Stay at Home Dads Forum

Stay at Home Dads Forum (http://www.dadstayshome.com/index.php)
-   Xbox/Wii/PC (http://www.dadstayshome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   General gaming banter (http://www.dadstayshome.com/showthread.php?t=7953)

Captain Tuttle 06-07-2008 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthDaddy (Post 123302)
Dawn of War II coming...

Yeah Baby!!!

Indeed! I think I'm more pumped for this than I am for Starcraft 2. They didn't fiddle too much with Starcraft 2...I don't think they wanted to piss off the Koreans. I think it's more of the same in a prettier wrapper.

Bollux 07-07-2008 11:40 PM

downloaded a copy of mass effect, started playign last night. my only gripe is the pc camera control is bonkers. unless i hold a mousebutton down the camera just wildly skips everywhere.

stretch 07-07-2008 11:44 PM

Got a copy of the Orange Box for my PS3. Gotta be among the best gaming values ever. Played a little Portal, which is a gas, then buckled down to getting through Half-Life 2. Still have the Episode 1&2 add-ons to come. Sweet!

Captain Tuttle 07-08-2008 10:14 AM

That's weird Bollux, maybe you can change something in settings.
Stretch, Orange Box is great. Did you notice any hiccups along the way? Valve hired EA to port that game over to the PS3 and apparently there were problems. Valve isn't a big fan of the PS3. I guess your update to 2.4 went smoothly as well.

Edit: 2.41 as of today.

Kwak 07-08-2008 01:01 PM

I don't know if this is OT or not, but I FINALLY got the laptop's video card working again. On the gaming side of things that doesn't mean anything new; I'm just reinstalling my old games (Star Wars KOTOR) and now I'm back to missing a lot of sleep again. I can't decide whether to be happy or concerned.

:dumb:

Captain Tuttle 07-08-2008 01:08 PM

KOTOR was one of my favorite games on the Xbox. KOTOR 2 was great but terribly rushed and unfinished. If you get it for your laptop check out this site
Team-Gizka
They've taken it upon themselves to sort through a bunch of code that contained unfinished quests in the game and are working on filling it out.

stretch 07-08-2008 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Will'sdad (Post 126825)
That's weird Bollux, maybe you can change something in settings.
Stretch, Orange Box is great. Did you notice any hiccups along the way? Valve hired EA to port that game over to the PS3 and apparently there were problems. Valve isn't a big fan of the PS3. I guess your update to 2.4 went smoothly as well.

Edit: 2.41 as of today.

I'd heard about frame rate issues etc. but haven't noticed any so far. Held off on the update after the reports of brickings. I'll wait and see how stable the new version is.

Bollux 07-08-2008 08:55 PM

figured it out, the guitar from gh3 was acting like a controller causing the mouse movements to be magnified. go figure.

Kwak 07-08-2008 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Will'sdad (Post 126840)
KOTOR was one of my favorite games on the Xbox. KOTOR 2 was great but terribly rushed and unfinished. If you get it for your laptop check out this site
Team-Gizka
They've taken it upon themselves to sort through a bunch of code that contained unfinished quests in the game and are working on filling it out.

Yeah, I've had both for a couple of years now and know all about Team-Giska's work to "clean up" that mess that's KOTOR2. Like you said: great but unfinished and the teasers that Team-Gizka has put up on Youtube really do help flesh out the story. I don't know how to get on their beta team to "test" it but I'd be curious to see how it's actually coming along; it's been a few years' work for them.

I'd also like to see if there's a KOTOR3 in the works. In the meantime there's a really great SW game that looks awesome but will probably be a later/stripped-down PC version.

Captain Tuttle 07-08-2008 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kwak (Post 126906)
I'd also like to see if there's a KOTOR3 in the works. In the meantime there's a really great SW game that looks awesome but will probably be a later/stripped-down PC version.

Well, there's rumors floating around that KOTOR3 will be announced next week at E3. Who knows. LucasArts has been working on The Force Unleashed. Looks good but I think I actually like the KOTOR timeline better.