Stay at Home Daddad stays home Stay at home Dad Books Available at Amazon

Paracord Bracelets. Made in the USA!

Go Back   Stay at Home Dads Forum > Daddy Stuff > General Posts
Register FAQ VB Image Host More Stuff Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2012, 02:58 AM
Trophy Husband

Next weekend is filling up fast! My sister is coming up on Friday night to celebrate my Dad's 79th birthday on Saturday. She is staying until Sunday and my Dad and Step Mom are staying until Monday.

Which brings me to this. My wife has decided to throw a Superbowl party. I tried to warn her that she will miss most of the game that will have her beloved Giants playing in it due to us hosting. Once more, it is now Tuesday night and we have not decided on food yet. Add to that that she is away on business Friday night until LATE Saturday night. 12 adults and about 6 kids. Should be fun!! NOT!
Old 02-01-2012, 03:36 AM
Super Duper Daddy

We're trying to convince my mom to drive up and visit yet again. She's talking about driving up on Sunday weather permitting. My wife is going out of town early next week for a couple of days and if Justin comes home I'm going to need her to help with Joey.
Old 02-19-2012, 06:58 PM
Dad in Training

Okay, this is a CRAZY weekend, and I'm glad tomorrow is a holiday (Family Day in Sask).

It started Friday morning as I chaired a 3 hour planning meeting for a convention here in the fall - brain was mush by the end. Son and I went out skiing in the afternoon; as we went out Thursday afternoon, but the trail was beyond our capabilities, so I didn't want to leave it until today before we got out again, so picked a much easier trail for us to go on Friday afternoon. Saturday morning a tobogganing party which was followed by a pizza party. Met "new" adults and an eclectic group of people. Late yesterday afternoon my wife's uncle from Winnipeg (6 hours away) was in the city, so he came by for supper and visit. Church this morning. in about 30 minutes we're off to meet friends for a 30 minute family ski, and then attend the ski class. Out of town friends are coming in to the city this afternoon as their son has a hockey game tonight, so will meet up with them, after the ski class, for a visit and then will go out for supper. THEN, I think I can rest - or so I hope. I'm glad not every weekend is at this pace.
Old 03-12-2012, 11:18 PM
learning as we go

wife and I went to the Homestead to celebrate our 6 year anniversary. Left the girls with my parents for the weekend and had a great time. Did a little skiing on the last day of the season. Got in a nice hike and had some good meals. Went with another couple so that was fun. All in all couldn't not have asked for a better weekend away.
Old 03-13-2012, 12:57 AM
Trophy Husband

Quote:
Originally Posted by 757dad View Post
wife and I went to the Homestead to celebrate our 6 year anniversary. Left the girls with my parents for the weekend and had a great time. Did a little skiing on the last day of the season. Got in a nice hike and had some good meals. Went with another couple so that was fun. All in all couldn't not have asked for a better weekend away.
Nice choice!! I was there a few years ago on the wife's company's tit. Even played the Old Course for 9 holes. The birthplace of Presidential golf. Did you go into the hot springs pool? What a pretty ride though George Washington park too! Happy Anniversary.
Old 03-13-2012, 02:49 PM
Super Daddy

One of my favorite weekends of the year. Starts on Thursday, when I pick up Tyler from pre-school at 1pm, head home... pray for a nice nap for him... and watch about 12 hours of college hoops. Friday am working in the a.m., then home to watch another 12 hours of college hoops (with some outside time mixed in with the little guy).

Saturday wife is working, so little guy and I will head to the Science Center, then an afternoon play date with a buddy at a local park... followed by the MIL watching him at night while the wife and I got to a St. Patty's day block party hosted by a local Irish Pub... mmmmm, Guinness and corned beef and cabbage.... and some college hoops mixed in...

Sunday wife is giving me the afternoon "off", so meeting up with some buddies at a bar to watch some hoops. We had been to New Orleans the past two years to actually catch some of the games in person, but none of us could swing the trip this year to any of the locations... but a few beers at the local sports bar is the next best thing.
Son #1 05/10
Son #2 11/13
Old 03-13-2012, 03:51 PM
My Trike Kicks @$$

Send a message via ICQ to DarthDaddy Send a message via AIM to DarthDaddy Send a message via MSN to DarthDaddy Send a message via Yahoo to DarthDaddy

Exciting Plans Here!!!!

WORKING two 12 hour shifts at the Hospital... (Like every weekend)

XBOX LIVE ID: WONKEMTEL

Mmmmmm....Pancakes!!!
Old 03-13-2012, 05:04 PM
"Not Willsdad"

Yeah I'll be watching plenty of hoops too. GO WOLFPACK. NC has the most teams of any State in the dance. Nice. Even 2 ACC teams as #1s. Syracuse and Carolina. Well soon to be ACC. Puke is a #2. State was the last team to be announced. Sweating to say the least. I figured we had to get in after the 2 wins in the ACC tourney and bring Carolina to the end. Should have won it really. Great game. We are on a good course and have a top 5 (#2) recruiting class coming in next year full of McDonalds all-americans. Good stuff. Even have a local (my town) boy who is a first round pick on the pack this year. He's on FIRE!!!!!!

(someguy) "I'd absolutely recommend teabags."(someguy)

I AM a Southern-fried Maple Leaf.
Old 03-13-2012, 11:22 PM
learning as we go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark B. View Post
Nice choice!! I was there a few years ago on the wife's company's tit. Even played the Old Course for 9 holes. The birthplace of Presidential golf. Did you go into the hot springs pool? What a pretty ride though George Washington park too! Happy Anniversary.
Was a great weekend. I didn't bring the clubs with me though. I am a history guy so that part was really cool. We didn't make it to Jefferson's Pool but did go in the Homestead's Pool which is also heated by a hot spring. The drive was really nice. Went out to Brunch on the way out of town at this old mill. real cool time.
Old 03-13-2012, 11:47 PM
learning as we go

Quote:
Originally Posted by One-Third View Post
One of my favorite weekends of the year.
+1. one of the added perks of being at home. Especially since all the games are on somewhere.