PDA

View Full Version : Read This Book....

jeffb
10-23-2006, 09:04 PM
I think the oldest is getting a little obsessive, she wants one book read over and over and over and over again....Even if I try and get her another book, she always wants the same book. "Runaway Bunny" Reading it has given me a headache, but its pretty funny, atleast she likes books....

Don-Dad
10-23-2006, 09:12 PM
you mean at least she likes A book :)

Funny how kids get that way, my son was on a kick with a dora book for a while. Same goes for some video, not sure how many times I can take Max and Ruby.

stretch
10-23-2006, 10:53 PM
That's funny. My wife has been trying to read Runaway Bunny to our son since he was about a year old (I guess because she liked it as a kid) and for some reason he has absolutely no interest in it. He'll just take it out of her hand and go put it back in the bookcase. Yet he loves Goodnight Moon. Must have read that 1,000 times. :confused:

jim
10-23-2006, 11:33 PM
My kid has 3 books he wants read to him. Every day it is one of the 3 over and over and over.

While I am impressed that a 1 year old brings a book to me and will sit on my lap while I read it to him I too get sick of the same thing over and over again.

Too bad he is too young for Playboy.:p :p laughing

craigbass76
10-24-2006, 12:47 PM
Ahh, Goodnight Moon. How about the Little Red Caboose? The latter is what mine seems to be bent on, though he may be getting ready to switch. We have some Pooh (the Milne ones) that he likes. That's as in Winnie the Pooh. :)

MIDAD
10-24-2006, 12:56 PM
Sounds like we pretty much have all the same books...except my oldest is now in to "Captain Underpants"....:rolleyes:

Wilde Silas
10-25-2006, 10:21 PM
We've got a hysterical one called 'Where's My Cow?" by Terry Pratchett which is a bit of a spoof on children's books. EVERY NIGHT.

stretch
10-25-2006, 11:11 PM
There's a DVD out on Goodnight Moon produced I think by HBO. it's read by Susan Sarandon with a couple of stories interspersed including one read by Billy Crystal. They also interview a couple of kids on topics like dreams, grandparents, monsters etc. pretty funny. Did you ever see the Simpsons episode where Christopher Walken reads it to the kids at story time and scares the sh*t out of them? :D