View Single Post
Old 01-14-2011, 11:32 PM
Daddy

Default Gain and lose at the same time?

OK, so the basic deal is, if someone just knew my height and weight, he'd think I was right where I should be. However, nothing's where it should be. I have a gut, but I have some twigs for arms and legs.

I don't currently have it in the budget to join a gym, but I'm at a point where I just hate looking in the mirror.

Is it possible to gain and lose at the same time, or do I have to work on one and then start on the other when I'm done? Should I do more cardio than strength training until the gut's gone, or more strength until I have the muscle I want? Or do I just do a fair amount of both?

I don't want to have some of the health problems associated with a gut, but I also tend to get sick a lot if I drop below 160. I do have some wiggle room right now at 173, but I think it's all in my gut. As far as tools at my disposal, I have a pull up bar, dumbbells, resistance bands, and a medicine ball. I'm mildly active now from chasing after the kids, but I really need to step it up. Any ideas?

King of a blended family - Three girls (23, 23, 20), three boys (19, 8, 6) and four angels who didn't make it ^i^ ^i^ ^i^ ^i^