Stay at Home Daddad stays home Stay at home Dad Books Available at Amazon

Paracord Bracelets. Made in the USA!

Go Back   Dad Stays Home - Place for Stay at Home Dads to Share Daddyhood Experiences > Daddy Stuff > General Posts
Register FAQ VB Image Host More Stuff Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2012, 10:41 PM
Certified Shit remover

Looked at the disclaimer under extra's like great adventure for almost 8 y/o aren't included so that'll be an additional $70 as well as a Dorney Park/Wild Water Kingdom trip for 5 y/o extra $85!

Alex 10 Autistic-Seizure Disorder-Shawn 8 -Brendin 6-John-4 Autistic/ADD
Old 01-31-2013, 03:57 PM
Living in Zin

bump.

Just signed up for 8 weeks, 9am to 230p, M-F.
Pippa needs the activities and social scene. Nobody to play with around us.
This is at the Y.
$1325, installment plan. Meals and snacks included.
Old 01-31-2013, 04:14 PM
Trophy Husband

The YMCA camp my kids went to in VA was great. Nice counselors and fun activities. The kids came home exhausted every day.

Will start camp registrations in March. I would guesstimate that the 2 kids cost us $1750-$2000 per summer.
Old 01-31-2013, 05:39 PM
Certified Shit remover

This reminds me have to look into day camp for 8.5 & almost 6 y/o.

Alex 10 Autistic-Seizure Disorder-Shawn 8 -Brendin 6-John-4 Autistic/ADD
Old 01-31-2013, 06:03 PM
Super Duper Daddy

The local chapter of the ABOARD (Advocacy Board Of Autism and Related Disorders) is holding a camp fair up at the mall in the North Hills of Pittsburgh from 10-3. It's being sponsored by Justin's school - where we'll most likely enroll him in their 2 week camp in late July/early August. Since Justin has ESY until mid July he'll miss out on most camps. We apply for the autism mini grant every year but were turned down last year so we should get it if we apply early enough.

Still no idea what we'll do with Joey. We'll probably send him to camp Sunshine at the local chapter of the Y.

Other than that we're actually planning on going on vacation this year. A bunch of my wife's family are going to Disney and we're looking to go in on it - though we'll get our own lodging. It might interfere with Justin's camp though. If it were up to me I'd delay the vacation though, but it's not up to me.

EDIT: forgot to add the cost of Justin's camp: $250 a week. We paid for it out of pocket last year. The mini grant is $500 and the year before we used it for the same camp. It's held at Justin's school so he's familar with the setting, but the staff is all different.

Last edited by Kwak; 02-01-2013 at 07:47 PM.
Old 02-01-2013, 11:25 AM
getting younger every day

Send a message via Yahoo to chuck

boy now old enough to work at camp! hes gone all summer and gets paid! shop around some for a good camp, our YMCA is big time expensive and its only a day camp, our towns camp is real inexpensive for day camp, boyscout camp, $340 and they keep them for a week, so prices range big time!
Old 02-01-2013, 12:44 PM
Huh?

The 8 yr old will probably want to do cub scout camp, haven't looked into it yet.

My fifth grader has applied to a two-week science camp at IU. She's really excited about that, gets to stay in the dorms and make robots and other cool things. Plus it's free, but she has to be chosen based on her grades(all A's) and a paper on why she wants to go.

All of the other kids.....nothing planned. Don't know if the two oldest will want to go to encampment again at Camp Atterbury this summer. They would both qualify for staff positions based on their rank if they do go. My seventh grader was promoted to Cadet Senior Master Sergeant yesterday, she was very proud of that. She's now the second highest ranking cadet in the middle school and only one rank below her older brother. Nice.

Cleaning up after children is like shoveling the sidewalk while its snowing.
Old 02-01-2013, 03:18 PM
Super Duper Daddy

We do a few art camps/classes, which are a bit pricey with the materials cost -- $120 for a half day a week. Nothing overnight, maybe a Chess camp for my son. It's a shorter summer here, so we won't do much.
Old 02-01-2013, 07:33 PM
Daddy

Cub scout camp for the son, about 125.00. both to a day camp nearby for swimming and outdoorsey stuff in general. Costs about 500.00 for the summer per kid. Son and I are off to Paris with his choir end of June. That was expensive but the family rallied around from all corners of the globe and funded the trip.
Old 02-01-2013, 07:42 PM
learning as we go

getting a little worried about summer this year. Girls are just now getting to the age that we are thinking about camps. Guess I better get looking.