a sale on ribs a few weeks ago: buy one rack, get two free.

So there is a rack in the crock pot, a rack still defrosting in the fridge and the third is still down in the chest freezer in the basement.

I think I'm gonna do ribs again on Saturday since it's going to be a super busy day for us, so all I gotta do is spend 10 minutes prepping it in the morning and the slow cooker will do the rest!

Neodaddy
10-29-2009, 12:26 PM
Seriously considering Cubfan's squash soup recipe. Looks delicious. Not sure the kids will go for it (Sonwun won't even give soup a try yet) but I'm pretty sure Neomom and I will love it. Just need to see if butternut squash is available this far north.

CTDon
10-29-2009, 12:28 PM
Neo: it's really good, do it! Just also have something simple ready for the boys in case they don't like it (but don't tell them there is something else beforehand!).

Cubfan
10-29-2009, 12:33 PM
Seriously considering Cubfan's squash soup recipe. Looks delicious. Not sure the kids will go for it (Sonwun won't even give soup a try yet) but I'm pretty sure Neomom and I will love it. Just need to see if butternut squash is available this far north.

It could go either way on the kids. It has a certain sweetness to it, so if you can get them to try it, they might dig in. Hey the texture isnt much different than baby food!

I think Ill do the soup tonight and pick up some Ribeyes for tomorrow. Maybe open one of the many nice bottles of red we brought back from our trip to Napa five years ago. Ive been slacking in the gastronomy department lately, gotta remind the wife I still have what it takes!

jeffus
10-29-2009, 02:04 PM
My wife keeps watching the Food Network and other cooking shows while I'll peck away at the computer and I keep listening to all these wonderful dishes being made. We've tried a few recipes. I'm never eating anything out of a package again. Amazing what fresh ingredients can do.

I expect to gain lots of weight.

Neodaddy
10-29-2009, 02:19 PM
My wife keeps watching the Food Network and other cooking shows while I'll peck away at the computer and I keep listening to all these wonderful dishes being made. We've tried a few recipes. I'm never eating anything out of a package again. Amazing what fresh ingredients can do.

I expect to gain lots of weight.

Then start watching the SexTV channel.:eusa_whistle:

Hockeyfan
10-29-2009, 04:50 PM
I did a nice fettuccine alfredo last night with filet mignon and mushrooms. Yummy. Tonight I really have no plans. What to do? I am doing lasagna tomorrow though.

fondestpie
10-29-2009, 04:58 PM
Veggie chili with the last of the garden veggies time to put it up fo the winter. egg plant, purple chilies, fresh carrots. and a big pan of cast iron cornbread. been simmering since early this morning. gonna be good

Mark B.
10-29-2009, 05:06 PM
After Tai Kwon Do practice for the boy and gymnastics for girl it is off to Burger King for us. Thursday nights are run and gun here.

Bjorn74
10-29-2009, 05:34 PM
The wife said that there will be no "pregnancy stretching" tonight at her mom's. So nothing's cooking tonight.

Oh, wait. For dinner?

We'll stop at a little place at the Gas City exit on I-69 next to the Cracker Barrel. It's a Frozen Custard and Coffee Roaster bistro frequented by girls from two nearby private colleges. Taking a baby in causes a lot of leaning.

We'll have whatever sandwich they have tonight and probably some soup and some custard. Their signature sundae is vanilla custard with raspberries, hot fudge and a couple shots of espresso.

Electriclime
10-29-2009, 05:43 PM
I have a pound cake baking right now, haven't thought about dinner yet. Probably pork chops with kind of sauce.

Tomorrow night the guys are coming over and I'm making sausage and sauerkraut with some beer and cheddar bread on the side.

There's a pair of porterhouses in the fridge for Saturday since I finally have a Saturday off!

Bjorn74
10-29-2009, 05:45 PM
I have a pound cake baking right now, haven't thought about dinner yet. Probably pork chops with kind of sauce.

Tomorrow night the guys are coming over and I'm making sausage and sauerkraut with some beer and cheddar bread on the side.

New season, huh?

Let us know how the pound cake turns out. I'm not so sure it's worth the work.

SteveH
10-29-2009, 05:46 PM
After Tai Kwon Do practice for the boy and gymnastics for girl it is off to Burger King for us. Thursday nights are run and gun here.

Know that feeling well, we often do the run and gun in between two TKD classes.

I had some perch taken out for tonight to fry up, but with my one son down with the flu, I might hold off on it for a night.

wolfmanyoda
10-29-2009, 07:31 PM
We'll stop at a little place at the Gas City exit on I-69 next to the Cracker Barrel. It's a Frozen Custard and Coffee Roaster bistro frequented by girls from two nearby private colleges. Taking a baby in causes a lot of leaning.

Nice. :icon_lol:
Is that anywhere near Ivanhoe's, the amazing ice cream place?

Back on topic: Beef and noodles with mashed taters and green beans tonight.

Cre8tive Dad
10-29-2009, 07:33 PM
I've been on a roll with first-time recipes: broiled bacon-wrapped scallops with sauteed spinach last night, and tonight: spicy Malaysian stir-fried noodles - will be my first experience cooking with tofu.

Electriclime
10-29-2009, 07:43 PM
Mmmmmmm...pound cake for lunch! :icon_razz:

http://good-eats-fan.blogspot.com/2009/10/good-eats-american-classics-v-pound-of.html

Hockeyfan
10-29-2009, 08:09 PM
I had some perch taken out for tonight to fry up,

I hate you.

Kids Galore
10-29-2009, 08:20 PM
Kids choice tonight! I let them pick dinner once a month!

Neodaddy
10-29-2009, 08:34 PM
Back ribs, couscous, peas.

Captain Tuttle
10-29-2009, 08:38 PM
Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup.

Hockeyfan
10-29-2009, 09:04 PM
Western sandwiches. Also have some bacon and sausage to cook. Nothing else in house that I have time to make. Mmmm. Should be good.

mogwai dad
10-29-2009, 10:54 PM
Did cowboy spaghetti tonight. mmmmmmmm

Bjorn74
10-30-2009, 01:22 AM
Nice. :icon_lol:
Is that anywhere near Ivanhoe's, the amazing ice cream place?.

I guess it is, but it's right by the Cracker Barrel on I-69.

Bjorn74
10-30-2009, 01:26 AM
Did cowboy spaghetti tonight. mmmmmmmm

Say more. Like what's the ratio of Cowboy to spaghetti? Can you substitute Cowgirl instead for a lighter dish?

