PDA

View Full Version : Diapers. Fracking Diapers.

Wilde Silas
03-20-2007, 11:55 AM
The youngest turned 2 on Saturday, and my life suddenly transformed into a urinary hell. He's in the largest size diapers, has no inclination to potty train, and pees like a f*cking Clydesdale the morning after a frat party. I'm changing bed sheets after nap and every morning because he overflows. I literally have not been able to take him in the car anyplace that's more than a 10 minute drive or he overflows the diaper. Ever tried to get the cover off one of those 5 point buckle car seats? I know you have, and I'm telling you, it's caused me to say very rude things about the mother of baby Jesus. That's happened 3 times. I've got piss on the couch, both chairs, the high chair, the car seat, the bed, the carpet in both kids rooms, the sandbox, MY FRACKING STORAGE ROOM FLOOR. It's insanity. He's well within the weight limit for these diapers, not to mention a little young still for potty training. He's drinking *little* more than usual but nothing to cause this Niagra Pissing Falls that we suddenly have. I washed clothes Sunday, and have to do a load for him today because he's pissed on almost everything he's got.

What's going on? Is two the magic urine number or something? MY GOD I'M GOING TO LOSE MY MIND.

CuppaJoe
03-20-2007, 12:08 PM
my 8mo. also had constant packed diapers a couple months ago. But a growth spurt seemed to balance things out by making it longer for his lil' body to process liquids. [now he has explosive s!@$s that run up his back and stain the back of his onesies.]

Cubfan
03-20-2007, 12:39 PM
I'd cut back on his liquids starting about an hour or two before bedtime.

Also (and I hope this doesn't start a diaper war) we dont spend our money on anything else but Pampers. Everything else we tried were simply inferior. Other brands would leak more in a day than Pampers would in a month.

Don-Dad
03-20-2007, 12:50 PM
Try doubling up, get a much bigger diaper. I know we had a thread like this before. I also remember with my oldest that I used to rig up a second diaper, side ways and got creative with the velcro.

No diaper wars, to each his own but I think there must be a stage or something.

Don't get me started on potty training, I have a very resistant 3.5 year old. He refuses to wear big oy underwear, he'd rather walk around for an hour with his pants around his ankles. WTF is that all about, haha!

stretch
03-20-2007, 01:13 PM
Huggies Overnites.

Those suckers hold gallons.

http://www.babiestravellite.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/HuggiesOvernightsLarge.jpg

Otherwise, we're happy Pampers campers.

Cubfan
03-20-2007, 01:14 PM
I'm confused on what you're saying about "bigger diapers". Do you mean a size bigger than what they should be wearing at this time? I wonder if that might be creating a poor fit, and having some leaking that way.

cjbart
03-20-2007, 01:30 PM
I vote for overnites. They are designed for this.
Good luck, dude.

tt3
03-20-2007, 01:58 PM
If he seems unnaturally sleepy, think about having him checked for diabetes too, but if he isn't seeming all thirsty then never mind.
Potty train the little dude. Every hour on the hour put his nekkid butt on the pot for a few minutes till it takes. ;)
I have nothing besides that.
Good luck!

goingrey
03-20-2007, 02:11 PM
Why does this seem like it should be a scene in a movie? A comedy! We've all been there dude don't fret. I think you've gotten some solid advice. We've been very satisfied with White Cloud diapers. After 3 boys...trust me, they hold more than the others and they're ALOT cheaper!
Never used the ones made for overnight, they make sense for your situation too.

Don-Dad
03-20-2007, 02:13 PM
If he seems unnaturally sleepy, think about having him checked for diabetes too, but if he isn't seeming all thirsty then never mind.
Potty train the little dude. Every hour on the hour put his nekkid butt on the pot for a few minutes till it takes. ;)
I have nothing besides that.
Good luck!

