Stay at Home Daddad stays home Stay at home Dad Books Available at Amazon

Fishing Gear

Go Back   Stay at Home Dads Forum > Other Stuff > Recipes
Register FAQ VB Image Host More Stuff Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2007, 03:13 AM
Pimp Extrodinaire

Send a message via AIM to Bollux Send a message via Yahoo to Bollux
Default Anyone have.....

a recipe thats tried and true for Thai Peanut noodles? I had a boxed version of it yesterday and was good, but needs some improvement so was wondering if anyone has made it before and has a good recipe.

"There cannot be good living where there is not good drinking" Benjamin Franklin

"Oh... no way....ninja old people!" Ben "10" Tennyson
Old 01-13-2007, 01:55 PM
It's beer:30!

I've never made thai peanut noodles per se, but if it's the spicy peanut sauce that you crave (like my wife and I do), I make what's basically a stir fry using a Taste of Thai brand peanut seasoning packet(http://www.atasteofthai.com/peanut.cfm) mix a packet with a can of coconut milk and that's your sauce. Then I fry up a bunch of our favorite veggies (green and red peppers, onions, mushrooms, etc.) add some cooked chicken or shrimp, and serve over rice or any kind of noodles (I prefer noodles over rice).

It's delicious served with a tropical drink or beer and it's quite healthy aside from the fatty coconut milk.
Old 01-13-2007, 02:25 PM
Pimp Extrodinaire

oddly enough thats the brand i tried was the complete box though with the noodles and dressing. I know I can make the sauce just needs more heat!

"There cannot be good living where there is not good drinking" Benjamin Franklin

Old 01-13-2007, 04:27 PM
It's beer:30!

I didn't know they made the product in a complete box form. Might have to check that out. But we really like that particular peanut spice with the coconut milk. It's just the right amount of zip for my wife, and it's hard for us to agree on any level of spiciness, she's a whimp.

I did a quick search on thai peanut noodles and this came up first. It sounds good, I might have to try it soon.

http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1626...247197,00.html
Old 01-13-2007, 06:41 PM
GrahamsPapa

Try this:
INGREDIENTS
3/4 pound bean sprouts
6 ounces pad thai rice noodles
4 eggs
salt
3 tablespoons lime juice
3 tablespoons ketchup
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1/4 cup fish sauce
3 tablespoons peanut oil
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 1/2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
2 cups grated carrots
2/3 cup chopped peanuts
1 cup green onions cut into 1-inch pieces
DIRECTIONS
Bring a pot of water to a boil. Blanch the bean sprouts in boiling water for approximately 30 seconds, remove, and drain well. When the water returns to a boil, add noodles. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes until tender but firm; drain and rinse under cold water
Beat the eggs with a pinch of salt in a small bowl. Stir together the lime juice, ketchup, brown sugar, and fish sauce in a separate bowl; set aside.
Heat the oil in a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Fry the garlic for a few seconds. Add the pepper flakes and carrot, and cook for one minute, then remove. Add the beaten egg, and gently scramble. When the eggs have set, pour in the carrots, sauce, bean sprouts, noodles, peanuts, and green onion; toss together.

To add more heat I use Huy Fong(the one with the rooster) Sriracha chili sauce. Enjoy
Old 01-13-2007, 06:48 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Send a message via AIM to Captain Tuttle Send a message via Yahoo to Captain Tuttle Send a message via Skype™ to Captain Tuttle

That looks great GP...I'm going to give it a shot. Thanks!
Old 01-14-2007, 03:14 PM
Pimp Extrodinaire

cubby, i checked the site and they do have the all in one but wasnt the one I had, sorry thought it was, but did see it in the market

http://www.amazon.com/Taste-Thai-Pea.../dp/B000E7YPOQ

just to show ya it exists