I'm actually interested but it's taking D a long time to go to sleep on the floor here at his grandma's.

mogwai dad
10-30-2009, 06:23 AM
Say more. Like what's the ratio of Cowboy to spaghetti? Can you substitute Cowgirl instead for a lighter dish?

I'm actually interested but it's taking D a long time to go to sleep on the floor here at his grandma's.

Here ya go. I tend to use more bacon and scallions than the recipe requires.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/rachael-ray/cowboy-spaghetti-recipe/index.html

Cubfan
10-30-2009, 06:41 PM
Im gonna pass on the steaks tonight, dont want to venture too far out in this weather to get them. Think I will make my fettucine alfredo instead. Wife will complain about the non-healthy factor but I dont care, its friggin delicious. It will still go great with the wine I picked out, and the kids will eat it too. Dont feel like fighting them at the table tonight.

Cre8tive Dad
10-30-2009, 10:59 PM
Made Marshall Fields Chicken Salad with some leftover French garlic chicken. Gonna go open face on some toasted homemade sourdough.

Letting it marry now while I sip some Jack Daniels Single Barrel Select with a couple frozen blackberries...life's good. :chugchug:

MoparDaddy
10-31-2009, 12:48 AM
Tonight I had the wife pick up some calzones from a place I use to work at and gained weight.

http://www.dadstayshome.com/imagehosting/2944aeb8876d00c2.bmp

Electriclime
10-31-2009, 05:32 PM
Made some beer and cheddar bread last night to go with a pot of sausage and sauerkraut. Turned out pretty well, but could use a few adjustments next time.

I was going to grill some steaks today, but it's too damn windy to get the coal started and my gas grill is still packed in the garage. It'll have to wait for Monday now.

Mark B.
10-31-2009, 05:53 PM
Candy and beer.

Hockeyfan
10-31-2009, 06:37 PM
Bojangles and candy. Get some.... Oh and something that the wife has. :icon_wink: That won't happen till later.

Electriclime
10-31-2009, 08:28 PM
Mmmm, I miss Bojangles and Zaxby's chicken!

cjbart
11-02-2009, 12:11 AM
A very bacon themed dinner this evening. I wanted to make a spinach salad with a warm bacon dressing (yum!). Of course I only need a few strips of bacon for the recipe, so I made the whole thing and we had BLT's as well.

Bjorn74
11-03-2009, 09:04 PM
Tbones and Mac & Cheese, most likely.

Set out two chickens and a rib roast to thaw. Looks like we'll have the smoker in use this weekend and dinner visitors sometime in there. Had to take some stuff out of the freezer to fit the split half in with everything else.

Neodaddy
11-03-2009, 09:34 PM
Stir fry of some kind. Chicken, vegetables, noodles, some kind of soy sauce, orange juice, ginger, garlic sauce.

wolfmanyoda
11-03-2009, 10:19 PM
I have no idea. Hate it when I don't make a weekly menu ahead of time.

MoparDaddy
11-04-2009, 12:36 AM
Venison stew and baked potatos

taoistfrog
11-04-2009, 12:52 AM
First ever batch of sourdough dinner rolls, a big pot of tomato sauce and a ricotta and tomato pizza (with the leftover dough).

Sancho
11-04-2009, 03:29 AM
Was tired from aquarium trip, so just some Mariachi Mac & Cheese (from Pike Market's Beecher's Homade Cheese).

CTDon
11-04-2009, 08:07 PM
My house smells awesome right now, thanks to 57plymouth's recipe.

Excuse the crappy cell phone pic.

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o304/dlcorne/Mobile%20Uploads/1104091504.jpg

Hockeyfan
11-04-2009, 08:20 PM
That looks great. Much better than mine turned out. I should try again though.

Cre8tive Dad
11-04-2009, 08:32 PM
...looking good. His recipe is what got me started. I haven't bought a store loaf since...

Neodaddy
11-04-2009, 08:39 PM
:bored: Roast beef, mashed potatoes, corn, peas. Yawn.:bored:

wolfmanyoda
11-04-2009, 08:40 PM
My house smells awesome right now, thanks to 57plymouth's recipe.

Excuse the crappy cell phone pic.

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o304/dlcorne/Mobile%20Uploads/1104091504.jpg

Mmmm...looks good but I can't find it. Is it in the Recipe forum?

Hockeyfan
11-04-2009, 08:41 PM
I am making home-made mac and cheese. Pic whoop. Likely have some stewed tomatoes with it and who knows what else. Sausages?

Neodaddy
11-04-2009, 08:43 PM
I think the recipe was on his blog.

Cre8tive Dad
11-04-2009, 09:05 PM
I think this one is similar:

http://www.hillbillyhousewife.com/beginnersbread.htm

wolfmanyoda
11-04-2009, 09:05 PM
I think the recipe was on his blog.

Thanks, I'll try to search that out later.

CTDon
11-04-2009, 09:17 PM
yeah, check out his blog...it was posted in january.

I make two smaller loaves using the ingredients he lists. The pieces just cut easier and are more manageable for the kids.

Neodaddy
11-04-2009, 09:22 PM
http://sahd57plymouth.blogspot.com/2009/01/where-was-i-oh-yes-frugal-stuff.html

wolfmanyoda
11-04-2009, 10:30 PM
http://sahd57plymouth.blogspot.com/2009/01/where-was-i-oh-yes-frugal-stuff.html

:chugchug: Thanks man :chugchug:

Bjorn74
11-06-2009, 02:05 PM
Standing Rib Roast and Yorkshire pudding last night. The 8 or 10 pound package wouldn't fit in the freezer, so we enjoyed it earlier than expected. Left about half of it for leftovers. 3 1/2 bones of fabulous beef.

Earned me dinner out tonight, though.

wolfmanyoda
11-06-2009, 02:06 PM
Homemade pizza tonight.

Hockeyfan
11-06-2009, 02:21 PM
Homemade pizza tonight.

Likely +1.

Neodaddy
11-06-2009, 02:24 PM
Sausage and peppers over penne pasta.

Cubfan
11-06-2009, 02:27 PM

that sounds good man.

Not sure what we are doing. We went out last night, and Im cooking a big spaghetti dinner for family for G2s b-day on Sunday. So I dont feel like spending money on dinner out, and I dont feel like cooking!

Could be a +2 to making pizzas, but I dont feel like shopping for stuff either! Pizza delivery it is! :icon_lol:

Mark B.
11-06-2009, 02:31 PM

Mmmmmm!!

