PDA

View Full Version : Another trip?

cloweman
01-14-2008, 09:50 PM
Hey guys,

Do we want to look into scheduling another Chi-town area field trip? I was thinking we should look at the beginning of Feb. We could head west and hit the Rockford Children's museum (http://www.discoverycentermuseum.org/) or the one downtown on Navy Pier (http://www.chicagochildrensmuseum.org/). There are other options, like the Museum of Science (http://www.msichicago.org/) and Industry or the Field Museum (http://www.fieldmuseum.org/) also. I'm not sure those will be age appropriate for most of the kids though.

I just want to get the discussion going, since I know everyone's schedule fills up fast. Let the discussion begin.

cjbart
01-16-2008, 01:43 AM
Don't forget about the Dupage Children's museum in Naperville. That's pretty close to you guys.
MSI and the Field are very much age appropriate. My four year old loves them.
Tuesdays and Thursdays are best for me.

Cubfan
01-16-2008, 02:31 AM
I couldn't make it downtown with the baby. Mommy doesn't like pumping all day.

DuPage would be much better for us.

cloweman
01-16-2008, 08:11 PM
DuPage is fine by me. We have a membership there and are there once a week during the winter. It is a great place for younger kids. I have classes w/ the kids Thurs. and Fri. Does a Tuesday work for everyone else?

DarthDaddy
01-16-2008, 09:34 PM
This Sucks...

Baby Due ANYDAY!!! I will not be able to make it... You guys better keep doing stuff!!!

O:)

cloweman
01-17-2008, 02:17 AM
Who knows. In a few weeks (when we're planning the trip) you may be itching to get out and the wife will be around for the newbie. It might be just the break you need.

If not, I enjoy planning this sort of thing. If you guys keep coming, I'll keep planning them.

Petros1
01-17-2008, 03:22 PM
I'm in for an outing, any day but Monday.

cjbart
01-23-2008, 02:44 PM
Anybody want to go to Museum of Science and Industry next week? Still free admission for the rest of the month! (Not free to park)
Think I'll go on Tuesday the 29th. Or maybe tomorrow. Got a few free Tuesdays at the Adler Planetarium that I need to take advantage of as well. That place is expensive.

Cubfan
01-23-2008, 05:23 PM
At this moment in time, it seems like the baby will NEVER get better. Even if he is well by next week, it might be not a good idea to take him. He's in really bad way....

I'll have to sit this one out.

cjbart
01-25-2008, 04:53 PM
Anybody listen to Justin Roberts with the kids? He's playing tomorrow in Downer's Grove. Just the thing to get out of the house on a cold day. Although tomorrow should feel positively balmy.

cloweman
01-30-2008, 04:18 PM
I hate it when I miss posts. Sorry I didn't respond, I never saw them. I think sometimes it takes me so long to get this far down the forum, that the computer thinks I've already read them. I'll try to do better.

If I don't respond in a day or so, feel free to send me a PM. I know I read those.

cjbart
01-30-2008, 04:52 PM
Museum of Science and Industry is free tomorrow for the last day! I'm going with my friend Chuck and his 3yo Nate. Chuck has a week-old baby girl at home, and a little time off and is going with me to get the Boy Nate out of the house and out of Mom's hair.
Anybody want to meet us?

cloweman
01-30-2008, 09:34 PM
I'd love to, but I have a meeting to check out a preschool tomorrow morning.

cjbart
02-11-2008, 06:55 PM
I'm off to the Garfield Park Conservatory tomorrow. I need some green space.

Petros1
02-15-2008, 03:46 PM
I'm off to the Garfield Park Conservatory tomorrow. I need some green space.

