Stay at Home Daddad stays home Stay at home Dad Books Available at Amazon

Go Back   Stay at Home Dads Forum > Other Stuff > Recipes
Register FAQ VB Image Host More Stuff Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2007, 03:39 AM
Pimp Extrodinaire

Send a message via AIM to Bollux Send a message via Yahoo to Bollux
Default Oriental Peanut sauce

Well I made this for the wraps I had on chinese new year. i ended up using the left over sauce to make cold noodlesin "sesame" sauce. you know the cold peanut tasting noodles you get from most chinese take outs.

1/4 cup room temperature peanut butter, can use chunky if want peanuts in it
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar or white vinegar
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 tablespoons vegetable oil

When I made it I used a mini chop to mix all the ingredients together. I ended up emulsifying the oil and such that i had this thick paste like sauce. I thinned it out a bit using chicken broth. oddly enough with the addition of the broth the sauce was spot on for taste. You can try not using the chop to blend and just wisking it. As for how much broth thats for you to decide. Add extra cayenne for more kick as necessary.

As mentioned it was originally a sauce i drizzled on a thai chicken wrap and it was good. I then stored the left over in the fridge. Decided to make the noodles and just brought the sauce to room temp and added to hot pasta. Can use rice or flour pasta. My added suggestion would be if putting on pasta add either a bit of the pasta water in which you boil or add a bit more chicken broth to make the sauce a little mroe liquidy as i put the left over sauce in and it coated the pasta but was a bit thick on the pasta.

"There cannot be good living where there is not good drinking" Benjamin Franklin

"Oh... no way....ninja old people!" Ben "10" Tennyson