Stay at Home Dads Forum

Stay at Home Dads Forum (http://www.dadstayshome.com/index.php)
-   Dad Stories (http://www.dadstayshome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Funny bone (http://www.dadstayshome.com/showthread.php?t=14255)

irie feeling 05-07-2017 11:24 PM

Funny bone
 
7 yr old finds her funny bone for the first time and is freaked out by "the vibration" we all have gotten use to disliking over the years.
A minute later she wants to hit it again because "that was cool!"

gduck 05-11-2017 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irie feeling (Post 293204)
7 yr old finds her funny bone for the first time and is freaked out by "the vibration" we all have gotten use to disliking over the years.
A minute later she wants to hit it again because "that was cool!"

My kid just hit his for the first time a couple weeks ago. He hit it so hard it went numb briefly and he started crying and screaming "My arm is dead! My arm is dead!" Tried so hard not to laugh at his pain.

irie feeling 06-05-2017 03:18 PM

My kid watches this video blog of homeschoolers that travel the world doing fun stuff. Dad must have a really cool job.
Anyhow, the little boy, said, "holy ravioli!" And I haven't stopped giggling since.

irie feeling 06-08-2017 02:51 PM

My kid says "that song sounds like Tom and Jerry chasing each other!"
Song - Stars and Stripes Forever
Me, "you got a lot to learn, kiddo."

irie feeling 06-09-2017 02:04 PM

Every band aid in the house has a Disney character on it.

tt3 06-09-2017 05:32 PM

I know how that is, three girls...

irie feeling 06-11-2017 08:30 PM

Me and the kid are still amazed.
Target sells food!
What the...

TwoCubs 06-12-2017 11:21 AM

Just wait until you see a Dollar store with a market. It seems everyone is getting into the small, "neighborhood" market.

gduck 06-12-2017 12:17 PM

I see in some states they are talking about putting a small bar in some Target stores. Really just getting to the point I don't even want to go in to any store anymore.

irie feeling 06-13-2017 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gduck (Post 293657)
I see in some states they are talking about putting a small bar in some Target stores. Really just getting to the point I don't even want to go in to any store anymore.

Hah ha - back in Joisey the new grocery store/ food market place store had a bar in it!

irie feeling 07-14-2017 04:29 PM

I spent $100 on hummingbird feeder, hanger, attractor plants, and now I got a bully at the feeder that won't let anybody drink but herself. She waits in a nearby tree and dive bombs any other bird that comes by for a sip. It's hilarious!
Meanwhile, the nectar level has only moved an 1/8 of an inch in 3 days and now it's time toss and and clean the feeder. I'm only filling it 1/4 this time.

tt3 07-14-2017 04:37 PM

Hummingbirds are vicious little buggers! We've found bodies stabbed through under feeders at camp when I was a teen.

TwoCubs 07-15-2017 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tt3 (Post 293884)
Hummingbirds are vicious little buggers! We've found bodies stabbed through under feeders at camp when I was a teen.

Sweet!

gduck 07-17-2017 02:05 PM

Our feeder was a battleground the first couple years we had it. Now just the one bird returns every year. The ruby throated ones are really territorial. But I suppose after migrating 2000 miles you'd be pretty defensive of a good spot when you find one.

irie feeling 07-17-2017 02:21 PM

Gduck- you still feeding it regularly?

gduck 07-18-2017 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irie feeling (Post 293916)
Gduck- you still feeding it regularly?

I just have some cheap feeder I got at the grocery store years ago. I just fill it with water and sugar every week or so. The humming bird feeds a lot while I'm grilling. He's gotten used to be so it's kind of fun to watch him.

irie feeling 12-14-2017 09:59 PM

Princess Pippa, age 7, today asked me today as I was pulling out her re heated rice as s snack, "How does the Microwave work?"
You know, I started to explain it, but then I stopped.Telling myself, "relax, she's only 7.
She don't need to know about the mice and the light Sabres.

irie feeling 12-17-2017 01:58 PM

I just taught Pippa the "Lollipop song." Oops.

irie feeling 01-08-2018 05:52 PM

Spoiler alert:

I was just informed why Madagascar was named Madagascar.
Because everybody is mad.
Ahh... To be a 7 year old again...

PinkFrogDad 01-12-2018 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gduck (Post 293657)
I see in some states they are talking about putting a small bar in some Target stores. Really just getting to the point I don't even want to go in to any store anymore.

Hey a Bar in target might make the Target trips more enjoyable :icon_lol:

irie feeling 01-16-2018 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PinkFrogDad (Post 295593)
Hey a Bar in target might make the Target trips more enjoyable :icon_lol:

+1.

irie feeling 03-06-2018 02:52 AM

Kid insist we go to get a Happy meal. I'm not eating McDonaldd for dinner. No thanks. Mom gets her one in the drive thru. Kid admits she just wanted the new Peter Rabbit toy and can hardly wait.
Two blocks later she going nuts because they gave her a "Snoopy" toy.
Haha. Serves ya right. Can't sit down and eat at a restaurant like the rest of us.
Enjoy your Mcnugetts And greasy fries. And Apple juice.

irie feeling 03-19-2018 12:37 PM

My daughter was "Moses" at the one-day-a-week school play. She practiced all her lines.(only 1) "Let my people go" many times. But her acting was superb.
Had to pull her out because she was sick.
I wonder what they did. They were out of boys as you can see. Moses was a girl.

GamerDadOfFour 03-27-2018 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irie feeling (Post 295985)
Kid insist we go to get a Happy meal. I'm not eating McDonaldd for dinner. No thanks. Mom gets her one in the drive thru. Kid admits she just wanted the new Peter Rabbit toy and can hardly wait.
Two blocks later she going nuts because they gave her a "Snoopy" toy.
Haha. Serves ya right. Can't sit down and eat at a restaurant like the rest of us.
Enjoy your Mcnugetts And greasy fries. And Apple juice.

We completely avoid the whole toy thing with McDonalds. I know that ordering a happy meal is easier, but it's a lot cheaper to have a water bottle in the car and order a McDouble and apple slices for all the kids.

__________________________________________________

Dad jokes to help pass the day.

irie feeling 03-30-2018 02:13 PM

Me: Do you know where Peeps come from?
She: No. tell me.
Me: Bethlehem., you know, down by Allentown. Theres a big factory. They supply the half the planet.
She: Isn't that where Jesus is from?
Me: uh...yeah (don't wanna confuse her)


As far as she's concerned Pensylvania is where pencils come from.

irie feeling 04-19-2018 01:02 PM

Saw it on the news- Gregory Price was busted using a GLUE GUN to rob a tea shop in Brooklyn.
Talk about a stick up!
He said, "don't make me use this thing!"

GamerDadOfFour 04-21-2018 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irie feeling (Post 296391)
Saw it on the news- Gregory Price was busted using a GLUE GUN to rob a tea shop in Brooklyn.
Talk about a stick up!
He said, "don't make me use this thing!"

I figured you were joking about this at first and had to look it up. That's freaking hilarious.


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:45 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Dadstayshome.com