I have no idea what is for dinner tonight, The wife has been gone all week and she is taking me and the kids somewhere whether she likes it or not.

Hockeyfan
11-06-2009, 02:40 PM
I got my supplies yesterday while at the store. Also got a nice porterhouse steak. Yummies. I was planning on making it yesterday, but didn't. So I'll likely grill it tonight and do the pizza on the grill too.

SteveH
11-06-2009, 09:04 PM
Older son's got his usual 2 1/2 hours of Tae Kwon Do classes tonight, so the 4-year old and I will get dinner sometime in the middle and I'll get my older one some Subway on the way home after classes.

Don-Dad
11-06-2009, 09:07 PM
2.5 hours, that's a long class. Is is a mix of everything or just sparring?

SteveH
11-06-2009, 09:09 PM
2.5 hours, that's a long class. Is is a mix of everything or just sparring?

3 different classes, back-to-back-to-back. There's a competition class, where they do a little bit of everything (including weapons sparring), his normal black belt class and then a leadership class. They're each 45 minutes long, so I guess it's 2 1/4 hours in total.

Quiesco Viduata
11-06-2009, 10:22 PM
We're ordering in - I think Chinese! It's easier to order in than to go out. We usually order in on Fridays to celebrate making it though the week.

Cubfan
11-06-2009, 10:55 PM
Mmmm, taco pizza and homemade (kinda) rootbeer. Delicious.

wolfmanyoda
11-06-2009, 11:24 PM
I pussed out, didn't even make homemade pizza. Frozen pizza.
What a chump. I'll have to make up for that tomorrow.

taoistfrog
11-07-2009, 12:26 AM
Roasted turkey and homemade au gratin potatoes, maybe some broccoli with a ton of garlic.

Bjorn74
11-13-2009, 07:47 PM
Driving me crazy right now. Pulled out the Frugal Gourmet's Our Immigrant Ancestors and looked at some recipes I made 13 years ago at camp.

Ropas Vieja and Cuban Black Beans. Pairing it with tortillas, salsa, salsa verde, and guac. Plus a salad.

Smelling up the house and giving me heartburn already. Cumin, cumin, cumin. That's Coo-min.

Cubfan
11-13-2009, 07:57 PM
Pulled out the Frugal Gourmet's Our Immigrant Ancestors and looked at some recipes I made 13 years ago at camp.

My mom has that book. In fact I used a couple recipes for my Oktoberfest this year. FWIW, I didnt think the recipes were special at all. But it sure is a neat book.

at camp.

band camp?

Neodaddy
11-13-2009, 08:10 PM
Perogies with bacon and onions.

Hockeyfan
11-13-2009, 08:14 PM
band camp?

Hence the "cumin". Red Robin or a local ale house.

Bjorn74
11-13-2009, 08:16 PM
My mom has that book. In fact I used a couple recipes for my Oktoberfest this year. FWIW, I didnt think the recipes were special at all. But it sure is a neat book.
For it's time, it's pretty good. I pulled it out mostly for the nostalgia.

band camp?
Nope. Camp Hemlock: Don't Eat the Trees.

Spent two summers as the director or what was basically a 38 acre family lakefront vacation cottage owned by a Lutheran Church in Toledo. The pastor went for a drive with his wife in 1962 and bought 38 lakefront plots with the church's checkbook. When I was there is was mostly hosting family reunions for families of the church. Made a lot of money taking beer cans back for the deposit. They also had the Southern Baptists and Unitarians do their week long summer camps there.

Electriclime
11-14-2009, 12:57 AM
Made meatloaf last night. Today I mushed up half of it with some BBQ sauce, ketchup, and more spices to use as pocket pie (pasty) filling. Also made a few cherry pies. It was an experimental recipe so I used the canned cherry pie filling crap. Turned out pretty well and sent the wife off to work with a sack of pies.

Jumpchecker
11-14-2009, 01:36 AM
Cod with cranberry sauce; Baked sweet potato fries and steamed broccoli.

CTDon
11-14-2009, 01:42 AM
Green eggs & turkey.

What can I say, don't have any ham on hand...we read the book last night so that is what was requested for dinner.

The kids can't get enough of food dye. They love drinking purple milk and all sorts of other colored stuff!

MoparDaddy
11-14-2009, 03:38 AM
Wild duck breast flating then rolled with cream cheese and garlic filling wrap in bacon on the grill with white rice

CTDon
11-14-2009, 08:43 PM
Got a giant batch of homemade chicken noodle & veggie soup on the stove and 2 loaves of bread in the oven. The house smells fuggin' awesome!

DarthDaddy
11-14-2009, 09:27 PM
Grilled Chicken Breasts seasoned to perfection
Steamed Red Potatoes
Green Beans

Mmmmmmm

Electriclime
11-14-2009, 11:03 PM
Got a giant batch of homemade chicken noodle & veggie soup on the stove and 2 loaves of bread in the oven. The house smells fuggin' awesome!

Man,that sounds good right about now!

Cajun turkey sandwich on plain ol' white bread, Doritos, Cherry Coke. Maybe some leftover Halloween candy for dessert. My daughter ate much better than I though. We had meatloaf pasties for lunch; still have two more for tomorrow's workday.

CTDon
11-14-2009, 11:55 PM
I gotta say, it really did come out good. Probably my best batch ever and I threw it together rather quickly. The bread went great with it too!! 57plymouth's recipe is officially a staple. Will soon start branching out though, but I'm glad to finally find a recipe that works great for gnoshing as well as with sandwiches.

Man,that sounds good right about now!

Mark B.
11-23-2009, 01:13 PM
The local Knights of Columbus were selling homemade Brunswick stew after mass yesterday. MMmmmm! Had it last night and will probably do the same tonight. Hit the spot after raking leaves yesterday afternoon.

Cubfan
12-18-2009, 12:21 AM
Oh man, just made some incredibly tasty pork chops. All you need is a little olive oil, dash of kosher salt, freshly ground pepper, and a little chopped fresh rosemary. Dried rosemary is good too but fresh is different. Slather and grill. So juicy and flavorful. Leftover mushroom risotto from Sunday, steamed broccoli, and homebrewed Porter. G2 made cookies for dessert later.

Hockeyfan
12-18-2009, 12:39 AM
Slather and grill.

Sounds good. Did you boil them or foreman them?

I made steak quesadillas.

