Stay at Home Daddad stays home Stay at home Dad Books Available at Amazon

Fishing Gear

Go Back   Stay at Home Dads Forum > Other Stuff > Game Lounge > Xbox/Wii/PC
Register FAQ VB Image Host More Stuff Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2013, 06:57 PM
My Trike Kicks @$$

Send a message via ICQ to DarthDaddy Send a message via AIM to DarthDaddy Send a message via MSN to DarthDaddy Send a message via Yahoo to DarthDaddy
Default The neXt XBOX

Ok

With the release of the next gen consoles this year. PS4 and XBOX 720 or what ever they are calling it this year what are your game plans?

Actually the big name rumor for the Next Xbox is just "XBOX"

While I would love to purchase it this fall, my gut and wallet are saying after the first of the year. Typically the good games around release are few and far between.

Rumor also has it at $400

There are a ton of rumors which I don't know if they make sense.
*Games LOCKED to system- Used games and sharing of games not an option.
*Online ALL THE TIME - rumor that to play games you will have to have an internet connection active.

While I understand why the publishers don't like used, it is not something I see as a viable option. Gamestop and the other used players won't go down without a fight. This opens a slippery slope. I can sell my books, cars, houses, and whatever else I wish.

As for always connected... There are still a ton of people that don't play online...

We Shall See.

What do you guys think?

XBOX LIVE ID: WONKEMTEL

Mmmmmm....Pancakes!!!
Old 03-14-2013, 07:43 PM
"Not Willsdad"

Don't care about used games. Make them pay. I'll buy it near release likely. They usually have great games that come out during release. Be it Gears of War, Halo or COD or something new. I don't care about the internet. Mine is always connected. Can't wait to get it. Have no desire to get a PS anything. Oh and they already have an XBOX. I still have one.

Go Wolfpack!!!!! VT suck it.

(someguy) "I'd absolutely recommend teabags."(someguy)

I AM a Southern-fried Maple Leaf.
Old 03-15-2013, 02:07 AM
Beach Daddy

Depends alot on the price. I am not techie enough to really care about the difference in graphics or sound or whatever is the selling point. My games look pretty freaking cool on my tv now. I can play online whenever I want. What else do I need?
Maybe in a few years when this one is fazed out but not right away.
Old 03-15-2013, 03:58 AM
Super Duper Daddy

Nope. I'm patient and can wait out the hype. As for games, the prices for new titles and DLC is out of control IMO so hell yeah I'd buy used.
Old 03-15-2013, 01:29 PM
My Trike Kicks @$$

Send a message via ICQ to DarthDaddy Send a message via AIM to DarthDaddy Send a message via MSN to DarthDaddy Send a message via Yahoo to DarthDaddy

For me the SHARING of games is more important than the actual used market. My brother, BIL and a couple friends trade games ALL THE TIME!

Not sure I will pull the trigger until Christmas at the earliest. Might be after I get hired as an RN in January/February...

XBOX LIVE ID: WONKEMTEL

Mmmmmm....Pancakes!!!
Old 03-22-2013, 11:20 AM
Super Duper Daddy

Send a message via AIM to Captain Tuttle Send a message via Yahoo to Captain Tuttle Send a message via Skype™ to Captain Tuttle

I probably won't be there day 1 (wasn't with the 360). Probably the spring after release.

I suspect both consoles are going to try to limit used games and borrowing, there's just too much pressure from publishers. It'll probably be a "pass key" that you have to purchase, similar to some used games right now with Multi-Player; buy the game used and purchase an online pass to access the MP content. I don't like it at all but there you go.