Stay at Home Daddad stays home Stay at home Dad Books Available at Amazon

Paracord Bracelets. Made in the USA!

Go Back   Stay at Home Dads Forum > Playgroups > Local Dad Chat - Meet Ups
Register FAQ VB Image Host More Stuff Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-10-2008, 02:09 PM
Daddy_Higgins

Default Columbia, MIssouri

Hello all, I was wondering if there was anyone out there that lives close by Columbia Missouri. We have some really good walking trail and parks for the kids here. Im looking to meet up with some new people.
Old 06-10-2008, 02:58 PM
ArchersDad

What's up? You probably already saw my post in your intro thread.
We are a couple blocks from the Green Meadows / Forum interchange. I've been looking around for other local SAHDs since my boy was born last November but havn't had much luck until now. I know there are more of us out there, I just need to keep my eyes open. We really love Columbia. I used to bike about 30 miles every morning but now I value my (limited) sleep too much to get up that early. I can't wait for Archer to get big enough to ride in his bike trailer. I just picked up a carrier backpack for him and it has been pretty great. I didn't realize how much I missed the MKT until I started taking walks again.
Old 06-10-2008, 03:22 PM
Daddy_Higgins

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchersDad View Post
What's up? You probably already saw my post in your intro thread.
We are a couple blocks from the Green Meadows / Forum interchange. I've been looking around for other local SAHDs since my boy was born last November but havn't had much luck until now. I know there are more of us out there, I just need to keep my eyes open. We really love Columbia. I used to bike about 30 miles every morning but now I value my (limited) sleep too much to get up that early. I can't wait for Archer to get big enough to ride in his bike trailer. I just picked up a carrier backpack for him and it has been pretty great. I didn't realize how much I missed the MKT until I started taking walks again.

I love to get out on the katy trail, I've thought about renting a trailer from Walts and putting John's car seat and base in there and securing it down, but I dont think that would be very safe. We should get together some time and do some walkin. Will do lots of good for me to get to know some new people.
Old 05-21-2009, 04:35 AM
OOWB

Default New to the area.

Hi,

I'm new to the area and looking to meet some other stay at home dads in the area. If you are looking for a third (+ 3yr. old), let me know. Just put my son back in the bike trailer for the first time in ~ a year, and he loved it (last time was a disaster!).

Let me know if you are interested.