Cubfan
12-18-2009, 12:45 AM
Sounds good. Did you boil them or foreman them?

I made steak quesadillas.

I boiled the pork to cook it then browned it on the Foreman.

wolfmanyoda
12-18-2009, 12:45 AM
I did a ham in root beer with mashed taters and some veggies.

Modaisycreech
12-18-2009, 02:48 AM
Carne Asada Taco with Avocado Pico de Gallo - This was an awesome meal but the 15 year old vetoed it so I cant make it again. I am pissed! 2 nights in a row that I made a meal that I enjoyed and some one else didnt! bytches .......

Neodaddy
01-29-2010, 11:02 PM
Beef stew, simmering for 3.5 hours, veggie added as needed and as timed. Smelling great!

ksem
01-29-2010, 11:37 PM
"Coke Can Chickens" ready to be taken off the bbq pit...
a nice golden brown....mmmm

Hockeyfan
01-30-2010, 12:07 AM
"Coke Can Chickens" ready to be taken off the bbq pit...
a nice golden brown....mmmm

No love for beer????

wolfmanyoda
01-30-2010, 12:46 AM
Chicken wings, steamed veggies, and mac 'n cheese. Keeping it simple.

ksem
01-30-2010, 01:52 AM
No love for beer????

Beer gone...:dumb:
Stuck with Coke! :tusk:

CTDon
01-30-2010, 02:00 AM
Omlettes with brocolli, cheese and chopped turkey bacon. Topped with salsa and hot sauce. Mmmmmmmm

Ctrain
01-31-2010, 03:15 AM
Kids' meals - hot dog wieners (no buns), tater tots, stir fry veggies, cookie for dessert, 2% milk to drink

Wife's and my meal - shrimp, short grain rice with sesame seeds and soy sauce, stir fry veggies (water chesnuts, carrots, broccoli, mushrooms, celery) with grape juice and water to drink. Pecan pie slices for dessert.

I cooked my rice in the new rice cooker which I love. I kinda pigged out on the rice since I've been on a veggie binge lately trying to lose weight. Oh well.

Mark B.
01-31-2010, 01:17 PM
A little late posting but after a full day of shoveling I put 4 marinated ribeyes on the grill and the wife made some baked potatoes and salad. After working all day it was perfect with a few cold ones.

CTDon
02-02-2010, 10:34 PM
Mmmmmmmmm, turkey chili!

DarthDaddy
02-02-2010, 10:40 PM
NO IDEAS!!!

In a total food rut! Need to find a bunch of ne and easy things to make...

ksem
02-02-2010, 11:01 PM
Ham & cheese sandwiches w/ chips.
Boyscout night...wifes running tonight.
No need to whip up anything fancy.:givemebeer:

Neodaddy
02-02-2010, 11:47 PM
Chicken Kiev, baked potatoes, corn.

Hockeyfan
02-03-2010, 12:01 AM
Home made sweet dinner rolls. Yum. Cajun chicken saucy rice stuff and home made pumpkin pie. Yum. Can't eat that until I get home from hockey though or I'd explode.

SteveH
02-03-2010, 01:26 AM
Taco night tonight -- nothing fancy :)

Mark B.
03-15-2010, 05:55 PM
God I love walking in the house when the crock pot has been stewing for a few hours. Pork roast with veggies tonight.

CTDon
03-15-2010, 06:15 PM
We've had corned beef and cabbage the past two nights, but the wife and I agree would could eat it again several more times this week!!

But seeing how neither time it was here at home, and we'll be busy late this afternoon/early evening it'll probably just be turkey burgers.

Cubfan
04-09-2010, 03:21 PM
I love the smell of pork putt & hickory in the morning!

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/3383/cimg2018medium.jpg

Bjorn74
04-09-2010, 03:35 PM
I'm picking a chicken roasted earlier this week for the crock pot and some BBQ sauce. That will make sandwiches to go with mashed potatoes and asparagus picked in the garden yesterday. Duncan ate a spear raw for lunch, so I think I may not waste time steaming it.

Hockeyfan
04-09-2010, 05:33 PM
Fillet mignon with baked potatoes with sour creme and chives from the garden. Then a veg. Oh and bacon wrapped of course with extra bacon cooked on the grill for bacony goodness.

Neodaddy
04-09-2010, 05:38 PM
Left-over pizza, microwaved to rubbery perfection.

Mark B.
04-09-2010, 06:14 PM
Beer!

jml3000
04-10-2010, 12:23 AM
Taking the last of the chicken off a Costco bird, mixing in a little chicken broth, basil, canned tomatoes, cream, salt and potato gnocchi. Takes 5 minutes but tastes so good I could have sex with it.

Captain Tuttle
04-10-2010, 12:32 AM
Taking the last of the chicken off a Costco bird, mixing in a little chicken broth, basil, canned tomatoes, cream, salt and potato gnocchi. Takes 5 minutes but tastes so good I could have sex with it.

Damn! Nice!

Cubfan
04-19-2010, 10:10 PM
Santa Maria style Tri-Tip over some mesquite, sides of Cilantro-Lime Rice and steamed broccoli. Couple pints of Sierra Nevada Pale Ale-ish homebrew.

Neodaddy
04-19-2010, 10:33 PM
Slow cooker pork chops, carrots and baked potato.

North Country Dad
04-19-2010, 11:22 PM
Stuffed shells, cheese biscuits, and steamed broccoli. All thanks to Schwan's. Load up the sodium!

Bjorn74
04-19-2010, 11:26 PM
Over the weekend my wife decided that the reason we were eating out so much was that she doesn't cook. So when she went grocery shopping last night, she bought things for her to cook. Before she left, I suggested baby steps, but I don't think she knows such a thing. While making tacos tonight doesn't sound hard, she bought fresh corn tortillas. Not a big problem, but she immediately took the tortillas and microwaved them. In attempting the save by heating up a skillet and some oil, she took everything I said as a criticism. So, in the end, we did have tacos. It just made an angry wife in the process.

CTDon
05-11-2010, 10:49 PM
served up Monster Bacon Bagel Turkey Burgers for dinner:
Monster= homemade from ground meat (not frozen patties).
Bacon = uh, bacon.
Bagel = whole grain bagels (because we don't have any other kind of bread in the house).
Turkey = ground turkey meat.

Topped the bastards with some cheese and slathered with some guacamole....and in a tip of the cap to CF, threw on a handful of fresh cilantro on mine.

Downright awesome.

