View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 02:00 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Default This section seems dead, does it need a revival?

If so maybe I should try and be constructive about it, huh? I'm getting sick of complaining and you guys are probably tired of it too.

Anyway, for the past few years I've been packing on the pounds. Right now I'm around 205 and wearing a size 38 waist. I'm not sleeping as much as I should - though part of the reason is the midnight wakings - and I'm having LOTS of aches and pains, mostly in my feet and ankles. Mentally, I could concentrating better and my memory is shot - again probably because of the sleep deprivation. Regardless, the motivation to exercise or eat right is at an all-time low.

As you know, lately a relative has challenged me to put my autistic son on a special restrictive diet. Though I've talked it up here I'm loathe to do it but now I'm thinking that maybe I need to go on it - and exercise more too. Maybe that will get back some of that mojo.

So the plan for now is to cut back on the sweets, cook more (where I can control ingredients though I'll have to be diligent about reducing portions) and go to the gym 2-3X a week and actually use the membership.