Stay at Home Daddad stays home Stay at home Dad Books Available at Amazon

Fishing Gear

Go Back   Stay at Home Dads Forum > Playgroups > Local Dad Chat - Meet Ups > Indianapolis Dads
Register FAQ VB Image Host More Stuff Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-19-2008, 05:35 PM
Twin Hearder

Default Official Group?

So there rely is not an official Indianapolis stay at home dads' group? I am a first time dad + father of twins + new to staying at home with kids... The two local twins groups have a meeting that is a "mom's night out," described as a night to have dad stay out with the kids and get to do some girlie stuff... You know in high school that may have sounded alluring in a dear penthouse sort of way, but I think I know better now.

So If we can get a group of 5-10 of us together, maybe we could find a way to preserve our last little bit of sanity? Personally my holy grail would be another dad, who has some woodworking tools, and on a rely good day is almost as clueless about sports as I am :-) (I am stuck in an apartment right now, with no space for more tools, and tons of time where I am "on call" to my girls needs... I pine for a day when I can have a video monitor and I can build things, while dinner is simmering away in the crockpot)
Old 03-19-2008, 07:48 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Mr. Sao, paging Mr. Sao, please answer your page Mr.Sao.LOLOL

Welcome, aapezzuto.

Old 03-19-2008, 08:07 PM
Always Irritated

Mr. Sao is unavailable right now, this is a recording, please leave your message after the beep, beeeep :D hey I own woodworking tools and I'm totally uninterested in sports, do I qualify :D Welcome aapezuto, there are several of us around Indy, it seems most of us around Indy though are seriously introverted as we have yet to get together. I'm all for a night out of drinking though chugchug:
Old 03-19-2008, 08:27 PM
"Not Willsdad"

You guys are in Colts Country and don't like sports? Yikes. I guess you are outcasts at the playground! Tools are good though. I'll give partial "man card" points out for that. Can never have too many tools. Heck, I've got so many tools that some I have no idea how to use! Won't sell them for the world though. A million bucks...maybe.

(someguy) "I'd absolutely recommend teabags."(someguy)

I AM a Southern-fried Maple Leaf.
Old 03-20-2008, 03:37 AM
Trophy Husband

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodchuck View Post
Mr. Sao, paging Mr. Sao, please answer your page Mr.Sao.LOLOL

Welcome, aapezzuto.
Classic Woody!
Old 03-21-2008, 12:24 AM
Twin Hearder

Quote:
Originally Posted by sao95 View Post
hey I own woodworking tools and I'm totally uninterested in sports, do I qualify :D Welcome aapezuto, there are several of us around Indy, it seems most of us around Indy though are seriously introverted as we have yet to get together. I'm all for a night out of drinking though chugchug:
Man am I glad I took the time to register and post then. I live in a "cute" 2 bedroom apartment... the breakfast nook has been fenced off to become a play pin, and the twins crib hides beside the their little fortified play area. The second bedroom is an office, and it's "walk in" closet of 4'x4' is currently holding the few tools I have room for, and whatever storage boxes wont fit under our bed.

I'm dieing to make something with my hands, and have another adult to talk to. The twins are great, but their conversational skills leave much to be desired, as of yet they don't even have the range of expression of a well trained dog. Ever since I got out of college and away from the metal shop I have been dieing to try some woodworking. I realized pretty quick that my wife will have to be several years out of medical school before I can afford metal tools, much less the metal to use them on. Maybe I can make a manly trade of baked goods for time playing with your tools and some pleasant conversation?

(AHHH why wont it display... oh well click the freekin' link)
as far as manly cred... I made this after less than 2 months of baby dish duty... I don't have to like watching other guys being manly to be manly... Ill stick with the primal, tools and fire!
Old 03-21-2008, 03:47 AM
Always Irritated

good luck getting into my garage and using the tools, I've been working on the house and the garage teeters between "can't walk through it" to "it took me 30 minutes to clear enough room to use the table saw" #-o I'm hoping one day I'll be able to build something, or finish something I already started, that would make the wife happy