Hockeyfan
05-11-2010, 11:09 PM
Flank steak rolled up with spinach, pinko, garlic, salt, red pepper flakes, and roasted pine nuts. Asian veggies on the side along with brown rice with pecans and yumminess.

Oh and I made home made Macadamia nut/white chocolate cookies.

Captain Tuttle
05-11-2010, 11:23 PM
Panko encrusted Cod, just thrown in the oven. Came out pretty good. And some mixed veggies on the side.

Neodaddy
05-11-2010, 11:56 PM
Grilled maple garlic pork tenderloin, foil wrapped grilled carrots, chicken fried rice.

Bjorn74
05-12-2010, 01:46 AM
Smoked pork tacos.

Porschephile
05-12-2010, 12:46 PM
Smoked pork tacos.

Sounds great, tonight wife's solo I'm going out with my business partner. Last I made chicken and chedder sliders with Iceberg Wedge Salad.

Bjorn74
05-12-2010, 12:49 PM
Sounds great,

They were ok. Mostly leftovers. Pork and BBQ sauce from Sunday's reception. Lettuce from last week's taco night. I think I've had this pork for six out of the last eight meals. Planning to use the last with BBQ pork pizza tomorrow night.

Last night, I had a pizza party for the wrap up of the Philharmonic season, so motivation was low.

SketchBoy
05-12-2010, 12:55 PM
Last night was tandoori chicken, which turned out way better than I imagines it would. Hats off to America's Test Kitchen for a great recipe.

Tonight I'm trying Alton Brown's Pork Wellington.

Cubfan
05-12-2010, 12:56 PM
They were ok. Mostly leftovers. Pork and BBQ sauce from Sunday's reception. Lettuce from last week's taco night. I think I've had this pork for six out of the last eight meals. Planning to use the last with BBQ pork pizza tomorrow night..

freeze some for chili! Stick some in the kids quesadillas. Last time I did that my 4yo didnt know what hit him. He declared, wow daddy these are the best quesadillas ever!

Last night I had nachos at Wrigley Field and then 30 cent hot wings and $2 PBRs on tap at an old neighborhood haunt while watching the Hawks game. Late night. Sorry for the drunk texting, HF! :icon_lol:

Hockeyfan
05-12-2010, 02:13 PM
freeze some for chili! Stick some in the kids quesadillas. Last time I did that my 4yo didnt know what hit him. He declared, wow daddy these are the best quesadillas ever!

Last night I had nachos at Wrigley Field and then 30 cent hot wings and $2 PBRs on tap at an old neighborhood haunt while watching the Hawks game. Late night. Sorry for the drunk texting, HF! :icon_lol:

My phone is in my van. I had hockey last night and didn't get home till 11:20 and forgot the phone. I'd have just laughed. Much as the world does about the Cubs. Didn't they relegate Zombrano to be a set-up man? LOL. Wow. Almost as sad as the Mets. They get All-star players and then BAM, they suck.

jml3000
05-12-2010, 02:34 PM
Pad Thai. A few weeks ago my friend came over and made it - and last night I flew solo. It was delicious - and conveniently...er unfortunately... too spicy for the wife, so I have leftovers today!

Hockeyfan
05-12-2010, 02:51 PM
Pad Thai. A few weeks ago my friend came over and made it - and last night I flew solo. It was delicious - and conveniently...er unfortunately... too spicy for the wife, so I have leftovers today!

I LOVE good pad thai. Mmmmm.

Electriclime
05-13-2010, 01:20 AM
Last night was tandoori chicken, which turned out way better than I imagines it would. Hats off to America's Test Kitchen for a great recipe.
Tonight I'm trying Alton Brown's Pork Wellington.

The Wellington is good, especially with some fresh herbs and a good spicy mustard. http://good-eats-fan.blogspot.com/2009/06/alton-browns-pork-wellington.html

Did some grocery shopping today, but it was leftovers night. Made the wife's lunch, made the daughter's dinner, then plopped down and had peanuts and beer while watching baseball.

woodchuck
05-13-2010, 02:08 AM
Made an inprompty soup yesterday;
noodles, beef roast, carrots, celery, potatoes, onions, herbs, salt, pepper, black beans, but made a couple mistakes.
used the noodle water....
didn't rinse the black beans....

Today I rinsed the solids with warm water in a large collander, then back in the bowl with a full quart of chicken broth.

Much more palatable. The wife even ate some tonight. The kids loved it either way.

jml3000
05-13-2010, 06:03 AM
I LOVE good pad thai. Mmmmm.

That shiz was off the hook. It was actually pretty easy once I found all of the ingredients at the local asian food store.

CTDon
06-08-2010, 10:00 PM
Homemade gyros.

Not identical to the real deal, but close enough. Mmmmmmmmmm.

Cubfan
06-08-2010, 10:04 PM
2 beer can chickens on the Weber. Well, actually one beer can chicken and one lame duck chicken just sitting on the grates. I only had one can of beer in the house! LOL!

Rubbed them birds and hitting with some cherry-wood smoke.

Hockeyfan
06-08-2010, 10:16 PM
Mmm gyros. Love them.

I'm making homemade spaghetti and meatballs. Just waiting on wife. Oh and garlic bread too. I'm not making that though.

wolfmanyoda
06-08-2010, 10:40 PM
Stuffed peppers. I also made a pot of chili to leisurely grub upon all week.

ScottyG
06-09-2010, 12:39 AM
Whole chicken and potatoes in the crock pot. Never tried it before, but it is too darn hot to turn the oven on. Worked pretty good, just a bit bland. That's what pan gravy is for, though.

Joey G
06-09-2010, 12:48 AM
Tried street tacos for the first time; they turned out all right, though the meat cooled off too quickly after cutting it up after taking it off the grill. Going for ice cream soon on the first night of summer vacation.

JG

757dad
06-09-2010, 01:10 AM
Made roast chicken stuffed with lemon and garlic, mashed potatoes, and green beans. Girls love it so it stays in the rotation.

ministermatt
06-09-2010, 02:00 AM
It was Taco Tuesday at our house. Easy, fast and messy!

Electriclime
06-09-2010, 03:22 AM
It was Taco Tuesday at our house. Easy, fast and messy!

Sounds like...well, never mind. :eusa_whistle:

Coasted some chicken breasts with BBQ rub and grilled them; getting good at not overcooking chicken out there. Just spent the last two hours watching a BBQ University marathon I recorded the other week. I have both grills out on the deck this summer, so time to start some experimenting.

