PDA

View Full Version : Baby Teeth

Neodaddy
04-26-2010, 04:37 PM
What's the earliest any of your kids have lost their first baby tooth? My 4YO has a loose lower front tooth that, to the best of my knowledge, has not been smacked or bumped. I read that they don't start losing teeth until about 6YO, but I know there are exceptions to every rule.

wolfmanyoda
04-26-2010, 04:43 PM
Our kids start losing them about 5 or 6. Haven't had a 4 year old with a loose tooth yet.
Have you asked the dentist? Maybe there is a new tooth coming in early behind it.

Neodaddy
04-26-2010, 04:48 PM
Gonna have to make a visit I guess. Oh joy.

Hockeyfan
04-26-2010, 04:50 PM
I've heard a few people with 4 year olds losing teeth, but usually 5 or 6. My 5yo still has all of his and no loose ones to my knowledge.

57plymouth
04-26-2010, 04:57 PM
Stop feeding them taffy and Moutain Dew.

Kidding of course, time to see a dentist.

tt3
04-26-2010, 05:38 PM
Leah lost her first one at around 2.

Of course, it was surgically removed after she rammed it up into her gums from falling into a book shelf, but that is a different story for a different time...

Porschephile
04-26-2010, 05:42 PM
Shawn now almost six lost his first tooth around this time last year, 2 months shy of his 5th birthday. Alex lost two baby teeth around 5 1/2!

klooth
04-26-2010, 10:48 PM
I probably wouldn't worry about it. My daughter has a friend who lost two teeth before 5. When did your kid get teeth as a baby? Supposedly kids who get their baby teeth early tend to lose them early. Start thinking about what to leave under the pillow!

Hockeyfan
04-26-2010, 10:54 PM
I probably wouldn't worry about it. My daughter has a friend who lost two teeth before 5. When did your kid get teeth as a baby? Supposedly kids who get their baby teeth early tend to lose them early. Start thinking about what to leave under the pillow!

Welcome klooth. Kinda like tooth. So I guess this is a good first post.

Are these new smileys? New locations? Interesting....

Captain Tuttle
04-26-2010, 11:10 PM
Leah lost her first one at around 2.

Of course, it was surgically removed after she rammed it up into her gums from falling into a book shelf, but that is a different story for a different time...

I remember that. I think about it whenever I hear my kids running around upstairs.

tt3
04-27-2010, 01:57 PM

Yeah, welcome. What part of minezota are you in?

tt3
04-27-2010, 01:58 PM
I remember that. I think about it whenever I hear my kids running around upstairs.

We kept the shelf she fell into. It has a dent in the side where it happened. With the new baby, we might just find a different place for it until the kid is older in case it's jinxed.

Mark B.
04-27-2010, 03:09 PM
5-6 years old here. First grade pictures are always funny!

Don-Dad
04-27-2010, 04:04 PM
My youngest lost his first tooth last night. He's 6.5 years old.

This morning while he was half asleep, opens up the bathroom door, my wife was in the shower. "Mom, look what the easter bunny left me" and he shows her $2. :icon_lol: