PDA

View Full Version : Anniversary

wolfmanyoda
09-23-2008, 02:06 PM
Well this Friday is my 10 year. We're not doing anything big because of the house construction.
We're going down to southern Indiana to stay at a bed and breakfast Friday night and then spend Saturday at Nashville in Brown County. It's a cool little town full of shops of every sort. It's a nice idea as the last time were were down there was just after we were married. They also have the second best ice cream parlor in the state.
On the down side my wife is having second thoughts about leaving our 18 month old with my mother. :wall:

Porschephile
09-23-2008, 03:22 PM
Congrats it'll be Bollux's too, he's getting hitched around 5 pm.

Mark B.
09-23-2008, 03:26 PM
Gongrats and enjoy the peace and quiet. Just out of curiosity, where is the best ice cream in the state of Indiana?

SteveH
09-23-2008, 04:03 PM
Happy Anniversary!! My wife and I often do B&B's for our anniversaries -- they're a nice way to have a short getaway.

Bjorn74
09-23-2008, 04:15 PM
Happy Anniversary.

My In-Laws have a cottage on Lake Lemon near Nashville but live in Bloomington, so we don't head into Nashville very often. I'd advise against looking too long for parking. It's a madhouse, especially this time of year. If the ice cream is the one I think, look for a glass shop east from there. It's where the glass shop next to the ice cream on the main street sells their apprentice works. There is a selection of Tin Fleas that are always a hoot.

wolfmanyoda
09-23-2008, 04:18 PM
Thanks all, it'll be fun.
Bollux is tying the not on Friday? Congrats man! :pals:
Mark B. -- the best is Ivanhoe's (http://www.ivanhoes.info/) in Upland.
They have 100 shakes and 100 sundaes. If you go on a busy day the line streches out through the parking lot. That place rocks.

wolfmanyoda
09-23-2008, 04:20 PM
Happy Anniversary.

My In-Laws have a cottage on Lake Lemon near Nashville but live in Bloomington, so we don't head into Nashville very often. I'd advise against looking too long for parking. It's a madhouse, especially this time of year. If the ice cream is the one I think, look for a glass shop east from there. It's where the glass shop next to the ice cream on the main street sells their apprentice works. There is a selection of Tin Fleas that are always a hoot.

I seem to remember a glass shop, but not where. I think the ice cream place had a red stripe that you had to follow to find. I always liked the guy who stands outside and carves statues with his chainsaw and the shop the makes copper water fountains.
I also remember how bad parking is, but we like to walk so no prob.

tt3
09-23-2008, 04:20 PM
Congratulations on 10 years! 1.5yrs old isn't too young to leave a kid with a grandma overnight. You tell her I said it was ok, that should help, right?!?
:lol:

Bollux
09-23-2008, 04:21 PM
congratz man

and yes i am getting married on friday.

Mark B.
09-23-2008, 04:35 PM
Thanks all, it'll be fun.Mark B. -- the best is Ivanhoe's (http://www.ivanhoes.info/) in Upland.
They have 100 shakes and 100 sundaes. If you go on a busy day the line streches out through the parking lot. That place rocks.

Skip the ice cream and just get a few cans of Ready Whip for the room. Have fun.

Hockeyfan
09-23-2008, 04:37 PM
Congrats. That's a big number. 10! Good stuff. Cheers to the next ten! :chugchug:

wolfmanyoda
09-23-2008, 07:29 PM
Skip the ice cream and just get a few cans of Ready Whip for the room. Have fun.
That was *my* plan but not if we have a kid with us. Ah shit, that means one of us has to stay sober too! Man, nothing says anniversary like whip cream and alcohol...

tt3--I'll tell her you said it was cool man. The problem is not with our daughter being old enough, it's the complaining we know we'll hear from my mom for the next month following it. She loves to be a martyr and every small favor is never forgotten. My wife's parents are taking the other 4 and will only tell us 'they've been perfect angels' when we pick them up.

Thanks Hockey!

jeffus
09-23-2008, 07:32 PM
Hey, thursday is our 9th!

Happy Anniversary Everybody! :chugchug:

wolfmanyoda
09-23-2008, 07:39 PM
Congrats to you too man! Let's all have a round on thursday, 2 on friday, and hell, someone has something to drink to on saturday, right?

Captain Dad
09-24-2008, 01:36 AM

With that many kids they probably need the whippits, I would stick to drinking myself...Oh, you mean use the whipped cream on... That would be fun too, and probably more appropriate for the occasion.

wolfmanyoda
09-28-2008, 01:13 AM
Well we just got back, had a great time.
The B&B we stayed at was amazing, and it's for sale. If I had an extra $700,000 laying around I'd be in the business.
Nashville(Indiana) was pretty busy but it was still nice. I bought a kick-ass leather hat and gloves. I was surprised by how many shops were empty and a few more were going out of business. We didn't plan on it, but we did about half of our Christmas shopping since so much stuff was 50-75% off.
I'll post some pics soon but not right now, I'm going to bed.
Oh yeah, we left all of the kids, it was cool.

Captain Dad
09-28-2008, 01:16 AM
Oh yeah, we left all of the kids, it was cool.

Is this one of those safe haven (http://www.dadstayshome.com/showthread.php?t=8771) states that you can leave any kid at the hospital when you get "tired of caring for them"?

wolfmanyoda
09-29-2008, 01:37 PM
Ha, no, just left them with their grandparents.
Here's a few pics (http://picasaweb.google.com/wolfmanyoda/BB#) of the B&B we stayed at. Guess I didn't take as many pics as I thought.

Kwak
09-29-2008, 02:16 PM
Congratulations on the getaway, man.

Even better, congrats on having family who are willing to step in and take care of your kids. I wish we were so lucky.