Is it that easy, yeah right :0

jim
03-20-2007, 02:44 PM
We use the White Clouds during the day and are really satisfied, but they could not contain it all through out the night. Went to the Huggies overnights for bed and they are a godsend. They will hold enough that you have to watch stuffing them into a diaper genie because you may get sprayed but the kid's clothes and bed is usually still dry.

silviomossa
03-20-2007, 02:51 PM
I have this problem with my two year old as well in the past few weeks. I change him before I go to bed around 1:00 and he still leaks half the time. Might need to try the overnights too.

Porschephile
03-20-2007, 02:52 PM
I'd say hold off on the potty training for a bit and try the huggies overnights they work great. Cut back on his liquid intake too. after 6:30 both our boys don't get a liquids, there bedtime is 7:55!

silviomossa
03-20-2007, 02:56 PM
I'll add that my kid sleeps with a sippy cup. It's his security. Makes his sleeping better, but not his diaper situation.

chuck
03-20-2007, 07:15 PM
Huggies overnights!
They ROCK! I never would have made it without them! Go to the website and register, Huggies is fantastic about sending coupons (good ones) very regularly! And they send E-mail ones too!
I got thru potty training by letting him visit a pre-school than telling him he can't go to school with diapers, he was so motivated by this he potty trained real quick! And yes boy's potty train later than girls, my daughter was done when she was late 2 my son was 3-4ish#-o .
chugchug:

tt3
03-20-2007, 08:34 PM
Is it that easy, yeah right :0

:lol: thats why the ;) after.
:lol:

Jackson's Dad
03-22-2007, 03:20 AM
Go with the larger size, but be sure to put them on real snug. I've found that diapers leak more when they are too small than when they are too big.

Wilde Silas
03-22-2007, 04:20 AM
Trying the Huggies Overnight for the first time tonight. If they leak, I'm sending one to each of you in the mail. Ziplock bag not included. :toimonster:

Bollux
03-22-2007, 04:47 AM
lol

jim
03-22-2007, 05:30 AM
I'll add that my kid sleeps with a sippy cup. It's his security. Makes his sleeping better, but not his diaper situation.

Glad to see my kid is not the only one who likes this. It often saves on the 2 am Daddy wake ups. He will grab his cup, drink his fill and go back to sleep, usually.

Garzilla
03-22-2007, 10:40 PM
My soon to be 2y/o is usually loaded in the morning, sometimes he leakes. I have this habbit of feeling the crotch every now and then, if I feel any bulkyness I change it. He usually does not have time to fill em up, it might cost more in diapers, but less mess.

tsquared
03-23-2007, 02:55 AM
Just for fun we soaked one of the Overnites in a bathtub and it swelled up like a basketball and weighed about 17 pounds. If an Overnite leaks, you either have a fit problem or your kid is going swimming during the night and not telling you.

We get by with changing first thing in the AM, right before nap (around lunch), right after nap, around dinner, and before bed. We use Kirkland diapers during the day and an Overnite at night. He does some quality wizzing while he's asleep, but we still come out OK.

Apparently there are these things called Diaper Doublers that are basically a second liner you can add to a diaper. I'm almost positive you have to order them though.

Porschephile
03-23-2007, 04:15 AM
We use Kirkland size 4 for both boys, who only weigh three pounds apart Overnites work good for our situation. Since Alex's bladder/bowel surgery we've been putting him an in a Overnite for preschool, cause drinks non-stop in the morning. Just my .02 cents.

Cubfan
04-05-2007, 02:48 PM
Ugh. Last 2 nights Jr has pissed thru and pissed on everything! I need to heed my own advice (from early on in this thread) to cut back his liquids in the PM. If it happens again I might look at those Huggy Overnights. Everything from his crib is in the wash right now; sheets, blankets, Grr (his bear), Ooo-ooo (his monkey), the whole cast and crew...

SGTDad
04-05-2007, 06:25 PM
The overnights should work. Just be thankful it's not #2. My boy is thankfully past the stage where he saves up poop for a day or two and practically blows the diaper off his rear end. Unless I catch it right away, it squeezes up his back, out of the leg holes. One morning Mom changed him out of his night diaper but didn't put pants on him. After my morning coffee I went into the playroom to find sh!t all over the geotrax, his legs, the floor. I felt like torching the entire house at that point.