Sounds like you hit some good places, keep the ideas coming. I live over by Cloweman and Cubfan. I think one of these guys mentioned hooking up with you a few times. Anyway, I'll check this message area for future outings.

cjbart
02-15-2008, 04:55 PM
Anybody up for Field Museum next week? Admission is FREE this month! I'd also be up for some Dupage Children's Museum action. Haven't been there this year. But...+it+ might +be +di+ffic+ult for me to g+o wit+h a group,+ be+cause the Boy tends to get stuck in the water play room. sorry about the plus+ signs, Audrey wants to help

cjbart
02-15-2008, 05:03 PM
Sounds like you hit some good places, keep the ideas coming. I live over by Cloweman and Cubfan. I think one of these guys mentioned hooking up with you a few times. Anyway, I'll check this message area for future outings.
It also helps that I'm within easier striking distance of the City. When it gets warm, we should all go to the Morton Arboretum. We had lots of fun there last year.
And we should set up a Cubs game for the summer! Are tickets already on sale, Cubfan?

cloweman
02-16-2008, 03:44 AM
Anytime anyone goes to the DuPage Children's Museum, Morton Arboretum, Brookfield Zoo or Shedd Aquarium let me know. We have memberships at all of them and visit them frequently. I took the kids to DCM on Monday, but have no qualms about going back as soon as next week. The kids love it there.

I could be talked into the Field Museum on Tuesday if we can get a group. Anyone else?

Cubfan
02-16-2008, 04:32 AM
And we should set up a Cubs game for the summer! Are tickets already on sale, Cubfan?

Next Friday I think, the 22nd. I'm all for that!

About next week.... Man, I guess I'm just not really keen on taking the baby downtown and all that goes with it. I mean I could, but I think I'd just feel a little overwhelmed with it all; newborn struggling to drink from a bottle. I'm still in that mode of "holy shit don't freak out on me in public". 2.5yo is getting started on potty training...... ugh, I dont know... Call me a wus I guess.

cjbart
02-16-2008, 04:47 AM
I'd love to meet 2B, how's that sometime playgroup in your area shaping up?

Petros1
02-16-2008, 10:22 PM
I'm in for an outing or 2. Hey Cubby, that's not wus-ville, we all have or are in that same boat. I think there is enough experience in the group to handle any issues. Hell, I used to have a little difficulty changing diapers efficienty but got to a point of cleaning the plumbing and putting on a new poop catcher in under a minute! Besides the new yonker is still under warranty.

cloweman
02-16-2008, 11:32 PM
Let's do DCM then on Tuesday. Does that work for everyone?

cjbart
02-17-2008, 11:11 AM
Crud. The Boy has a dentist appointment at 10AM on Tuesday. I'll have to bow out.

cloweman
02-18-2008, 09:38 PM
I'm planning on going to DCM w/ or w/o you guys. I should get there around 9:30 or so. Let me know if any of you plan on joining me.

cjbart
02-19-2008, 01:27 PM
Have a great time! Wish we could join you today.

Petros1
02-19-2008, 04:06 PM
I'm planning on going to DCM w/ or w/o you guys. I should get there around 9:30 or so. Let me know if any of you plan on joining me.

Dude, give me a call or e-mail when you're doing these things! I don't always get a chance to read these threads to catch what's on the menu.

cloweman
02-19-2008, 10:12 PM
Will do, Petros1. What should we do next Tuesday? We could do DCM again.

BTW - I did have a good time at DCM today, even if NONE of you guys showed up!!!

cjbart
02-19-2008, 10:48 PM
I could be there next Tuesday. We had a nice time at the detist without you, too.

Petros1
02-20-2008, 03:03 PM
Sounds good DCM works for me. Hey Cloweman, don't you get tired of that place? I think I've only been there twice in my whole SAHD career! They probably know you by name at this point.

cjbart
02-20-2008, 03:16 PM
There's always some nice scenery, too. ;)

cloweman
02-21-2008, 08:28 PM
I get sick of DCM, but the kids don't. I can tolerate a little monotony if it wears them out. That is why I'm headed back this afternoon and probably again on Tuesday. :)