View Single Post
Old 12-11-2017, 05:43 PM
Diaper Jockey

Like a lot of kids in the 80s and 90s I collected baseball cards. I looked through my cards last year and as far as I can tell I quit collecting in 1994, about the time I entered high school. As a kid I had a card store about a block and a half from my house. Every so often my dad, who passed away almost 20 years ago, would give me a dollar and tell me I could go up to the store. A dollar could get you a pack of cards and a candy bar in those days. Good childhood memories!

Anyway, I had to go to Shopko this morning (that's like a Walmart for those who don't know) to pick up my son's prescription and a few odds and ends. Walked by a center island of sports and collector cards. My 2 year old asked, "What's that?" So after not having bought a pack of baseball cards in 24 years I grabbed a pack. Got home and opened them up and the first card in the pack is a Robin Yount throwback card. Robin Yount being my all time favorite player and childhood sports hero.

Now that is one hell of a coincidence! Or maybe not? In any event, it's pretty weird. Made me smile, chuckle, and brought a tear to my eye remembering coming home from the store showing my dad the cards I got.

Here's the picture!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/exxhHZQ6XtZvQF3j1

"Ninety feet between bases is the nearest thing to perfection that man has yet achieved."

Red Smith

Last edited by GBDad; 12-11-2017 at 05:59 PM.