Stay at Home Daddad stays home Stay at home Dad Books Available at Amazon

Fishing Gear

Go Back   Stay at Home Dads Forum > Other Stuff > Recipes
Register FAQ VB Image Host More Stuff Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2010, 11:05 AM
Talking My mom's Carne Asada recipe

I was born and raised in a Mexican family in southern California. I asked my mom a couple years ago how she made her carne asada (Carne asada is a roasted beef dish, literally meaning "roasted meat)

I usually buy thinly sliced beef or if you want to do it real BALLER like, new york thin sliced steaks. this also tastes good with steaks. id cut the meat to about 6 inches long and about 3 inches wide. if you dice it, you can put the meat in a taco with some im getting hungry just typing this lol.

You'll need:
Garlic salt (a couple good shakes, not too much)
Soy sauce (about half a cup)
Lemon or limes (squeeze 2 lemons or limes.)
1 can of beer of your choice (1 can of beer for each package of meat you buy)
pepper (couple good shakes, not too much)

you put the one can or bottle of beer in a bowl. then you mix in the remaining ingredients. I dont measure the amounts. but i tried to give you an idea of how much to put in. If you feel you put too much or not enough, your probably right. then you put the beef slices in and let them marinate for about an hour. you can do it for less time but ive always noticed that when the meat isnt marinated long enough, it doesnt taste as good. i put all the meat in the same bowl and move them around every so often. i also like to use a fork and puncture holes in the meat so that it soaks in the marinate better.
once you marinated then you can either put them on the BBQ grill or on a griddle or even a flat pan on the stove. i personally like to use the BBQ grill because it gives the meat a nice smokey taste. ESPECIALLY if you use the wood chips that you soak in water. cook the meat however you like, rare or well done...your choice. there u go. good luck!

PS. this is safe to feed to your kids and family. the beer is just to give it flavor and the alcohol is evaporated once it is cooked.
Old 02-22-2010, 11:45 AM

Sounds tasty. I'll have to give it a shot.
Old 02-22-2010, 12:39 PM
Super Duper Daddy
Send a message via AIM to Captain Tuttle Send a message via Yahoo to Captain Tuttle Send a message via Skype™ to Captain Tuttle

Old 02-22-2010, 06:06 PM
Will work for IPA

You sure that's not Carne Gringo?

Just kidding man, but I'd have to add some Chile to those ingredients for it to be Carne Asada to me.

Sounds yummy though.
"I've seen a look in dogs' eyes, a quickly vanishing look of amazed contempt, and I am convinced that basically dogs think humans are nuts."
—John Steinbeck

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy"
—Benjamin Franklin