Stay at Home Daddad stays home Stay at home Dad Books Available at Amazon

Paracord Bracelets. Made in the USA!

Go Back   Stay at Home Dads Forum > Other Stuff > Book Club
Register FAQ VB Image Host More Stuff Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2012, 05:36 PM
Clueless, but charming...

Reading 'Bad Monkeys' by Matt Ruff, off to a good start, interesting premise. This was recommended by Christopher Moore, the ultimate in whack-job authors. I've mentioned him before here, I started with 'Lamb', and am currently in my second rereading of 'Fool', and my 8th rereading of 'A Dirty Job'. Yes, I like to read several books at once.

Also, I'll be checking out that redwood book, sounds like an interesting read fo sho.
Old 02-10-2012, 04:16 PM
Huh?

The Hunger Games was a great series, I read them last month.

I'm working on the seventh book in the Night Huntress series from Jeaniene Frost. It's not bad, it's about a half vampire that kills full vampires until she falls for one. Has way too many sex scenes though, gets really old.

I'm also reading the 8th book of Special Agent Pendergast, he's a really cool FBI character written by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child. Highly recommended.

Recently finished up 'Damned' by Chuck Palahniuk. A 13 year old girl dies and goes to hell. A few funny parts but not worth a second read.

The new Rachael Morgan book comes out this month, she's a witch who lives with a vampire and a pixie. A fun little series.
Old 02-10-2012, 04:28 PM
Super Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve@home View Post
and yes, my spelling sucked

IFind tha my lack of speelling ability is more than compensated for with bad tpying skills.
Old 02-10-2012, 06:19 PM
My Trike Kicks @$$

Send a message via ICQ to DarthDaddy Send a message via AIM to DarthDaddy Send a message via MSN to DarthDaddy Send a message via Yahoo to DarthDaddy

Recently "Listened To" Walking Dead Rise of the Governor. Pretty good...

Currently Listening to... Star Wars Darth Plagueis.

Audio books keep me up on my reading. Especially since I get tired of reading once I get school work done.

XBOX LIVE ID: WONKEMTEL

Mmmmmm....Pancakes!!!
Old 02-21-2012, 02:44 PM
Trophy Husband

Just finished "End Game" by Frank Brady. It is the biography of the great American chess player Bobby Fischer. Very good read. I was pretty young when his cold war matches were being played against the Russians but kinda remember it being talked about all over. It was cool to read what actually went down. In the end Fischer ends up being a mad man without a country. You think Hockeyfan cant stand Russians? Geez. Fischer's well documented view of Jewish people was even worse. A mad genius indeed.
Old 03-26-2012, 06:05 PM
Living in Zin

Just finished "Scarlett", the sequel "Gone with the wind". Another 1000 pager. Just checked its 884 pages.
had to put down my next book, "William Shakespeare- The complete works, compact edition because wife wants me to read and practice "The happiest toddler on the block", By DR.Karp. Roll over Dr. Spock.
A couple pages in, he talks about how toddlers are like Cavemen. They, grunt, they wipe their noses on their sleeves, and ours, they are learning to walk upright, love to color and paint on walls. could be good reading.
Old 03-27-2012, 02:43 AM
Cleaner upper

Quote:
Originally Posted by irie feeling View Post
A couple pages in, he talks about how toddlers are like Cavemen. They, grunt, they wipe their noses on their sleeves, and ours, they are learning to walk upright, love to color and paint on walls. could be good reading.
Hilarious! I was just telling me daughter the other day that 3yo girls aren't supposed to make grunting noises and run around with their tongue sticking out

My wife is reading Rhett Butler's People; doesn't look as long. I'm trying to catch up on a pile of magazines then I have a new Philip K Dick novel on the Kindle ready to go.
Old 04-12-2012, 02:49 PM
Trophy Husband

Just finished "The President and the Assassin" by Scott Miller. The story and history around and leading up to the Assassination of President William McKinley in 1901. Great remedial American history lesson for the turn of the century. A lot was going on and I think most people forget what an important President he was. I know I did.
Old 04-23-2012, 10:00 PM
Living in Zin

Just finished Henry Winkler's "I never met an idiot on the river".
Passed it to my FIL.
Who knew the Fonz is into fly fishing?
Old 04-24-2012, 02:58 PM
Trophy Husband

Just finished a Biography on President Millard Fillmore by Paul Finklelman. I have heard many times that he was regarded as the worst U.S. President ever, accidental as it was. I can only think that maybe his stance on slavery as a sitting President actually help speed up it's abolishment. It never ceases to amaze me what politicians will do to get reelected. He did pave the way for trade between Japan and the U.S..