Stay at Home Dads Forum

Stay at Home Dads Forum (http://www.dadstayshome.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Dads (http://www.dadstayshome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Philadelphia dads (http://www.dadstayshome.com/showthread.php?t=6913)

Captain Tuttle 01-14-2008 11:40 PM

Philadelphia dads

Let's finally get a head count...maybe we could put something together.

I'm in Wayne PA, about 15 miles west of the city.

Bollux 01-14-2008 11:42 PM

i'm down you know that.. Southampton 'ere

always willing to do whatever... have memberships to zoo, camden aquarium sesame place.....

chuck 01-15-2008 03:26 AM

Hey how about a get together at the Camden Aquarium? Say on presidents day (Monday February 18th) My wife will be working being it's not a "real" holiday but the kid will be out of school. it's a easy to get to place for us Jersey guy's and you Penn. guy's, even pretty easy for you guy's up and down the cost (to a point ;) ) a fun day! Battleship is right there as well and Phili. is only a quick jump over the river. (ummm cheese steak! )
What do you all think??

jeffus 01-15-2008 03:52 AM

As the wife is from Philly, we frequent the place quite often. (Philadelphia, that is).

Captain Tuttle 01-15-2008 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chuck (Post 105570)
Hey how about a get together at the Camden Aquarium? Say on presidents day (Monday February 18th) My wife will be working being it's not a "real" holiday but the kid will be out of school. it's a easy to get to place for us Jersey guy's and you Penn. guy's, even pretty easy for you guy's up and down the cost (to a point ;) ) a fun day! Battleship is right there as well and Phili. is only a quick jump over the river. (ummm cheese steak! )
What do you all think??

That's a great idea Chuck. My wife has off so she could stay at home with the little one or come with us if the little girl was up to it. Let me talk to her.

Captain Tuttle 01-15-2008 12:40 PM

Hey, we're in. The wife is going to stay home with the baby that day.

jeffus 01-16-2008 02:52 AM

I'm guessing we have off from school too and would love to join your glorious outing...

I've been to the fish farm, ur I mean aquarium, 3 times and that battleship is literally out the back door of the place. Oh look! A penquin!..How cute! Argh!:wall: .

I built the plastic model ship as a kid, got the wall poster, watched it be mothballed, retro-fitted and put back into service, lobbied for it to become a museum instead of scrap. Bought new posters and shared them with my nephew. And it's right outside the freaking fish-farm, I mean aquarium! bouncer

You guys can look at the fish, I'll be over at the battleship! Ugh-ugh-ugh!

Bollux 01-16-2008 03:02 AM

this coming from a scuba diver... i am thinking the kids prefer the fish the dads prefer the ship.

jeffus 01-16-2008 03:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bollux (Post 105817)
this coming from a scuba diver... i am thinking the kids prefer the fish the dads prefer the ship.

I love fish. I have them over for dinner sometimes. =P~

Fish are food. Not Friends! ;)

Bollux 01-16-2008 05:10 AM

lol ok there marlin