PDA

View Full Version : Staving off Insanity. Your cure?

kagan
08-28-2008, 03:33 AM
Well, beer of course, but what about music, comedy, gaming, risky hobbies?

I have over 12,000 MP3's so my iPod's always loaded. I love Monty Python, Steven Wright, George Carlin and Ron White. I play BF1942 almost addictively and I ride a Harley.

And insanity hasn't won yet. What about you guys?

Bollux
08-28-2008, 03:36 AM
problem is insanity cant harm the insane. ;) usually just some gaming pc or wii, homebrewing, reading and listening to music at loud volumes

Mark B.
08-28-2008, 03:42 AM
Kagan, you had me at beer! Cheers!

jeffus
08-28-2008, 03:46 AM
I like to fry ants with a magnifying glass on sunless days (it's a long, prolonged death)....or teach others to do the same.

Sometimes, I catch animals for sport and release them in the least-favored neighbors yard after dousing them in fox pee.

Other than that, I go food-shopping for home-bound eldery people who would otherwise be consigned to nursing homes and find themselves riddled with bed-sores in short order.

And I occasionally do some engineering work on the side. Like medical imaging facilities and stuff...

Sometimes.......I read books. To kids. At the school! MuhaaMuhaa! Diabolical...isn't it?!

Mark B.
08-28-2008, 03:56 AM
Sometimes.......I read books. To kids. At the school! MuhaaMuhaa! Diabolical...isn't it?!

More like scary! Funny stuff Jeff. Did you just have an anniversary from quiting cigarettes or weed?

kagan
08-28-2008, 03:58 AM
jeffus, you are a demon! I also read (past tense, not present) books to my son's classes and then my daughter's. Third and fourth grade stuff. I also took my Corn snakes in for pet day. Dogs and cats were all over the place and I had the longest line. Only my daughter's 5th grade teacher declined my offer of a reptile exhibit. Not bad for an accumulated total of about 9 visits. Oh, and the 5th grade teacher loved my Lab. It was his only show.

Books are a great way to relieve stress. Usually I let my wife refer me to stuff since she turned me onto Atlas Shrugged back in '86. She has great taste.

Speaking of taste, a true hunter eats their kill. How are those ants?

Cheers!

woodchuck
08-28-2008, 04:27 AM
Open my beer bottle with a chainsaw, and other fun activities with big toys.

jeffus
08-28-2008, 04:34 AM
Speaking of taste, a true hunter eats their kill. How are those ants?

Medium rare! :eusa_hand:

Bada-bing! :eusa_whistle:

DC
08-28-2008, 05:29 AM
At first i thoght it said shaving off your insanity :lol:

as for me:

i go to disneyland( i have a premium pass), usually go by myself or with my employers, or friends, either way im going cause its super fun and heh,shorter lines if your a single rider :thumbsup:

Paint, or draw, hey i have serveral i need to finish and if ya all want commisions leme know what ya want.

drive my baby (my toyota supra)

hang out with my friends(those who arent total moochers)at disneyland, art galleries, concerts, etc. and recconect with them :)

i also go fishing, and am hoping to do some redneck fishing with some fireworks i have gotten from my employer/friends brother :D bless that man

cook

starting to date again, and its going better than before, not meeting crazy CRAAAAZY (by crazy i mean no sense of humor type girls, seriously my last g/f was set off if you told her that waterboy with adam sandler was a funny movie! WHO THE HELL DOESNT FIND THAT MOVIE FUNNY?! yeah there was something defintly wrong with her medulla oblongota)

Well, beer of course, but what about music, comedy, gaming, risky hobbies?

I have over 12,000 MP3's so my iPod's always loaded. I love Monty Python, Steven Wright, George Carlin and Ron White. I play BF1942 almost addictively and I ride a Harley.

speaking of monty python i just saw an eric idle show recently, Eric Idle, i am not the messiah. HILARIOUS!

I like to fry ants with a magnifying glass on sunless days (it's a long, prolonged death)....or teach others to do the same.

Diabolical...isn't it?!
TEACH ME TEACH ME TEACH ME TEACH ME TEACH ME !!

Mark B.
08-28-2008, 05:48 AM
starting to date again, and its going better than before, not meeting crazy CRAAAAZY (by crazy i mean no sense of humor type girls, seriously my last g/f was set off if you told her that waterboy with adam sandler was a funny movie! WHO THE HELL DOESNT FIND THAT MOVIE FUNNY!

That is some mighty potent H2O!

DC
08-28-2008, 06:09 AM
That is some mighty potent H2O!
bobby boshay are you playin fooseball behind my back?!

Math Daddy
08-28-2008, 11:08 AM
Parts of "Waterboy" were filmed at my college. In fact, every person in the classroom scene (where he drops Colonel Sanders) were my fellow classmates and friends. I couldn't participate in filming, because I was taking the teacher certification exams that day. There are some funny stories about Adam Sandler trying to escape the women's basketball team that day. Heh.

As for insanity....I'm like Bollux. I don't suffer from it...I enjoy every minute! However, to keep myself insane, I read, play video games, or say outrageous things that I know will make my siblings-in-law spend hours pondering my point, trying to figure out how to respond to it. Now THAT'S fun.

chuck
08-28-2008, 11:25 AM
Staving off Insanity? Why in the world would you want to do that? Insanity is one of the better reasons to be a SAHD!:dumb:

tt3
08-28-2008, 12:27 PM
Beer of couse. I read a lot. Atlas Shrugged, huh? I found it to be an interesting book too. Just started (again) the hitchhikers guide series. Good stuff.

I shoot, brew and would like to say "play video games" but haven't even played one in months.