Stay at Home Dads Forum

Stay at Home Dads Forum (http://www.dadstayshome.com/index.php)
-   General Posts (http://www.dadstayshome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   The park bench.... (http://www.dadstayshome.com/showthread.php?t=7647)

feedthemachine 07-30-2013 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by woodchuck (Post 268476)
Four stroke weed wacker that also uses a saw blade is in the near future.

Nature has been pushing back the last couple years.

Now that sounds like a BA machine !

Tomcat 07-31-2013 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwoCubs (Post 267497)
Have you ever had your kid scream so much, that it actually made you nauseous? Happened to me earlier. I think I'll go hit-up the alka seltzer and some yogurt.

I hate teething.

I do Led zeppelin and Bose headphones.

TwoCubs 08-05-2013 01:59 PM

Ah puke. The little man is sick. Not sure with what. Just called the Doc and got an appt. in a couple hours. Light fever and puke. Fun. We're having a little bit of trouble keeping the Tylenol in him, so off to the Doc. I think he's cutting teeth. Sissy has her first two teeth from almost two months ago, but he's yet to present his. He's been drooling like a mastiff for the past week, so I think it's the teeth. I've read that the teeth coming-in can cause moderate fevers (it did with my brother's daughter. It cost him an uninsured $3000+ trip to the ER. That's what a crappy Pediatrician is worth and not having your kid enrolled in the state Medicaid program). The excessive mucus can also cause nausea.

Or it could be a bug. We'll see. My money is on teething.

Kwak 08-05-2013 02:28 PM

Yup. That's about right. You got a teething ring or something in the freezer for him to nosh on?

Mark B. 08-05-2013 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwoCubs (Post 268599)
Ah puke. The little man is sick. Not sure with what. Just called the Doc and got an appt. in a couple hours. Light fever and puke. Fun. We're having a little bit of trouble keeping the Tylenol in him, so off to the Doc. I think he's cutting teeth. Sissy has her first two teeth from almost two months ago, but he's yet to present his. He's been drooling like a mastiff for the past week, so I think it's the teeth. I've read that the teeth coming-in can cause moderate fevers (it did with my brother's daughter. It cost him an uninsured $3000+ trip to the ER. That's what a crappy Pediatrician is worth and not having your kid enrolled in the state Medicaid program). The excessive mucus can also cause nausea.

Or it could be a bug. We'll see. My money is on teething.

Agree. Do the diapers smell very acidy and look like used tea bags? Very heavy with nothing in them? That was my kid's teething calling card. Hang in there.

TwoCubs 08-05-2013 04:02 PM

Thanks guys. Wife just left to take him to the doc to be sure. First kids anxiety and all. Oh well, hopefully we'll be clear of this soon.

Thanks again. Affirmation is always nice.

woodchuck 08-06-2013 01:15 AM

623 bales of hay is a lot of dang grass man. 60-80 pounds each.

From the ground to the constantly moving wagon, stack on the wagon, made for a long evening but three days of rain was in the forecast so it had to get done. Thankfully it was much cooler than a typical August day.

Transferring from wagons to barn will come soon. UGH. Then again for one more cutting this autumn.

Feels good to help someone though and the beer afterwards is free but only feel like gatorade instead. and a jacuzzi, and a spa, and a massage, and an etc....

tt3 08-06-2013 02:01 AM

Take care of yourself in this heat, Woodie.

CTDon 08-06-2013 12:25 PM

Woody's in heat? Yeah, make sure you take care of that! :bounce:

cjbart 08-07-2013 02:34 AM

Just got home from a family camping trip in the Black Hills of SD with my Cousin and her family. Only rained at night (and only three nights out of four), but it rained hard.
I've slept out in a tent during many a thunderstorm, but this time I was a little nervous. Fortunately, the hail was only about the size of dimes.