Bjorn74
06-09-2010, 12:44 PM
Put a round steak on the oven for tonight. We'll see what comes from it.

2 cans whole canned tomatoes (picked and canned by me)
a bag of frozen chopped celery, onion, and bell peppers
a bag of frozen green beans from last season
good dose of chopped garlic (maybe 2 Tbsp)
3lb round steak
salt and pepper

Set over to 275 and wait for my wife to get home.

Meeting her and the folks from work at GermanFest for lunch.

irie feeling
06-09-2010, 05:03 PM
made chicken cordon bleu.
Pound out 2 boneless/skinless breast, put blackforest ham and swiss cheese in it, roll it up, dip in egg, coat with bread crumbs, brown in olive oil, bake at 350 fo 30 min. serve with steam veg and garlic mashers. Was marvelous.
Baked Ziti and garlic bread tonite.
Cheers, Jeff

Hockeyfan
06-09-2010, 05:17 PM
Pound out 2 boneless/skinless breast, put blackforest ham and swiss cheese in it, roll it up, dip in egg, coat with bread crumbs, brown in olive oil, bake at 350 fo 30 min. serve with steam veg and garlic mashers. Was marvelous.
Cheers, Jeff

Sounds tasty! It's already dinner time there? Just where is the US Virgin Islands. Any island with lots of virgins on it is fine by me. :icon_lol:

I'm doing golf league tonight thankfully so I'll either do absolutely nothing or have something easy for the wife to make. Sometimes they order pizza and have it there for when we finish the 9. And there is plenty of beer to drink with the one cart girl who is an absolute 10. Love it. What thread is this again. :chugchug:

wolfmanyoda
06-09-2010, 05:44 PM
Cheers, Jeff

That does indeed sound tasty.
I was thinking enchiladas tonight.

irie feeling
06-09-2010, 06:09 PM
HF- That was last night. Tonite is Ziti. I Think we are in the same time zone. Ain't no virgins here. Lot of crazy girls with bad habits. My wife and I are the only people we know that don't smoke ganga weed. But we are rum addicts.
Cheers! Jeff

Hockeyfan
06-09-2010, 06:18 PM
That does indeed sound tasty.
I was thinking enchiladas tonight.

I have everything to make fajitas (chicken, mix, salsa, sour creme, red pepper and the wrap things), but I think I'll hold off until tomorrow. Wife is going to let me golf at league so she can fend for herself!

wolfmanyoda
06-09-2010, 07:03 PM
I have everything to make fajitas (chicken, mix, salsa, sour creme, red pepper and the wrap things), but I think I'll hold off until tomorrow. Wife is going to let me golf at league so she can fend for herself!

Nice :chugchug:

My wife's summer classes just started so I get extra hours of duty on my own. No going out for me.

irie feeling
06-15-2010, 12:06 AM
Had some stouffers chicken lasagna. Was so good boss overate and got a belly ache that could only be cured with ice cream!
Cheers! Jeff

wolfmanyoda
06-24-2010, 10:55 PM
Grilled a pork loin, mashed taters, and corn.
Damn fine tasting meal it was.:chugchug:

Kwak
06-24-2010, 11:09 PM
Hehe - I phoned it in today: cheeseburger and chips for one and franks and beans for the other! Dessert was fresh watermelon. Yum yum!

Hockeyfan
06-24-2010, 11:21 PM
Philly Cheesesteaks. Yummy. Desert was banana pudding with banana and strawberries in it. Yummy.

Cubfan
06-25-2010, 12:27 AM
2 whole birds on the Weber rotisserie rubbed with some BUTT RUBB and hit with a little pecan wood smoke. AWESOME.

Electriclime
06-25-2010, 03:53 AM
Stuffed zucchini with some roasted asparagus on the side.

Mark B.
06-25-2010, 04:21 AM
Left over grilled London Broil and mashies.

irie feeling
06-25-2010, 06:06 PM
Eggplant Parm from Marie Callendar.

Neodaddy
06-25-2010, 06:34 PM
Chien chaud.

wolfmanyoda
06-25-2010, 06:48 PM
Leftovers.

Cubfan
07-10-2010, 10:42 PM
Ribs & 'ritas!

http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/6508/cimg2214l.jpg

wolfmanyoda
07-11-2010, 12:05 AM
Lasagna.
Tomorrow: leftover lasagna.

ScottyG
07-11-2010, 01:09 AM
Tomato, basil, and mozzarella sandwiches. Mixed berry pie with vanilla ice cream. Beer. Happy me.

irie feeling
07-11-2010, 04:49 PM
Dr. Goldfoot's smoked sausage recipe. From this site.:pint:
Cheers! Jeff

Hockeyfan
07-11-2010, 05:23 PM
Nice gaser ribs CF. LOL.

I'm making quesadillas tonight with my quesadilla maker. Even got my black bean and corn salsa from WALMART baby. Oh so good.

gduck
07-11-2010, 06:40 PM
Tonight is cabbage and kielbasa night.

Better dig out the gas masks.

Electriclime
07-11-2010, 08:10 PM
Either beer or ice cream tonight and whatever the 2yo doesn't finish.

Cubfan
07-11-2010, 10:55 PM
Nice gaser ribs CF. LOL.

ribs on a gas grill?? I wouldnt even know how to go about doing that. No son. Thats the inside of a barrel smoker. I guess you dont get to see CAST IRON grates much with that fragile EGG of yours.

I'm making quesadillas tonight with my quesadilla maker.

Quesadilla maker? Sounds like something you see on TV right after the George Forman Grill commercial. You know what they say about those cooking gadget / info-mercials.... A fool and his money soon part ways.

Hockeyfan
07-11-2010, 11:39 PM
ribs on a gas grill?? I wouldnt even know how to go about doing that. No son. Thats the inside of a barrel smoker. I guess you dont get to see CAST IRON grates much with that fragile EGG of yours.

Quesadilla maker? Sounds like something you see on TV right after the George Forman Grill commercial. You know what they say about those cooking gadget / info-mercials.... A fool and his money soon part ways.

BTW-I knew it was your "smoker". Just busting your balls. I wouldn't know how to make them on a gaser either. Yuck.

