Stay at Home Dads Forum

Stay at Home Dads Forum (http://www.dadstayshome.com/index.php)
-   Weight Loss (http://www.dadstayshome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Runners (http://www.dadstayshome.com/showthread.php?t=13704)

757dad 06-07-2013 03:25 PM

Runners

Wasn't sure where to start this but since this seems to be the exercise forum so to speak thought I would start a new topic.

Just ran my 3rd Half Marathon this past weekend. 1:46:32 (about a minute slower than when I did the same race 2 years ago). I am running a 8K for the local children's hospital in 2 weeks and then the Rock and Rock Virginia Beach Labor Day weekend. Always tougher for me to train in the summer with the girls not in school, but I would am going for a sub 1:40 at the Rock and Roll. I ran a 1:42 2 years ago.

Anyone else got races planned for the summer?

BTworkfromhome 06-08-2013 04:43 AM

Not this summer, but planning on a half next May and then a full the following fall. Mostly need to keep up for my PT test for the national guard. AT coming up in two weeks and I haven't been out near enough this spring. (Late spring that it was for us up north)

tt3 06-08-2013 11:48 AM

I'm no marathoner, just a couple 5k's through the year, maybe work up to a 10k.

One-Third 06-08-2013 10:26 PM

I have run two fulls and six halfs - but in the past five years only one half and a bunch of 5-Ks. The half I ran last December was fun - enough to get me to think about another one. But I am slow - I shoot for the 10 minute mile, so for me a good half time is between 2 (if I am feeling good) and 2:20 if I am fun running.

Been doing some 5-Ks this spring... not much racing in Florida during the summer.

757 - did you do the Va Beach Rock and Roll? Those are fun races - I did the Country Music Marathon back in 2002 and the San Antonio half in 2009 - both Rock and Roll sponsored - cool races... congrats on the (at least for me) good race time.

757dad 06-08-2013 11:24 PM

Yeah I did the Va Beach Rock and Roll 2 years ago and am doing it again this year. They are a good time with the music and all the people.
I was supposed to do my 1st full in March but developed ITBS about 6 weeks out and had to take 2 months off from running. Deferred that to this coming year.

CTDon 06-11-2013 08:43 PM

Sorry this is late, I've been away. Congrats on the finish and great time, 757.

I've done 2 full and 11 halfs, plus a warrior dash, Tough Mudder and a bunch of 5ks, trail runs, a sprint triathlon, etc. The last organized race I did was in '11, was training for a full marathon last spring but got sidelined by injury.

This past year in nursing school made me more 'beefy' than I'd like to be, so I signed up for another 1/2 marathon that is in September and may do another sprint tri in July. There is another trail race, a 5k and 5 miler this upcoming Sunday, but sadly I don't think I'm in any condition to tackle it. I've taken over half a year off of running and am just getting back into it, so I'm starting at ground level.

757dad 06-12-2013 02:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CTDon (Post 267073)
Sorry this is late, I've been away. Congrats on the finish and great time, 757.

I've done 2 full and 11 halfs, plus a warrior dash, Tough Mudder and a bunch of 5ks, trail runs, a sprint triathlon, etc. The last organized race I did was in '11, was training for a full marathon last spring but got sidelined by injury.

This past year in nursing school made me more 'beefy' than I'd like to be, so I signed up for another 1/2 marathon that is in September and may do another sprint tri in July. There is another trail race, a 5k and 5 miler this upcoming Sunday, but sadly I don't think I'm in any condition to tackle it. I've taken over half a year off of running and am just getting back into it, so I'm starting at ground level.

I've done 3 sprints before I had kids. I have a great bike hanging in the garage that I have not touched in a few years. If I am not back at work once the girls are in elementary school (in 1 years) I would love to take a shot at a half iron.

ThatDarnedDad 12-09-2013 12:58 AM

I'm with tt3. I do a couple 5k's each year. I had really slowed down when the weather turned colder. Have gone out the past two mornings running in sub 20 degree F with lake effect snow. It takes A LOT of motivation for me to put on those sneaks.

troy00690 12-18-2013 03:22 AM

I have been a serious runner for two years now. Three half's, many 10k, to many 5k's and a lit of mud runs and a tough mudder. Battling an injury right and it sucks. No running for a while. I have a Disney half marathon in Jan and need to be somewhat ok for it.

tt3 12-18-2013 05:10 AM

Hey, I was told the pain in my foot was hammer toe, how much fun is that?!? :(