Stay at Home Daddad stays home Stay at home Dad Books Available at Amazon

Go Back   Stay at Home Dads Forum > Other Stuff > Recipes
Register FAQ VB Image Host More Stuff Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-29-2010, 07:17 PM
Very fortunate

Default Not a recipe,but easy dinner.

Ever get one of those Purdue,whole chickens in a bag.Its something we all eat,even my picky princess.I'm heating leftovers right now..
Old 05-29-2010, 07:40 PM
Cleaner upper

Sometimes I pick up a rotisserie chicken from the market for $4-5; enough for some sandwich leftovers the next day too!
Old 05-29-2010, 07:48 PM
Mogwai not for sale.

I'll do the rotisserie once in awhile also and love the sandwich made of leftovers.

Another really easy meal my kid loves is cut corn. Just heat up with some butter and garlic and whatever else and it is good to go. Takes 5 minutes.
Old 05-29-2010, 08:08 PM
Very fortunate

The thing i kept having a problem with the rotisserie's is finding one fresh.They would all be out for hours.The purdue is a whole raw chicken sealed in an oven bag with seasoning.Takes about an hour and 45 minutes,and is nice and moist
Old 05-29-2010, 08:21 PM
It's beer:30!

Quote:
Originally Posted by feedthemachine View Post
The thing i kept having a problem with the rotisserie's is finding one fresh.They would all be out for hours.

No kidding. Is it too much to ask for them to actually circle that little clock thing they put on the label? On second thought, isn't it some kind of a POLICY or LAW that says they have to?? I love a good rotisserie bird that I can pick up 30m before dinner and it feeds the whole family. But man, the ones at Walmart are absolutely wretched. I will NEVER buy one there again. The ones at Sam's Club are usually pretty good, I just hate going to that place. They are good though.
Old 05-29-2010, 08:33 PM
Cleaner upper

Quote:
Originally Posted by feedthemachine View Post
The thing i kept having a problem with the rotisserie's is finding one fresh.They would all be out for hours.
No kidding, I've seen them sitting in the bin at the Meijer's (megamart) late at night.

I pick them up at my local market when I shop in the morning. I know there they actually come off the rack at 9am. They used to serve fresh made dinners from 4-7pm too; good things like pan fried fish with fresh veggies, etc. Man, I miss that!
Old 05-29-2010, 09:08 PM
Jeff Dad

Hello from Jeff Dad. By the time my daughter was 12 I cooked recipes I got off the lnternet: lentil soup, chili, onin soup, fresh chicken chow mein, Southweatern chicken skillet and more. I cooked from scratch and the cooking took a long time so I usually cooked on Sundays. If anyone has the time and is interested I can pass on some recipes that my wife and daughter really liked. By the way, I would cook a ton on Sunday, the flavors blended in the frig so it got better and the leftovers lasted and were good.
Old 05-29-2010, 10:10 PM
Canadad

Send a message via MSN to Neodaddy Send a message via Skype™ to Neodaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubfan View Post
No kidding. Is it too much to ask for them to actually circle that little clock thing they put on the label? On second thought, isn't it some kind of a POLICY or LAW that says they have to?? I love a good rotisserie bird that I can pick up 30m before dinner and it feeds the whole family. But man, the ones at Walmart are absolutely wretched. I will NEVER buy one there again. The ones at Sam's Club are usually pretty good, I just hate going to that place. They are good though.
I've got the Showtime Rotisserie grill. One hour and the roasters are done. I just set it and forget it. Great chicken, moist, two at a time, one for dinner, one for sandwiches etc.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein
Old 05-29-2010, 10:32 PM
Beer me!

Send a message via Yahoo to tt3

Jeff Dad, post any and all recipes, if you want them seperated out or anything, let me know. With your permission I will edit anything you'd like to make it user friendly.

I like our small(ish) market, usually I can grab a rotiss bird right as they are putting them out. I'll have to try the bagged bird, though.
Old 05-29-2010, 10:39 PM
Mogwai not for sale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neodaddy View Post
I've got the Showtime Rotisserie grill. One hour and the roasters are done. I just set it and forget it. Great chicken, moist, two at a time, one for dinner, one for sandwiches etc.
I've got one of those also and the roasters do come out great. I've only done whole chickens or the cornish game hens in them. Have you done anything else in it?