This is what the big boys use. Have fun getting a sear on your barrel baby.
http://www.biggreenegg.com/racks.html

You are right about the Q maker. MY wife (and kids) got it for me for Father's Day. LOL. Once the kids saw it that is what they wanted for me. THey love them. I've heard they are great from a friend though. a

photomikey
07-12-2010, 03:25 AM
Chicken Pot Pie:

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Chicken-Pot-Pie-IX/Detail.aspx

Dead simple, and tasty.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/35687/IMG_0425.jpg

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/35687/IMG_0427.jpg

wolfmanyoda
07-12-2010, 10:26 AM
It's too early to think about dinner.

Hockeyfan
07-12-2010, 12:25 PM
Yeah it's a bit early. Then again I'm guessing he's from the other side of the Ocean or something.

I've posted that exact recipe on here for Chicken Pot Pie. It's actually very good. AS I've stated many times here. I make mine with puff pastry and it's soooooo much better. All else is the same. I do add more carrots and chicken than the recipe calls for and make more sauce too. It's very tasty. For those looking to make a good pot pie. Look no further.

Allrecipes.com kicks ass.

One-Third
07-12-2010, 01:14 PM
This is what the big boys use. Have fun getting a sear on your barrel baby.
http://www.biggreenegg.com/racks.html

Thought of HF yesterday - was watching yard crashers on HGTV and they transferred this barren backyard into a grilling oasis, complete with a big green egg...

Replay on DIY network tonight at 9:30 pm, was pretty interesting.

http://www.diynetwork.com/how-to/how-to-build-a-double-grill-island/index.html

After being on these boards for a bit here, I might have to invest in a smoker to up my grilling ability - am currently just using a standard 4-burner gas grill we received as a wedding present...

Hockeyfan
07-12-2010, 01:19 PM
Thought of HF yesterday - was watching yard crashers on HGTV and they transferred this barren backyard into a grilling oasis, complete with a big green egg...

Replay on DIY network tonight at 9:30 pm, was pretty interesting.

http://www.diynetwork.com/how-to/how-to-build-a-double-grill-island/index.html

After being on these boards for a bit here, I might have to invest in a smoker to up my grilling ability - am currently just using a standard 4-burner gas grill we received as a wedding present...

Thanks. I'll have to watch that. DVR it for sure. Just have to find the DIY network. LOL.

I'd look into a less expensive smoker if you're not really sure about it. Then again the EGG can sear a steak with the best of them and is very versatile. I bake, sear, fry, smoke and have sex on mine. It's great. Gas is the Devil.

wolfmanyoda
07-12-2010, 08:13 PM
I might have to grill something tonight. Looks like burgers and dogs, the good stuff is frozen.

Captain Tuttle
07-12-2010, 08:57 PM
Cedar Plank salmon. Easy and good.

wolfmanyoda
07-12-2010, 09:02 PM

Man I wanted that badly today but have no salmon. Baby has a fever so no store run. :crazy:

I hope you burn it. :icon_razz: j/k

Hockeyfan
07-12-2010, 09:10 PM

Whatcha putting on it? S&P?

Captain Tuttle
07-12-2010, 09:35 PM
Whatcha putting on it? S&P?

Yep. Salt and Pepper, a little of this (http://www.janeskrazy.com/products.asp). Rice and corn on the cob done on the grill as well.

irie feeling
07-13-2010, 04:29 PM

That's the one where ya throw out the salmon and eat the plank. Right? (it's an old cooking joke)
Spaghetti and Schweddy meat balls tonight! And of course garlic bread.
I better get going. I got balls to make and sauce to simmer all day.
Cheers! Jeff:chugchug:

Cubfan
07-13-2010, 11:45 PM
Pork tenderloin with mostly-from-the-garden fresh chimmichurri sauce

http://a.imageshack.us/img210/4271/cimg2257medium.jpg

http://a.imageshack.us/img686/9113/cimg2258medium.jpg

http://a.imageshack.us/img249/4987/cimg2261medium.jpg

wolfmanyoda
07-14-2010, 12:56 AM
Leftovers. Again.:crazy:

I'll cook tomorrow.

irie feeling
07-14-2010, 05:26 PM
Eggplant Parm. Bosses orders.

DarthDaddy
07-14-2010, 05:29 PM
I have Class Tonight...

Simple Salad topped with Chicken Strips... Dinner from Bags... LOL

Mark B.
07-14-2010, 05:58 PM
Wife is making chilli in the crock pot. Mmmmm! Only in 1.5 hours and smells great already.

Hockeyfan
07-14-2010, 06:15 PM
I'm going to do some red potatoes on the EGG with onions and spices and then do some fillet Mignon and a few hot dogs. Whatever veg. It don't matter. Gotta reward myself for being alone with the kids for a few days while the wife is in San Fran eating like a Queen.

irie feeling
07-14-2010, 06:16 PM
Yessiree! Mines is traveling up island at the end of the month for a few days to renew her business license. I'm Thinking of all the things she won't let me cook.

Mark B.
07-14-2010, 06:22 PM
the wife is in San Fran eating like a Queen.

When in Rome........

Hockeyfan
07-14-2010, 06:42 PM
When in Rome........

LOL. If I was there I could say that same thing.

Don-Dad
07-14-2010, 08:16 PM
I'm about to grill out some chicken animal. Might make a simple salad and a fruit salad, yummy, yummy :)

FuriousStylz21
07-16-2010, 06:17 PM
Have some great boneless country ribs in the oven now, braising in a beer and soy bath. Tok the country ribs, seasoned with garlic powder, onion powder, s and p, and a little oregano. Browned in a cast iron. Sauteed oinions and mushrooms in the pot and deglazed with a half bottle of spaten optimator. Added some soy sauce and a little red wine vinegar. Returned ribs to pot and cook at 250 for 3 hours.....house smells awesome!

Cubfan
07-16-2010, 07:23 PM
Boneless ribs. Now there is an oxymoron is there ever was one!

Love me some Spaten Optimator. I hope you drank the other half of the bottle.

FuriousStylz21
07-16-2010, 07:28 PM
Unfortunately not Cubfan....Im on the Atkins diet right now. BTW, visited Chicago for the first time last year and had a chance to go to Wrigley. Unbelievable. Loved the city...very clean and friendly people. Food was spectacular, especially the hot dogs! My rule of thumb is I rarely drink beer I can see through, but was housing Old Style's all day long at the ball park.

Cubfan
07-16-2010, 07:36 PM
Oh you mean this place??

http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/9822/cimg2167medium.jpg

Yeah, it's not a bad place to be! LOL! Last week my boys and I got down on the field for Season Ticket Holder Appreciation Day. It was awesome, playing catch and running the bases with my two boys for a few hours. Heaven.

