Stay at Home Daddad stays home Stay at home Dad Books Available at Amazon

Go Back   Stay at Home Dads Forum > Daddy Stuff > New to Site - Just Saying Hello
Register FAQ VB Image Host More Stuff Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-2012, 04:34 PM
Homeschooling soccer dad

Welcome (back).
Old 07-21-2012, 08:48 PM
Doing double time

Quote:
Originally Posted by aCuppaCoffee View Post
My shoppe is just an aside. Barely turns a profit. I really miss the freedom of being at home and spending time with my family. Were it to become profitable I would love for my site to be my full-time income, but it is hard to compete out there with places like Amazon and other online marketplaces being able to undersell me. I am just hoping to connect with other Dads (possibly ones that earn a bit of income from home) and get back to my SAHD lifestyle. I have nearly a month and a half to decide whether to move on from my career and return to the freedom of home (not sure we could swing that financially), go back to school (again) if I could swing that...though it would mean more debt, or find something to do from home that turns a modest income.
I have a 1 and 3 year old that I've been staying at home with the last year. I telecommute via a VPN connection into my old job about 10-15 hours a week. Pretty much squeeze it in while they are napping and at night. It's with a consulting group I've been with for years before I stayed home so that's how I made it work.

It's a juggling act at times, but I think I value the responsibility of professional work and get more from it than I readily admit.

Working from home right off the bat without getting established in the work's normal environment is hard, hope you can find something that allows you to do it. Best of luck.
Old 07-24-2012, 02:45 AM
Certified Shit remover

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountain View Post
I have a 1 and 3 year old that I've been staying at home with the last year. I telecommute via a VPN connection into my old job about 10-15 hours a week. Pretty much squeeze it in while they are napping and at night. It's with a consulting group I've been with for years before I stayed home so that's how I made it work.

It's a juggling act at times, but I think I value the responsibility of professional work and get more from it than I readily admit.

Working from home right off the bat without getting established in the work's normal environment is hard, hope you can find something that allows you to do it. Best of luck.
Totally agree....

Alex 11 Autistic-Seizure Disorder-Shawn 10 -Brendin 7-John- 6 Autistic/ADD