Stay at Home Daddad stays home Stay at home Dad Books Available at Amazon

Go Back   Stay at Home Dads Forum > Other Stuff > Weight Loss
Register FAQ VB Image Host More Stuff Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-11-2009, 07:59 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Default P90x - my experience

Figured I should start something separate from tt's thread, so here goes...

I thought I'd keep updating this as I go along (for my own tracking purposes as well as anyone else who's interested).

Going back to the beginning of the program:

Week 1:

May 18th: Chest & Back - not too bad, but I suck at pull-ups. Fortunately, they give a good suggestion about using the back of a chair for support.

May 19th: Plyometrics - Basically, an aerobic workout with a lot of jumping type exercises. Pretty rough, but actually a lot of fun once I got going.

May 20th: Shoulders & Arms - good workout, but I'm getting the hang of the weight bands we bought (figuring they'd be cheaper than a set of dumbbells). I realize that I really need to be writing crap down (like they say from Day 1 )

May 21nd: Yoga - Ugh, this one sucks. Quit about 45 minutes into the 90 minute workout.

May 22nd: Legs & Back - Good workout. The only interesting part was chatting with my 4 year old's friend in the middle of the workout and they were playing in the basement while I was working out.

May 23rd: Kenpo X - Cool workout -- a karate-type cardio routine. Did end up quitting a little short of the full 60 minute workout as I got dizzy.

May 24th: Rest day -- woohoo!!

Week 2:

May 25th: Chest & Back - Better than the week before. Started writing things down so I can now see for sure whether or not I'm improving on reps and all that. Added the Ab Ripper X for the first time (additional 16 minutes, although I only lasted 10).

May 26th: Plyometrics - Quit about 45 minutes into the workout because I felt dizzy. Plus, started pretty late as it was Memorial Day.

May 27th: Shoulders & Arms - think I figured out the best bands to use for each of these exercises. Made it the whole 16 minutes of Ab Ripper X -- it still sucks.

May 28th: Yoga - Made it an hour this time. Bailed as soon as they started doing some really goofy stuff like handstand-type things.

May 29rd: Legs & Back - I think this one's my favorite weight workout. Skipped Ab Ripper X.

May 30th: Kenpo X - Good workout once again.

May 31st: Rest day -- woohoo!!

I'll add Week 3 and the last few days later tonight.
Old 06-11-2009, 08:19 PM
"Not Willsdad"

Oh baby. Post pics please.

The girl I know posted some on facebook and she had before and after. She looked great. It really did work for her.

(someguy) "I'd absolutely recommend teabags."(someguy)

I AM a Southern-fried Maple Leaf.
Old 06-13-2009, 12:50 AM
Moe Szyslak

Doing the Abripper, too? That thing is freaking killer. I've done all of the moves in real time ONCE after another workout.

Yoga does suck.I'll usually do the stretch or cardio instead.

I haven't been religious with it, since the weather is so nice now, I've been running and bike riding more.
Old 06-15-2009, 06:36 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe Szyslak View Post
Doing the Abripper, too? That thing is freaking killer. I've done all of the moves in real time ONCE after another workout.
I've done it three or four times. I saw a tip somewhere that you should not try to do it right after the other workout for the day, but either beforehand or sometime earlier in the day. I was actually heading down to the basement in a couple minutes to do it and then do the other workout once the kids are in bed tonight.
Old 06-19-2009, 09:46 PM
DiaperDutyDad

I only tried it 2 times.. but I do like it. I almost die when I tried to catch up with the movements at first..lol my thighs were sore and the next day I couldn't move lol.. It was fun thoo..
Old 07-28-2009, 01:38 AM
rxis

I had my first day yesterday. I'm so sore I can't give myself a hug.
I totally forgot about the Ab Ripper X. Although I hear the diet is even better than the exercise program, I'm not actually following the diet

I gotta get off this board and study for my final of I'll never get to day 2.
Old 07-28-2009, 01:55 PM
Super Duper Daddy

I took one look at the diet and said, "Hell no!!!"

I lost a week or two along the way, with vacation and just general busyness, so I started Week 8 last night. Yoga -- I hate it.
Old 07-28-2009, 02:37 PM
"Not Willsdad"

I'm almost glad the wife didn't get it for us. Not sure I could do the stuff, although the results would be sweet. She got us some other 6 weeks to perfection or some dumb as diet and exercise DVD thing. Hopefully she can hot it up with this.

(someguy) "I'd absolutely recommend teabags."(someguy)

I AM a Southern-fried Maple Leaf.
Old 09-01-2009, 09:26 AM
rmart29

I've heard different reviews on the whole P90X deal, but the general say Tony is kindof a cheezeball. I remember I tried his ab workout in the origional Power 90 dvd's and the next day I was so sore that called in sick cuz I couldn't get out of bed...