Stay at Home Dads Forum

Stay at Home Dads Forum (http://www.dadstayshome.com/index.php)
-   New to Site - Just Saying Hello (http://www.dadstayshome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Hello from Orange County, CA (http://www.dadstayshome.com/showthread.php?t=13012)

Neodaddy 10-27-2011 10:44 PM

That's cause you're a hero!

Riggs 10-28-2011 05:52 AM

Man, there's only been 15, OK maybe 14, new to site guys threads so far this year. To any dads lurking (who the hell came up with that term? I read some forums I never post on, lurker sounds evil) out there, there really are some good guys on here, and you won't get jumped on (much :icon_wink:) if you join in and type the wrong thing. Whatever the the damn right number is, SAHD's are pretty few and far between, gotta stick up for each other. :chugchug:

Riggs 10-28-2011 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neodaddy (Post 239148)
That's cause you're a hero!

Don't think you knew Neo, but actually, that may be true since silvio's wife became an invalid after a heart attack, and he seems to care for his kids well though it still. He may set folks on edge with his tone sometimes, but he's put up with a lot of stuff without whining about it, without even talking about it. Not sure where that all ended because of that.

Neodaddy 10-28-2011 11:04 AM

No, was not aware. And yes, his tone does set me on edge sometimes. This is a place to talk about our experiences, hopefully without getting pissed on when it's personal and sometimes difficult. And I wouldn't classify most of it as "poor me" stuff. It's sharing, seeking support, finding camaraderie in the trench we share.

Captain Tuttle 10-28-2011 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riggs (Post 239163)
Man, there's only been 15, OK maybe 14, new to site guys threads so far this year. To any dads lurking (who the hell came up with that term? I read some forums I never post on, lurker sounds evil) out there, there really are some good guys on here, and you won't get jumped on (much :icon_wink:) if you join in and type the wrong thing. Whatever the the damn right number is, SAHD's are pretty few and far between, gotta stick up for each other. :chugchug:

We need a new poll. Have you ever been made to feel unwelcome on a SAHD message board?

I agree with what you said Riggs.

silviomossa 10-29-2011 03:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neodaddy (Post 239167)
And I wouldn't classify most of it as "poor me" stuff.

The original poster stated that "we are terribly discriminated against in many ways". So yeah, "poor me" is what I'll stick with. If anyone thinks that the life of an SAHD (which for many is made possible by spouse who earn better than average incomes) is a life of "terrible discrimination", then I would posit that such a person has lived a terribly, blissfully, sheltered life.

fondestpie 11-06-2011 02:39 PM

I've not noticed any discrimination, but then I don't really worry much about other people or their thoughts and feelings on being a sahd. I actively chose to do this. Really what counts as discrimination? Some old geezer talking smack because u stay home with your kids, would that be discriminatory? I just don't get it. I've loved staying home, and the words and actions of other have very little to do with that. I've heard snide remarks but no matter what u do there are going to be haters. So envy my skills in the kitchen and watch me rock this baby carrier bitches, I am man i do not whine.