Stay at Home Dads Forum

Stay at Home Dads Forum (http://www.dadstayshome.com/index.php)
-   Sports Talk (http://www.dadstayshome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   nlf 2018 2019 (http://www.dadstayshome.com/showthread.php?t=14314)

Mark B. 09-10-2018 03:24 AM

nlf 2018 2019

You guys are pathetic. A Jets fan starting this thread? Really?

Anyway, Aaron Rodgers is the greatest QB thus far in my lifetime. Just saying. Wow.

feedthemachine 09-10-2018 10:36 AM

A TIE!A friggin TIIIIIIIE !!!:wall:

GBDad 09-11-2018 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark B. (Post 297843)

Anyway, Aaron Rodgers is the greatest QB thus far in my lifetime. Just saying. Wow.

A-Rodg is a stone-cold assassin! He'll tip me over the edge with another Super Bowl win. I'm a Favre guy. A 12 year-old kid growing up an hour from Lambeau Field when Favre started scrambling, throwing bombs, winning divisions, two straight Super Bowl appearances with a win, and three straight MVPs.....still got it for me!

A little sports crossover...Brewers in Chicago to play the Cubs and after last night's win, only 1 game back. Cubs fans were giving Brewers bullpen catcher Marcus Hanel the business while he was out playing long-toss with pitchers before the game. He stops and takes off his Brewers jersey with an Aaron Rodgers jersey on underneath. HA!!!! Hilarious!!!

Mark B. 09-11-2018 10:10 PM

GBDad, I hear ya about former Jets/Packers great Brett Farve. :smile: Today's game is so much bigger, faster AND complicated.

Great line about the Nike shoes too on the other thread and the story about Hanel as well. That was perfectly planned.

feedthemachine 09-17-2018 11:45 AM

The Steelers :wtf::eusa_sick:

Kwak 09-18-2018 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by feedthemachine (Post 297921)
The Steelers :wtf::eusa_sick:

They're a real tire fire this year, aren't they? Personally I think Bell, Brown, Ben, Tomlin and the Defensive Coordinator are all gone after this year. It's been fun, but it's time to run.

feedthemachine 09-21-2018 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kwak (Post 297937)
They're a real tire fire this year, aren't they? Personally I think Bell, Brown, Ben, Tomlin and the Defensive Coordinator are all gone after this year. It's been fun, but it's time to run.

Agree 100%..I just told my son to get ready to see the Steelers of my childhood,, the 80's :icon_oak: .
Its time to blow it up and rebuild this once proud franchise.

Kwak 11-14-2018 01:22 PM

It's official: "LateVeon" Bell is sitting out the entirety of what he promised his fans would be his "best season every." He was spotted up near his Pittsburgh area residence playing pickup B-ball after tweeting "farewell Miami" but he failed to show up by 4pm yesterday to sign what would have been his THIRD franchise tag.

That means next year he will be a free agent unless the Steelers place the transition tag on him in the offseason - which they might just do out of spite, but his career with the Steelers is effectively over. Whoever gets him will have a 27 year old running back who admittedly has talent as a double threat, but he also has a history of holding out on his contract and violating the league's drug policy.

Buh bye L8Veon. C YA.

Mark B. 11-20-2018 04:53 PM

Did anyone else watch NFL Monday Night Allstar Football game last night? If defense wins Championships the Rams and Chiefs are doomed! I have seen more hard hitting in an NHL Allstar game.

Mark B. 12-03-2018 03:58 PM

Jets blow a 16-0 lead. How the frack is Todd Bowles still the Jets coach? What a buffoon.

These are dark days in Green Bay too.

GBDad 12-06-2018 06:38 PM

Word is that the Jets are a likely landing spot for Mike McCarthy. McCarthy won't be out of a job long if he wants to coach again next year.

Kwak 12-06-2018 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark B. (Post 297843)

LOL. Just End The Season!

Steelers ownership has egg on its face because the backup/now starting running back is out with an ankle sprain. Personally they should've DFA'd Bell when he held out last year.

Meanwhile, Ben's pass attempt percentage is up and his accuracy is constantly called into question.

The head coach is also 0 for 9 when he tosses the red bean bag. It came out that he goes on his challenges solely by watch he sees on the JumboTron. W3rd.

Don't even get me started on the officiating on last week's game. The refs scored 14 points in that game. According to the talking heads here though the Steelers would still have found a way to lose. Hell, they're making it sound like they're going to choke in Oakland - who have TWO wins this year.

I guess anything goes when you tie with the Cleveland Browns.

Mark B. 12-06-2018 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GBDad (Post 298748)
Word is that the Jets are a likely landing spot for Mike McCarthy. McCarthy won't be out of a job long if he wants to coach again next year.

I would take Mike McCarthy's garbage man over Todd Bowles as Jets coach.

irie feeling 12-10-2018 01:44 PM

Pippa always beats me at Uno and Operation. I'm good way Zingo and Checkers. Some day I'll teach her chess.
That's the only games gonna on here on Sunday.
#offendedvet

Mark B. 12-10-2018 02:52 PM

Back to football, Jets win, Giants win and the Patriots choke in cataclysmic fashion! Things like that just are not supposed to happen to them. Unfortunately the Eagles could not finish off the Cowboys. Their kicker spit the bit.

Kwak 12-10-2018 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark B. (Post 298782)
Back to football, Jets win, Giants win and the Patriots choke in cataclysmic fashion! Things like that just are not supposed to happen to them. Unfortunately the Eagles could not finish off the Cowboys. Their kicker spit the bit.

The same thing happened to the Steelers vs 2-win Oakland. Bad turf was just one of their problems. The other was having the starting quarterback standing on the sidelines for most of the second half without a helmet even though he was medically cleared. Even when the Steelers took the lead late in the 4th I knew they'd choke. Tomlin is TERRIBLE with time management in late game situations and the D hung him out to dry. That the kick slipped and had the potentially tying FG blocked with seconds to spare was just a festering cherry on a $#!+ sundae.

It wasn't all bad Ju Ju though. Ju Ju Smith-Shuster put the points on the board with some spectacular footwork. That's good Ju Ju.

Mark B. 12-16-2018 03:09 PM

Well at least I wont have to suffer through another Jets late choke in an effort to comeback and win late this Sunday! They took care of that on Saturday. :wall:

Kwak 12-16-2018 04:46 PM

I can understand the frustration of being in the same division with New England. I'm hoping the Steelers give them a run for their money today.

The AFC North is more competitive than it has been in recent memory. The Ravens are a half game behind the Steelers and have given Flacco the clipboard to be the backup QB. The Browns don't have the QB dilemma for once in their lives and beat the Broncos to keep in the hunt for a playoff berth - with an interim coach. Jeez, even the Bengals are in it.

It just goes to show how weak the AFC North is this year. I have a feeling that the playoff games are all going to be pushed back to 8pm; the west is where it's at this year.

Captain Tuttle 01-07-2019 02:12 AM

so...how 'bout that Eagles Bears game? :wtf:

Kwak 01-07-2019 12:09 PM

There's certainly been a lot of parity in the league this year. It hasn't exactly been the year of the kicker though!

Mark B. 01-07-2019 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Tuttle (Post 298975)
so...how 'bout that Eagles Bears game? :wtf:

Unreal!

Mark B. 01-15-2019 11:37 PM

It just wont end for the Jets, and I am not talking about the last season. UHG!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6b_U3s4h5A

Kwak 01-16-2019 01:13 PM

Are they the worst in the league? Probably not; they're little brother to New England in their division. All it will take is for New England to implode. There are chinks in Sir Tom's armor.

Otherwise parity seems to abound. Teams that were barely over .500 were in the running for a wild card spot all the way up to week 17.

As a Steelers fan the house is crumbling. Player defections abound and locker room discipline points to the inmates running the asylum and a head coach essentially calling a piss poor defense on his own. Assistant coaches are being let go or are taking lateral deals elsewhere yet the head coach may get an extension. SMH. Is it time to start rooting for Cleveland?

Kwak 01-21-2019 04:10 PM

I couldn't keep away. I watched both games yesterday. There was some high drama and some damn fine plays made.

There were a lot of blown calls too. When are they just going to put sensors in the ball?

Mark B. 01-21-2019 06:00 PM

2 good games yesterday that had a couple of bad calls in both. Are the Patriots good? Of course. But they are blessed as well. If the Chiefs Dee Ford does not line up off sides on a play he had nothing to do with the media would be writing Brady's epitaph after losing the big game after throwing 3 interceptions in one playoff game instead of telling us how awesome he still is. What a frigging bonehead mistake by Lee. Can you imagine after all the exercises and drills the entire team does all year is thrown away on a mistake like that?

GBDad 01-22-2019 06:36 PM

The Saints got SCREWED on that no call for pass interference. DB just BLEW UP the receiver with his back to the ball. No call? If that's called it's over. It's stuff like that which fuels the fire of thinking the NFL is rigged. Calls in each game kind of went the way of ensuring an LA/Boston matchup. Large markets, one on each coast, has CBS execs grinning ear to ear that they don't have to promote a New Orleans vs. Kansas City Super Bowl.

Kwak 01-23-2019 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GBDad (Post 299096)
The Saints got SCREWED on that no call for pass interference. DB just BLEW UP the receiver with his back to the ball. No call? If that's called it's over. It's stuff like that which fuels the fire of thinking the NFL is rigged. Calls in each game kind of went the way of ensuring an LA/Boston matchup. Large markets, one on each coast, has CBS execs grinning ear to ear that they don't have to promote a New Orleans vs. Kansas City Super Bowl.

I agree. They had to move the officiating crew out of their hotel afterward because of all the threats though. Fans are nuts.

Brady is a MACHINE though. They cut to him on the sidelines after KC took the lead with less than 2 minutes on the clock. He had a blank look on his face. It was like watching a robot parsing a data dump, then standing up to become Superman. I hate him so much I can't help but admire him!

Sir Tom winning the toss at OT was just the cherry on top though. It's such a shame that OT is sudden death though. The game could've gone on for at least another hour!

Mark B. 01-23-2019 04:57 PM

I can't believe Dee ford would actually show up at this years NFL Pro Bowl after last weeks bonehead play that cost his Kansas City Chief teammates a trip to this year's Super Bowl. Unreal.

Kwak 01-23-2019 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark B. (Post 299103)
I can't believe Dee ford would actually show up at this years NFL Pro Bowl after last weeks bonehead play that cost his Kansas City Chief teammates a trip to this year's Super Bowl. Unreal.

With NFL's current crop of divas I'm actually not surprised.

BTW, NE made some boneheaded plays of their own. One play by KC wouldn't have made a difference. Winning the coin toss at OT would have.

Mark B. 01-25-2019 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kwak (Post 299109)
With NFL's current crop of divas I'm actually not surprised.

BTW, NE made some boneheaded plays of their own. One play by KC wouldn't have made a difference. Winning the coin toss at OT would have.

Winning a coin toss is a game of chance. Zero strategy. Guess and hope. The guy set up offsides on the biggest play of his career. Total choke.

I love this kid! I can't think of another team in any USA sport that has been found guilty of cheating multiple times with the same folks running the Organization.

https://nypost.com/2019/01/24/10-yea...-science-fair/

GBDad 01-31-2019 06:22 PM

Any plans for the Big Game?

Hosting a couple of friends. All of our kids are about the same age. Done it the last couple of years. Kids have a blast playing. We lock ourselves in the basement and get to enjoy the game while the kids destroy the house.

Making a hot dog bar this year. Hot dogs with all the fixings. Pot of chili. Nachos. If the wife wants to go get it - a veggie tray from Costco. Ball is in her court on that one. Costco is too busy and I plan on buying nothing healthy.

Used to go to a neighbor's house but haven't been invited the last 3 years. Tough to figure them out. The lady has a huge stick up her @$$ sometimes. As in, walk by her picking up the kids from school, say hello, and she actively looks the other way and ignores you. When she wants free medical advise about her kids from my wife though, we're best friends! One of those types.

Mark B. 01-31-2019 06:30 PM

No big plans here for the Superbowl. The wife will be traveling out of town for work so it will just be me, my daughter and the dogs come game time. My wife got some decent numbers in the poffice pool. Not big money but something to root for.

Mark B. 02-06-2019 01:06 AM

Me thinks the guys with the Pats jerseys took the better of this beating. What a shame.

https://nypost.com/2019/02/05/patrio...all-out-brawl/

Mark B. 02-22-2019 05:22 PM

Mr. Robert Kraft! Tsk tsk! It's Christmas in February!

Kwak 02-23-2019 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark B. (Post 299370)
Mr. Robert Kraft! Tsk tsk! It's Christmas in February!

Yeah, that's a real shocker. After his show of support at the Tree of Life synagogue I thought he was a pretty decent human being. It just goes to show you should always expect the worst from people, huh?

Mark B. 02-23-2019 03:59 PM

Just another person in the Patriots Organization with "Tricks up his sleeve"!

Looking forward to the rest of the list of names involved to come out.

GBDad 02-27-2019 06:05 PM

You would think a multi-billionaire wouldn't have to visit a massage parlor in a strip mall to get his "services."

Kwak 02-27-2019 08:42 PM

I heard he got dropped off in a chauffeured Bentley both days. SMH.

Mark B. 02-27-2019 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kwak (Post 299417)
I heard he got dropped off in a chauffeured Bentley both days. SMH.

In that neck of the woods there are plenty of Bently's. That being said ya think he might want fly under the radar going to that place.

irie feeling 03-01-2019 02:06 PM

I hear Robert Kraft is looking for a new "tight end."