Stay at Home Daddad stays home Stay at home Dad Books Available at Amazon

Paracord Bracelets. Made in the USA!

Go Back   Stay at Home Dads Forum > Daddy Stuff > Daddy Inc. - Work From Home
Register FAQ VB Image Host More Stuff Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-11-2011, 12:49 AM
aka KlugeDaddy, Ben

This is a Kickstarter we sponsored last month. They surpassed their goal by nearly 10% on Nov 1. The band is made up of friends I was in the Music Conservatory with and fraternity brothers. When they started this band back in college, I thought it was just something for fun, but most of these guys are still full time musicians.
Old 11-11-2011, 12:51 AM
aka KlugeDaddy, Ben

This is the link I meant to put in there.

I won't ask you guys to contribute to mine because you all live too far away for it to worthwhile. Plus, I'd probably comp you guys, anyway.
Old 11-27-2011, 01:39 PM
aka KlugeDaddy, Ben

Finally got the video done. Campaign launches later today, hopefully.

Old 11-28-2011, 02:08 PM
It's beer:30!

Southern Indiana... banjos... coincidence??? Just kidding, nice work. I'd like to see that pizza a little crisper looking though. Could we have a Krust Kluge?
Old 11-28-2011, 11:57 PM
aka KlugeDaddy, Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubfan View Post
Southern Indiana... banjos... coincidence???
Don't forget that the Grateful Dead was a Bluegrass band...
The bill Monroe Music Festival is about 20 minutes from here. Better to embrace the culture than deny it. But these parts are more for the artsy Bluegrass fans, not the gun totin' ones. Your brewing buddy is about to learn all about that.

Quote:
Just kidding, nice work. I'd like to see that pizza a little crisper looking though. Could we have a Krust Kluge?
Well, yeah. Only the one pizza was mine. The boys make less of a mess when it's more chewy. When we get the real oven, they'll take a whole new form.

JeffB started the crust kluge. I actually use those proportions. 3 parts flour, 2 parts water.
Old 12-26-2011, 03:08 PM
aka KlugeDaddy, Ben

Filed the corporation documents today. Having a pizza party on Wednesday to launch the fundraising campaign. It's going to be a busy month trying to get verbal agreements on paper and getting my Mother-in-Law to say exactly how much she wants to invest. The rest has to come from a bank. She was looking at buying a restaurant with a liquor license a couple years ago ($500,000), so I'm not sure what she has in mind.
Old 01-06-2012, 01:58 PM
aka KlugeDaddy, Ben

A month ago, my mother-in-law was adamant that I tell her how much money she'd need to contribute to buy into the pizza business. Now that I've told her how much I need and that I'd be happy to get any portion of it, nothing. Completely silent. I should have used this strategy several years ago.

She almost spent $250,000+ to buy a crappy dive on the lake where they have a cottage. She'd have been in close to a million had she done what she wanted to do and would have very little chance to see a return for 20 years. My projections show a profit year one based on very conservative sales numbers. Jeff seems to be really happy with his income and I can see why. Pizza is cheap.
Old 02-24-2012, 03:09 PM
aka KlugeDaddy, Ben

Well, the business plan is done and polished. I've been looking at leases and conventional trailer loans. Nothing's working out that way, so the business plan, financials and supporting data have gone off to bank #1 for refusal. I chose this one based on their reputation for turning down loans with enough documentation to fix it and either bring it back to them for approval or take it somewhere else with much more likelihood. It sounds like they rarely approve loans but they help you get the money elsewhere without any problems. And they're quick about it.

I'm about a month behind where I wanted to be. That's not too bad, but I'll probably not get the oven until July at this rate.
Old 03-09-2012, 02:52 PM
aka KlugeDaddy, Ben

Well, that didn't work. Time to look at other ways to make this happen.
Old 03-27-2012, 02:12 PM
aka KlugeDaddy, Ben

We have funding. The cash should be here tomorrow and I'll send a lot of it to the oven builder right away. Looking to start selling pizza before the end of June, but we're pushing it right now. Wish me luck.