Im glad you enjoyed the city. It's a great place. But stay away in the winter.

irie feeling
07-16-2010, 08:16 PM
Sweddy meatball subs.Cheers!:chugchug:

Neodaddy
07-16-2010, 10:01 PM
Stir-fried prawns, red onion, asparagus, green pepper, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, chili peppers. YUM!

Modaisycreech
07-16-2010, 10:25 PM
Homemade black bean burgers, tomato zucc, and feta saute, and a pot carrot bake -

Mark B.
07-16-2010, 10:44 PM
I'll have what Cubby is having. Left over hamburger for me tonight. Kids wanted Mac n Cheese.

Hockeyfan
07-16-2010, 10:51 PM
Didn't have too much on hand that I wanted to bother with. Made chicken nuggets (purdue dino nugs) and corn on the cob.

Cubfan
07-16-2010, 10:56 PM
I'll have what Cubby is having..

oh you mean the pork tenderloin with chimmichurri from a few nights ago?? That was hands-down one of the top 5 best tasting things to ever come off of my grill and onto my dinner plate.

ScottyG
07-17-2010, 12:00 AM
Pasta cooked in home-canned tomato juice (instead of water), with grilled turkey and pesto and olives and green onions mixed in. I'm moving in less than 2 weeks now... gotta use up everything in the pantry.

tt3
07-17-2010, 12:43 AM
Put a pizza stone on the grill. Burned the first one. Ran to Little Ceasar's, saved the adult dinner and Val made the second pizza much better.

cjbart
07-17-2010, 01:09 AM
Scrounged for dinner tonight. Trying to mostly empty the fridge before going away in the morning. My kids aren't really big on nice dinners anyway.

Mark B.
07-17-2010, 12:28 PM
Beer! Corn Hole Tourney in Da Hood this evening.

Hockeyfan
07-21-2010, 08:20 PM
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Worlds-Best-Lasagna/Detail.aspx

Made this this afternoon....well still making. It's absolutely the bomb. Even picked some tomatoes (roma and larger type) and boiled/skinned and hand crushed to include in the sauce.

It's simmering as I type. Going to have to go and assemble in a bit.

Anyways, this is a fantastic recipe for anyone who likes lasagna. Seriously the best I've ever had. Your friends will LOVE it. So will your wife and kids. Enjoy.

Modaisycreech
07-22-2010, 10:44 PM
all ready baked blueberry muffins and banana bread - Just finiahed a Summer Spaghetti with Peppers and Tomatos (stirred in some steamed brocc to add some green) -

Electriclime
07-22-2010, 11:13 PM
Anyways, this is a fantastic recipe for anyone who likes lasagna. Seriously the best I've ever had. Your friends will LOVE it. So will your wife and kids. Enjoy.

I'll have to try that one next time I have some friends over. I'm actually making lasagna tomorrow night, but just a 9x9 pan so there won't be too much leftover. I'll definitely be picking some basil from the garden and I picked up some green peppers at the stand down the road.

Had cantaloupe for dinner. I love a nice chilled melon on a hot day and Emma ate almost a whole (small) melon herself. That's going to be a baaad diaper. Tomorrow morning I'm going to pick up a watermelon.

Cubfan
07-23-2010, 12:33 AM
Had cantaloupe for dinner. I love a nice chilled melon on a hot day

See post #1834 (http://www.dadstayshome.com/showthread.php?t=11652&page=184). I think I ate half a watermelon that day.

wolfmanyoda
07-23-2010, 01:26 AM
I smoked up 12 lbs of chicken wings.

tt3
07-23-2010, 02:02 AM
I made a mess of thick cut bacon for BLT's. Saw the left over grilled chicken breast from yesterday and thought "hmmmm" thin sliced that and threw it on the griddle with the grease. Heh. Take that! healthy chicken. Damn good too.

Electriclime
07-23-2010, 02:09 AM
I smoked up 12 lbs of chicken wings.

http://www.dadstayshome.com/imagehosting/10124c48f99f5097a.jpg

irie feeling
08-01-2010, 11:19 PM
I just had bbq hamsteak with some brown suga rub. Some garlic mashed potatoes and calif. blend veggies. Think I died and went to heaven. Whoo wee!
Cheers!:chugchug:

Neodaddy
08-01-2010, 11:21 PM
Slow cooked BBQ pork chops, green beans, baked tato, garden salad. YUM!

One-Third
08-01-2010, 11:24 PM
Wife's cousins from Long Island at the house all day, plus the sister-in-law, niece, mother-in-law, uncle-in-law...

Slow cooked pulled BBQ chicken on soft chicago rolls, hamburgers/hot dogs on the grill with kraut for the dogs, pasta salad, custom desserts from MIL, and one too many beers...

Now everyone is gone, wife is cleaning up and letting me "watch" the little guy, which is particularly sweet since he is sleeping in his swing and I am enjoying two too many beers...

Bjorn74
08-01-2010, 11:52 PM
Used up a lot of yesterday's leftover cheeseburgers in a cheeseburger mac with whole grain elbow mac and a sauce made with the American Cheese slices that melted from the sun and being too close to the grill. I think the case had 60 burgers and there were about 10 left, so we did pretty well on that account.

irie feeling
08-02-2010, 06:05 PM
Pizza digiorno. Cuz it's Monday, and we always have pizza on Monday.

Electriclime
08-03-2010, 10:58 PM

Made this this afternoon....well still making. It's absolutely the bomb. Even picked some tomatoes (roma and larger type) and boiled/skinned and hand crushed to include in the sauce.

It's simmering as I type. Going to have to go and assemble in a bit.

I have a batch of that wonderful sauce simmering now and can't wait to feast on some lasagna later. Added fresh basil from the garden. The house smells wonderful already!

tjenkins_1983
08-04-2010, 06:30 AM
Going to make my spaghetti Wednesday night. Since I'm awake right now, I'm going to try a chocolate chip cookie recipe that uses a package of vanilla pudding mix.

irie feeling
08-04-2010, 12:56 PM
Chicken quesadillas

Bjorn74
08-10-2010, 01:07 PM
Buttermilk fried chicken (cut the chicken up last night for the soak)
Buttermilk biscuits
Onion rings
baby squash

irie feeling
08-13-2010, 04:55 PM
Yum,yum, Ben
Schweddy meatball subs, on Fresh storebought French Bread.:chugchug: