Stay at Home Dads Forum

Stay at Home Dads Forum (http://www.dadstayshome.com/index.php)
-   DIY Dads (http://www.dadstayshome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Soooo...what did YOU do today? (http://www.dadstayshome.com/showthread.php?t=14162)

Kwak 02-28-2016 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tt3 (Post 287222)
I also scooped the winter poop today.

Me too. Not from the dog though.

Captain Tuttle 02-29-2016 12:03 AM

Our bathroom vent has a hose that goes through the attic and vents through the roof. About 5 years ago we had some recessed lighting installed and the electricians knocked the hose off. For about a month the shower vented into the attic, some mold developed. We got it tested and it's harmless but we're selling the house and our realtor suggested that we paint the attic. I spent the weekend painting the attic but we rented a sprayer and it was much easier, I'm never painting with a brush again.

But man am I sore

Mark B. 02-29-2016 11:23 AM

Yesterday, February 28th, I hit golf balls in a windbreaker!!

irie feeling 02-29-2016 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark B. (Post 287226)
Yesterday, February 28th, I jih golf balls in a windbreaker!!

Huh?

Mark B. 02-29-2016 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irie feeling (Post 287232)
Huh?

Fixed-"Hit"......

Sorry for the early Monday morning typo.

irie feeling 03-01-2016 12:23 AM

Had a cabinet door that wouldn't stay shut. $1 later and a magnet closure it was done.
Took the old microwave to the recycling sta.
pretty much did a 3 fold nature/ science presentation for Pippa by my self, for Wed. Co-op school.
Dealt with an appraiser.
All by 1400 hrs.
Need I continue?

gduck 03-02-2016 01:42 PM

I was up on our roof yesterday so a contractor could show me just how badly in need of replacement it is. Fortunately we knew it was old and had been putting some money aside for it. Apparently they'll cut us a break on price if I help with the work... Guess I know what I'll be doing this summer.

TwoCubs 03-02-2016 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gduck (Post 287258)
I was up on our roof yesterday so a contractor could show me just how badly in need of replacement it is. Fortunately we knew it was old and had been putting some money aside for it. Apparently they'll cut us a break on price if I help with the work... Guess I know what I'll be doing this summer.

This summer? Hopefully early summer. I've "helped" with a few summer roofing projects. Never again if I can help it. Maybe you can volunteer for waterboy or go-pher. Let us now how it goes, gduck.

irie feeling 03-02-2016 11:59 PM

I busted loose the screen on the the end of the kitchen faucet and got all the sand out of it and put it back on.
Whew!
Beer me.

Tomcat 03-03-2016 08:06 PM

you guys are doing well, kicking ass for sure.

Typed painfully slow with Tobii I 15 eye gaze