PDA

View Full Version : Ok, that's it! I need some BubbleBath sanity

vertygo
08-25-2006, 06:37 AM
Please.. someone.. anyone.. suggest a decent bubble bath. I just bought some Disney K-RAP that literally foams up.. and dies.. before I even get the kids in the bath!

I'm sick and tired of this cheap stuff.. it disappoints me, it confuses the kids, and it's a waste of money.

So.. short of using some Palmolive (sp?), any product suggestions ?

dad305
08-25-2006, 12:13 PM
Sounds like you're desperate for some alone time. Aren't we all. And I am afraid you'll be dissapointed Vertygo, I don't think they sell bubbles that lasts as long as you want it to....

I'll tell you, we've spent money in the expensive ones and for my kids the winner is,yes!! You guess it: MR. BUBBLES!!!

Gabriella is 8 and prefers showers, but Sebastian still enjoys loosing his "hot wheels and dinosours" under the bubbles and although I've never been a fan of spending too much time in a tub after spending the day getting dirty, I let him take a bubble bath a couple of times a week.

Don-Dad
08-25-2006, 12:27 PM
I find the cheap ones are as good as the $3.00 bottles. We buy th ones with Sesame Street Characters on them, cost less than $2.00 and seem to work ok.

Captain Tuttle
08-25-2006, 12:30 PM
Calgon, take me away!!

tt3
08-25-2006, 01:25 PM
We get the dora one, cheap too. Since our showerhead is one of those detachable ones with the hose I use that to really froth up the bubbles. They last long enough for the girls. (We do short baths, the thought of my girls sitting in nasty bathwater just turns my gut...)

LooneyToonDad
08-25-2006, 05:10 PM
nd for my kids the winner is,yes!! You guess it: MR. BUBBLES!!!

We haven't started doing bubble bath's yet with our 17 month old, but we do use the MR. BUBBLES bottle to keep him entertained (or to entice him to actually sit down in the tub).

DaddyO
08-25-2006, 05:24 PM
I've always just used whatever cheap shampoo we have in the house. Works as soap too. Keeps things simple. It was great at our old place where we had a Jacuzzi - that's a great bubble maker.