Stay at Home Dads Forum

Stay at Home Dads Forum (http://www.dadstayshome.com/index.php)
-   Book Club (http://www.dadstayshome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Today I read: The book thread (http://www.dadstayshome.com/showthread.php?t=4483)

Hockeyfan 09-18-2012 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark B. (Post 255269)
HF, if your wife says she has not heard aboot the books she is probably a liar. :icon_smile: It is all the rage among the ladies, and from what I have heard many men. I will pass. I would be willing to put money on it that she has read 1 or more ot the bokks already. Gotta fill some of that spare time at night in VA.

She don't have spare time. Not a minute. She has not heard of thm. So she says. Don't know why she would lie about it.

tt3 09-18-2012 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firedad177 (Post 256306)
My wife read all three books in a matter of weeks....now we arevexpecting kID #2.

Welcome to the board, man, and congrats!

Mark B. 09-18-2012 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firedad177 (Post 256306)
My wife read all three books in a matter of weeks....now we arevexpecting kID #2.

Welcome aboard the board. Nice first post!

Mark B. 09-18-2012 02:16 PM

I should start a "Today I Lost a Book" thread. I lost a book from the library I was reading. Looks like I will be making a donation to the local public library very soon.

CTDon 09-18-2012 08:42 PM

You were reading the library?

:eusa_think: :wave:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark B. (Post 256317)
I should start a "Today I Lost a Book" thread. I lost a book from the library I was reading. Looks like I will be making a donation to the local public library very soon.

Hockeyfan 09-18-2012 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CTDon (Post 256328)
You were reading the library?

:eusa_think: :wave:

Hahahahahaha. Judging by his post he needs to continue his reading of the library.

cjbart 09-21-2012 11:56 AM

"Ready Player One" by Ernest Cline. A really fun read and hard to put down, I highly recommend it for all you gamers out there. Especially if you remember the 80s.

Mark B. 10-02-2012 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark B. (Post 256317)

Good things keep happening to good people! I went to pay for the book that I lost yesterday. Turns out one of my neighbors in town must have found it and returned it to the library. Thank you whoever you are!!

gduck 10-02-2012 04:18 PM

Finished reading "The 64$ Tomato" the other day. Really great book. Can't remember if it was this forum or another where I saw it reccomended, but it was a fun read.

It's written by a guy who wanted to have his own organic home garden and how everything goes wrong and how, in order to have any crops, has to deviate from his own gardening morals. I don't garden at all but found this book to be funny, informative, and despite everything it almost makes me want to grow something (other than the hops I grow now).

Quick, easy to read chapters made it perfect for reading whenever the little guy gave me a bit of downtime.

Mark B. 10-15-2012 03:05 PM

Kinda just finished "I Know Who You Are and I know What You Did" by Lori Andrews. It is a book about the death of privacy due to social networks today. I had no idea how big a business Data Aggregation on the web is today. The use of this information by HR Dept's. and other industries is mind blowing to me. And there is really nothing we can do to stop it aside from not using your computer. All the current rules are skewed to the Aggregates and not Joe Public. After about 100 pages of the roughly 200 I bagged it because it just seemed to go on and on with examples of how this privacy invasion can hurt people. Total dry overkill. It did teach me about this site that is widely used to look into just about anybody. I had some fun with it. Maybe you will too.

http://www.spokeo.com/