Stay at Home Daddad stays home Stay at home Dad Books Available at Amazon

Paracord Bracelets. Made in the USA!

Go Back   Dad Stays Home - Place for Stay at Home Dads to Share Daddyhood Experiences > Other Stuff > Game Lounge > Xbox/Wii/PC
Register FAQ VB Image Host More Stuff Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2014, 09:16 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Shades of Mechwarrior from back in the day. Looks cool, but that was mostly cinematic wasn't it?
Father to Joseph, 3/11/2007
Old 03-04-2014, 10:16 PM
Very fortunate

Heres real game play
Old 03-11-2014, 01:57 PM
Super Duper Daddy

After poring over user reviews for a Turtle Beach headsets I decided that even the cheapest was too expensive. Last time I paid $10+ shipping for the basic XBOX headset - and was disappointed because you get what you pay for and it was one of the old white ones.

This time I came across the basic black 360 style ones at 5 Below. Care to guess on the price?

Anyway, I now love that store. I splurged and blew $40 there for Joey's birthday and also got some new earbuds for me too.
Old 03-11-2014, 04:31 PM
Very fortunate

There are good deals on TB x31's now ..Thats what i got .
My son has TB x12's. also good
Titanfall is Bad Ass BTW !!!
Old 03-12-2014, 04:00 PM
Super Duper Daddy

"Daddy, why didn't you get me a wii U for my birthday?"

- Joey

...well son, because Daddy nearly kicked over a barrel of scorpions when he bought the XBOX a couple of years ago without mommy's permission.
Old 03-12-2014, 04:01 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Send a message via AIM to Captain Tuttle Send a message via Yahoo to Captain Tuttle Send a message via Skype™ to Captain Tuttle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwak View Post
"Daddy, why didn't you get me a wii U for my birthday?"

- Joey

...well son, because Daddy nearly kicked over a barrel of scorpions when he bought the XBOX a couple of years ago without mommy's permission.
You did him a favor, the WiiU is a dying platform.
Old 03-12-2014, 04:20 PM
Very fortunate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Tuttle View Post
You did him a favor, the WiiU is a dying platform.
Sad but true

I want to post some of my cool titanfall clips but i can't seem to figure it all out
Old 03-13-2014, 04:32 PM
Very fortunate

Didn't work oops
http://1drv.ms/1ftTfKY

Last edited by feedthemachine; 03-13-2014 at 04:35 PM.
Old 03-27-2014, 03:50 PM
Super Duper Daddy

I finished Assassin's Creed III the other day. While it still has a visually rich environment with exciting context for mission it was my least favorite of the series. I have several reasons which I feel are good and a few more that I feel aren't so good. Let me start with the good ones:

Reason one, the Characters:
While there were a few recognizable faces from history (Benjamin Franklin, Samuel Adams, Paul Revere, George Washington) I couldn't get on board with the main character's plight, mostly because he's a native American but also because he wasn't introduced until a quarter of the way through the game. You actually play as his father but a huge plot twist (which I won't give away even though the game has been out for a couple of years) switches the whole perspective of the game to that of his son. All I really would like to concede is that he doesn't die at that point, though it does happen later - but still not at the right point in the plot IMO.

Reason Two, Theater Design:
If you're going to set the stage during the French & Indian War/American Revolution you need to have more of it set in Philadelphia, not just behind closed doors and in outlying areas. For example, the crossing of the Delaware by Washington was oddly only mentioned in passing. An exploration of one of Washington's encampments was instead placed in the Massachusetts Frontier. This was to serve a point in the plot that only served the main character's plight. I would have liked to have seen more smaller levels like were presented in the Battles of Lexington and Concord to include important historical sites like Valley Forge or Fort Duquesne (also only mentioned in passing) included instead.

Reason Three, Controls:
Once again Ubisoft has monkeyed with the controls but still haven't solved the problem of the player inadvertently climbing up walls, letting go of handholds and jumping off in the wrong direction. My favorite is still Assassin's Creed II, which while still complicated is still the simplest IMO.

There are a few more things I didn't like but (as with I neglected in Assassin's Creed: Revelations) I have a feeling that I didn't fully explore all of the side quests and secondary missions fully to appreciate their full worth.

For example, the means of acquiring money to purchase upgrades have been made increasingly more difficult to locate and acquire. I found most of my money by looting corpses and being jeered by NPCs. It wounded my inner child.

Also, the stores to purchase upgrades seemed few and far between. Meanwhile, there were some questionable locations that didn't seem to be all that important. For example, who needs to stop in a tavern to play a game of chance when in previous games you're more active in the "underground" or black market so that you can more easily get money and items to aid you in your quest.

One thing I really didn't understand was why they even had a naval campaign. Don't get me wrong, it was a nice change of pace but a little farfetched to serve the plot IMO. It simply added to the scope of the "world" in areas which were not as historically significant as others. To be fair though, maybe I should read up on my history but growing up in rural Pennsylvania I reached saturation a long time ago. Oh well, I guess they had to introduce it in order to pave the way for the next installment which is set in the Carribean.

Anyway, despite these limitations I still found the whole series enjoyable and engaging so I'm going to give both this one and Revelations another shot - but I'll most likely trade in AC3 and a couple of other unplayed games to credit the purchase of Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag. I also may want to purchase some DLC off LIVE. I'm also looking forward to learning more about future Assassin's Creed games, such as AC5 which will be set in France during the time of the revolution.
Old 03-27-2014, 10:57 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Send a message via AIM to Captain Tuttle Send a message via Yahoo to Captain Tuttle Send a message via Skype™ to Captain Tuttle

Nice write up Kwak, that game is generally thought of as the worst in the series (outside of the first one). Ass Creed 4 is supposed to be good, pirates!