PDA

View Full Version : It's just a phase...right?

jeffus
04-11-2011, 06:21 PM
Currently, any attempt to dress the 2 year old has been met with fierce resistance...She's insisted on wearing her pj's all day and even out and about.

9 year old won't sleep in her loft bed. Sleeps on the floor. :icon_eyes:

What's yours?

Hockeyfan
04-11-2011, 06:41 PM
Both boys sleep in their beds. Lately the 6yo has been complaining nightly about this that and the other. My ear hurts (likely so to some degree), my stomach hurts, my arm hurts...... Just is putting off bed time and being a little pain. He goes to bed after threats to take something away.

My 2year old is fine with clothes. She loves dresses and puts her stuff on herself. For her lately it's been sleeping with a diaper. She's potty trained in the day. Not the night. She don't get that. She has been taking her diaper off at night. We got her some 1 piece outfits and will put her in those as well. I think she has to pee before going to sleep and she wants that thing off and then she don't want to pee in the diaper. Last night she was up at 11:30 and was crying and I made the wife deal with it obviously. Well she had to go pee on the potty. I tell you. IT's great that she's trained during the day and all that as it saves a bunch on diapers and makes things easy, but in the same it makes things hard. I have to bring her to the poty everywhere we go and even at the park. As for the night. Just wish she'd be cool with peeing in her diaper. LOL.

This morning she was in bed with the 1 piece off enough to get her diaper undone, but not off. Not much pee either. I was impressed. She was working on it though. May have to put it inside out and zipper in the back. LOL.

Electriclime
04-11-2011, 06:57 PM
Mine has decided to celebrate her last month of being 2 by not listening to a damn thing I say and constantly demanding things. I assume it's typical toddler independence/boundary pushing, but it gets old real quick when I'm alone with her all week. Luckily, the weather is finally breaking here and i can take her out to run around every day.

Potty training is another issue. I was getting set for another go at it then the wife fucks it all up on Sunday. We only have a couple weeks until vacation, so I'll prolly just wait until we get home now.

ministermatt
04-11-2011, 07:25 PM
My soon to be 2 year old is ANTI clothes also. The only thing she will leave on is a dress, just because she hasn't figured out how to get that off. If I dress her and wait to long to load her in the van to go out, she is butt naked. It is a phase, very frustrating, but a phase.

Roddy
04-11-2011, 08:46 PM
Both my girls hate socks, I find rolled up dirty socks everywhere!

Youngest thinks wearing gonch under her tights is stupid, actually ginch-wearing is a constant battle with that little wild child! (Oh my poor heart in 10 yrs):pint:

North Country Dad
04-11-2011, 08:59 PM
Both my girls hate socks, I find rolled up dirty socks everywhere!

+1. My boy is out of his "I have to be naked" phase, but both kids still take off their socks all the time.

tt3
04-11-2011, 09:07 PM
Socks and tights everywhere. Wife, three daughters, wherever they feel like taking them off there they drop, there they lay. Ooh, then they'll walk right over them or past them repeatedly without picking them up until I say something!

DarthDaddy
04-11-2011, 09:19 PM
10yo hates socks and I find them everywhere. I told him I am going to start stuffing the dirty socks into his pillow case.

6yo has been a total whinny crybaby... You could tell him it was nice out and he will complain about what you said.

3yo... Potty trained, but has been fighting the last week...

ALL 3 complain daily about their clothes....

Roddy
04-11-2011, 11:05 PM
Socks and tights everywhere. Wife, three daughters, wherever they feel like taking them off there they drop, there they lay. Ooh, then they'll walk right over them or past them repeatedly without picking them up until I say something!

Quickest way to boil my blood, they get it from their mother too.:angry:

wolfmanyoda
04-12-2011, 12:17 PM
When the 16mo is done eating she throws her food onto the floor. 1st kid of mine to do that, the rest of them just played with it at that age.

Kwak
04-12-2011, 01:56 PM
My 4yo is going through this thing where every time somebody asks him to do something he'll run away and almost turn it into a game of tag (looks back often laughing hysterically.) OTOH when he gets caught the game turns into an all-out brawl. .

tt3
04-12-2011, 01:59 PM
You ever consider doing it back to him?
I've done that to Leah many times. She'll bull down and flat out refuse to ... say... put her soy milk in the fridge, scream no at me. Walk away and two minutes later ask me for a treat.
heh
NO! I DON'T WANT TO! :P

cjbart
04-12-2011, 06:22 PM
My four year old (Princess Butterfly) closes the bathroom door when she goes (that's a good thing). But she takes forever, and cannot be hurried. She sings to herself on the potty, and may spend some time making faces in the mirror beforehand or during/instead of washing her hands. It's not uncommon for her to spend 30 minutes or longer in the bathroom. And that's for #1.

The Boy (almost 8 years old) prefers to leave the bathroom door open and chat. He likes to have company when he's going. At least he's quick.
He gets distracted easily, talks all the time, has an opinion on everything, and claims to be smarter than me.

Maybe I should change his name to Hockeyfan.:lol:

Hockeyfan
04-12-2011, 06:31 PM
Maybe I should change his name to Hockeyfan.:lol:

Is his IQ about 160? :chugchug:

My 2yo sometimes wants privacy. Not always. Just when we are at home some of the time. She tells me to "get out daddy" "No see me". LOL. She's quick thankfully. I just have to keep an eye cause if she is on her small potty she will try and empty it herself. Pee or poo. She does pretty well I must say, but it IS an accident waiting to happen. The boys keep the doors open too and don't care. My 6yo also claims to be smarter than all of us. He's a punk.

jeffus
04-16-2011, 03:06 AM
2 year old is wearing clothes again. She likes to turn the lights off now. It's not really a problem during the day.

Hockeyfan
04-16-2011, 01:48 PM
2 year old is wearing clothes again. She likes to turn the lights off now. It's not really a problem during the day.

Has she started climbing yet. On everything. Even the pantry to get to things 6 feet in the air?