Stay at Home Dads Forum

Stay at Home Dads Forum (http://www.dadstayshome.com/index.php)
-   General Posts (http://www.dadstayshome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Whats it like in your Neighborhood. (Weather that is) (http://www.dadstayshome.com/showthread.php?t=1492)

countdown 03-09-2008 11:40 PM

We average between 50s and low 60s this season. Slight drizzling and heavy morning fog makes working at home seem so much more comfortable.

Mark B. 03-10-2008 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveH (Post 114431)
I believe our official figure yesterday ended up at 21 inches. drink:

Thankfully, I bought a new snowblower this fall -- that baby paid for itself this weekend alone. :pals:

What's a snowblower?

Mid 50's today. Me and Jr. were clearing some brush and branches in the back 40. The boy got to use the chainsaw today and proclaimed today to be "the best day of his life"!!

woodchuck 03-10-2008 04:09 AM

Chainsaw weather...nuff said.

cjbart 03-13-2008 09:51 PM

Upper 50's today with unlimited sunshine. About freakin' time.

Cubfan 03-13-2008 10:08 PM

Yup, just spent the last 3 hours outside!

bunky 03-13-2008 10:29 PM

:pals: Glad to hear you upper mid-westerners are starting to get good weather. Of course here in San Diego almost everyday is just beautiful and warm and when it does get cold here I laugh at the people all bundled up because it dropped down to 50 degrees..lol...which is like summer to you guys after a cold , cold winter.

I'm gonna soak it up as much as I can with wife going to get new "orders" sometime in the next month or so the Navy will probably send us to Great Lakes Illinois just to piss us off. Nothing against Illinois, its just that we're so use to living in warm climates. The coldest area we've lived in since being married (2002) was the Norfolk/Virginia Beach area and there winters are quite mild compared to Illinois. I grew up in Wash DC area and don't miss the cold weather at ALL. chugchug:

woodchuck 03-14-2008 04:34 AM

Two very nice days, today the wind was more tolerable, SE, just because of orientation, but it was almost too warm for much beyond walking.

Maybe 48*F, kinda squishy everywhere.

woodchuck 03-20-2008 02:00 PM

Going to be a great day to be outside today, and we have to make the most of it, 4-6" of snow on the way for tomorrow, and with a warm week coming, it'll be messy again for a while.
The Easter bunny is supposed to be white, not the whole bloody landscape.

MonsterStar 03-31-2008 06:15 PM

It looks like we will be in are "tornado shelter" before the day is over.
So far it has missed us, but it's coming for ME now......crap.

madmax61107 03-31-2008 11:23 PM

You guys ever heard of graupel? Little puff balls of snow. I never saw it in Tenn or Virginia. It looks like little balls of styrofoam. Whatever it is, it's doing like crazy right now in CO. Weird stuff.