Stay at Home Daddad stays home Stay at home Dad Books Available at Amazon

Go Back   Stay at Home Dads Forum > Daddy Stuff > General Posts
Register FAQ VB Image Host More Stuff Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2018, 04:02 PM
Trophy Husband

The wife is out of town until next Tuesday. My son has a basketball game tonight and tomorrow afternoon. I vow to FINALLY finish painting the Kitchen ceiling. Its a fairly large area that includes a dining area. The washing machine had a small leak a while back and the tray that contains and drains any leaks was found to be cracked when the asshat movers installed the washing machine. The tray that was installed is about as strong as a plastic beer pong cup. I honestly think they should be banned. Way too flimsy. for almost the same price I purchased a denser and stronger plastic/rubber model. So because of the leak that damaged a drywall seam less than a foot long I had to make the repair and paint the entire area.
Old 02-02-2018, 04:11 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Way to go, Mark. You are certainly productive. Take Sunday off.
Father to Joseph, 3/11/2007
Old 02-05-2018, 01:21 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Send a message via AIM to gduck Send a message via Yahoo to gduck

Over the weekend our youngest turned 5. His birthday was yesterday (the 4th), but we had a party for him on Saturday at the local fire station. They got to watch a firefighter get all her gear on, got to wear some cut down gear that fit the kids better, take a tour, and of course, rides on the fire trucks. All the kids loved that. Plus Sam got his own firefighter t-shirt from the fire department along with plastic fire hats and plenty of stickers. They did a really nice job and all the kids had a blast.

The rest of the weekend was hockey practices and my continued battle with whatever crud Iíve been trying to fight off.
Old 02-09-2018, 01:13 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Send a message via AIM to gduck Send a message via Yahoo to gduck

Our oldest has his first hockey tournament this weekend. Their first game is tomorrow at 7am, so we have to be there at least by 6:45am, which means we have to leave the house a little after 6am. I am absolutely not looking forward to that. Iím excited that heís excited about the tournament, but man I am useless in the mornings, and after not getting much sleep last night Iím really no looking forward to getting up tomorrow. On the plus side he always rises early so Iíll only have to wake him up 10 or 15 minutes earlier than he normally gets up anyway.
Old 02-10-2018, 12:59 PM
Homeschooling soccer dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by gduck View Post
Our oldest has his first hockey tournament this weekend. Their first game is tomorrow at 7am, so we have to be there at least by 6:45am, which means we have to leave the house a little after 6am. I am absolutely not looking forward to that. I’m excited that he’s excited about the tournament, but man I am useless in the mornings, and after not getting much sleep last night I’m really no looking forward to getting up tomorrow. On the plus side he always rises early so I’ll only have to wake him up 10 or 15 minutes earlier than he normally gets up anyway.
Wow
Sure beats Princess parties.
I wonder if Pippa will take up a sport other than ballet.
Old 02-10-2018, 01:08 PM
Homeschooling soccer dad

Going to gang out with FIL whilst the ladies go looking at confirmation dresses. Then maybe lunch out. Gonna be tough we me and the kid having wired eating habits. She's a chick a tarian and I ditched the carbs.
Old 02-10-2018, 10:44 PM
Trophy Husband

After my son's basketball game last night the wife and my daughter went to LI to see her Dad at home after his hip replacement surgery. they come home tomorrow. My son has been in and out hanging with friends. So basically it has just been me and the dogs home thus far this weekend. I FINISHED the kitchen ceiling paint job today!! Went to 4:30 Mass and now it is just me and the pups this Saturday night so far.
Old 02-25-2018, 04:37 PM
Trophy Husband

Wife and I went out to dinner last night with friends. Had the best pasta Neal in forever. Shrimp and lobster fettuccine. Unreal. Went to Mass this morning and after the wife and I went out to a local diner and I had a great omlette. On a roll! Actually ivam on the couch watching lame home repair shows with the wife. She heads up to Boston later and will be gone until next Saturday. Hope to watch golf later.
Old 02-25-2018, 08:33 PM
Homeschooling soccer dad

Just chilling.
Old 02-25-2018, 11:19 PM
Super Duper Daddy

My wife is heading out of town to Chicago and Justinís 14th birthday is Tuesday so we celebrated it during todayís visit. My wifeís friendís husband baked an Angry Birds birthday cake that was very good - but inspired me to go on a brisk 5 mile walk!
Father to Joseph, 3/11/2007