Stay at Home Dads Forum

Stay at Home Dads Forum (http://www.dadstayshome.com/index.php)
-   General Posts (http://www.dadstayshome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   The park bench.... (http://www.dadstayshome.com/showthread.php?t=7647)

woodchuck 04-15-2008 08:55 AM

Riggs, that is funny, the treeguy I have worked with, he is a fireman, and he did buy a 100' ladder truck to start things off with, he still has it, and won't hesitate to use it either. I was along on a couple jobs he used it on, he had another retired fireman operating the controls. It was novel to be sure.
--
My daughter, she's pooping in her pants on purpose, for attention, might have been the same pattern in preschool, so tomorrow(today), I'm going to be more attentive to her, make sure I 'fill her cup' early in the day, and also enourage regular potty breaks. I know most of her body language already, when she's going to do it, but this is a habit that needs to be corrected, soon.

The coons are active, woke up to what sounded like one on the house again, checked it out, and there was one scurrying up a nearby tree, now maybe I can get back to sleep.

tt3 04-15-2008 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by woodchuck (Post 118066)
The coons are active, woke up to what sounded like one on the house again, checked it out, and there was one scurrying up a nearby tree, now maybe I can get back to sleep.

I'm guessing it won't be scurrying up any more trees, right?
;)

woodchuck 04-15-2008 02:38 PM

What a night, was asleep/awake from 230-5, and just got up here at 9am, thanks kids for being great.

I was hunting with a spotlight last night.

jeffb 04-16-2008 10:16 AM

Wife came home early yesterday and we got everything planted. Hopefully the asparagus will work....We can enjoy some in three years....

I hate poison ivy. Can't stand it. Always get it no matter what I do. Gloves or no gloves, take a shower as soon as I come in, use Zanfel to help remove it.

This yard has it everywhere. We tried to spray it but that did little to help kill it.

On another note, I found a tick on my oldest yesterday. It looks like it might have been a deer tick. We're watching the mark closely to see.

chuck 04-16-2008 11:12 AM

I was chatting with a friend in Netherlands last night, get this the price of gas there $9.10 A GALLON! And we complain about $3!

CTDon 04-16-2008 12:07 PM

Not to jinx it, but man, the potty training with Ian is going really well.

Yesterday late afternoon was the best sign yet. He sits on his little potty to pee (he stands at the normal potty, or if we're outside) and as he's pulling his underwear and pants back up he says out loud (to himself) "I have to poop too". He then sits down and releases the mother-load.

The last few days he is going to pee on his own, without prompting or saying anything.

I'm not saying we're out of the woods, or that I'll stop carrying around 3 extra changes of clothes when we go out, but this is nice!

woodchuck 04-16-2008 12:25 PM

Jeff I'm waiting to see my asparagus breakground yet, it should have. I've little to offer on the ivy, none here.

Sounds good Don.

Last night I oiled the hinges on the wifes door, since it was creaking when she went to work and subsequently stirred our daughter, so far, quiet house.

The wind around here yesterday and today, ufdah, I thought the house was going to fall over, creaks and groans like I've never heard before.

A while back the wife prompted me to get a coffee grinder, nothing high brow, but to open my options for when she is shopping. Okay, so its a Mr.Coffee little thing, and I think I hitting the button twice may be too fine, it resembles cocoa powder, but the coffee is much more mild than the usual grounds in the can. So, coffee magii, what should I be doing?

Cubfan 04-16-2008 12:37 PM

well, my coffee grinder I have to continually hold it down until I get it to my liking, so I dont know how you make adjustments to yours. But if you're saying it's ground really fine but still mild, then you simply have mildly roasted beans.

troy00690 04-16-2008 04:09 PM

The inlaws got me a coffee grinder a few years back. It has different settings on it for what kind of coffee maker you have and how many cups you are brewing. It is nice. It also came with a pound of free coffee.

tt3 04-16-2008 04:46 PM

I've got a $12 one that I hold down until it sounds right. Most beans if you grind them too much they get really bitter.