Stay at Home Dads Forum

Stay at Home Dads Forum (http://www.dadstayshome.com/index.php)
-   Daddy Deals (http://www.dadstayshome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Kay Bee going out of business (http://www.dadstayshome.com/showthread.php?t=9335)

Nightram 01-07-2009 03:58 AM

Kay Bee going out of business

Some stuff was 80% off, so I got some stuff for when my boy is older.
They may be down to the bare bones by now though.

Don-Dad 01-07-2009 04:00 AM

Yeah, our local store was pretty much wiped out a few days after christmas. We picked up a few halloween sound cd's for $.50 a piece. Everything else was pretty much crap.

Bollux 01-07-2009 03:19 PM

kaybee always sucked and was overpriced... no shocker they are going out of business

Porschephile 01-07-2009 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bollux (Post 148727)
kaybee always sucked and was overpriced... no shocker they are going out of business

Couldn't of said it it better.

wolfmanyoda 01-07-2009 03:47 PM

The last one around here closed about 4 years ago. I got a few good deals at the time, but most of it still cost too much.

Hockeyfan 01-07-2009 03:53 PM

So is there no sense in looking at the local KB to see if they have any deals? I almost never bought stuff there either. Last thing was a couple of 1 dollar colouring books for Halloween for the kids.

DarthDaddy 01-07-2009 03:53 PM

80% off.. I think that only makes them 10% over priced...

:icon_razz:

Don-Dad 01-07-2009 05:33 PM

It's actually a shame that they were so overpriced, there are not too many "toy only" stores around besides toys-r us which is usually overpriced as well compared to walmart and target.

Patrickz 01-08-2009 01:39 PM

Wacky-mart and the T are were we go just out of already being there for other stuff. I loved KB as a kid as I got my model rocket stuff there back in the 70's...:icon_lol: still have a few now..:icon_redface:

Bollux 01-08-2009 02:17 PM

true it seems target and wally world is the best place for prices on toys and tru always seems a bit ransacked. but as stated tru now has cornered the market on toy stores. i find that targets around here also vary prices depending upon where it is. I have seen the price different in 3 targets on an item so round here location plays a factor.

Hockeyfan 01-08-2009 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bollux (Post 148987)
true it seems target and wally world is the best place for prices on toys and tru always seems a bit ransacked. but as stated tru now has cornered the market on toy stores. i find that targets around here also vary prices depending upon where it is. I have seen the price different in 3 targets on an item so round here location plays a factor.

Wallyworld has different prices depending on the store too.

I told the wife about this sale and she looked at the one in Cary yesterday, but it was pretty much only crap left. Needless to say, she didn't buy anything.