Stay at Home Daddad stays home Stay at home Dad Books Available at Amazon

Fishing Gear

Go Back   Stay at Home Dads Forum > Other Stuff > Weight Loss
Register FAQ VB Image Host More Stuff Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-30-2013, 08:04 PM
Daddy

Never, ever tell me my choices are limited or that I can't do something. It will make me want to do it that much more, even if it could be to my detriment.

Although I was never diagnosed as having Asperger's Syndrome or being on the autistic spectrum in general, Ben Jr is, and I share a lot of the same traits. My wife belongs to a "married to Aspie" group on Facebook, and across the board, the wives in one thread said their husbands were either well built with zero sex drive (one couple hadn't had sex in EIGHT YEARS) or skinny with a sky high sex drive...like me. Well, she said she'd rather have me this way than the other way around, and I asked why it had to be a choice. Well, like anything that affects her, she does a lot of research on aspies, and her theory is that, since higher levels of testosterone were found in the brains of aspies, there's less for the body, and their bodies basically have to choose.

My response, I didn't want to be limited to one or the other, and I was going to be stronger AND retain my sex drive. And I finally admitted to her what I wante to do on our honeymoon. Currently outweighing me by about 10-15 lbs I think, she thinks I'm crazy. She tried to comfort me with the knowledge that in her first marriage, when she weighed about 30 lbs less and was married to a cop, he couldn't pull off the carrying. Thing is I don't care about that. I already do a million times more for her than he ever did, so the comparison never came to mind. It's just the romantic in me, combined with just being told "you can't do that" that's even more determined than before.

King of a blended family - Three girls (23, 23, 20), three boys (19, 8, 6) and four angels who didn't make it ^i^ ^i^ ^i^ ^i^
Old 06-15-2013, 09:48 PM
Daddy

Gained 9 pounds since April, and I don't feel that much bigger, so it must be the good gain. Feeling pretty good.

King of a blended family - Three girls (23, 23, 20), three boys (19, 8, 6) and four angels who didn't make it ^i^ ^i^ ^i^ ^i^
Old 07-11-2013, 06:19 PM
Daddy

Been on vacation (first time away for more than maybe a long weekend since before getting married) this week. Lots of swimming and playing, lots of eating, no idea if my weight has increased or decreased, but I'm definitely active and enjoying it.

Old 08-13-2013, 08:12 PM
Daddy

Had my physical yesterday. At 6'1" 172 lbs, doc is concerned about me gaining more. Yeah, maybe if it's all in my gut.

The big concern for me is when checking for a hernia, she found "weakness" on the left side of the groin, "not a hernia yet." Didn't think to ask what exactly that meant until after I was home, but I tried searching. Well, one bodybuilding forum yielded a discussion that basically concluded someone with a similar condition was basically going to get a hernia someday somewhere.

Anyone know of any exercises that can strengthen an at risk area for a hernia, or am I doomed to one at some point and just need to pray I don't have it happen in the next year or so?

Old 09-18-2013, 11:05 PM
Daddy

Well, today was a workout. We're getting a new garage door installed, and the garage needs to be cleared out enough for the installers to do their thing. I moved a load of stuff out. Probably didn't help with the whole avoiding a hernia thing, but it was a workout.

Last edited by BenSr; 09-20-2013 at 07:37 PM. Reason: Caught a typo
Old 09-22-2013, 11:40 PM
Daddy

Well I had hoped to get restarted on my workout tomorrow, but I just got slammed with a case of strep that I'm sure I spent a few days mistaking for housework related fatigue and aches. I had to empty out the garage so the guy could install the new door. Lotta stuff. Looks like a recovery week and then hopefully starting up next week.

Old 09-26-2013, 05:03 PM
Daddy

Fourth day on antibiotic. Throat's better, lymph nodes no longer tender, joint aches almost eliminated, and nice rash I thought was hives but turned out to be scarlet fever is all gone. Did some pull-ups yesterday and felt okay, and went to work at night. Going to ease back in on Monday.

Old 11-07-2013, 05:54 PM
Daddy

Got the notion early in the week I'd get started again on my workouts and ease my way in. Monday, did about 15 min light cardio and some push-ups, pull-ups and compound exercises with bands. Felt good to get started up again. Then I got sick Tuesday, been so ever since. Guzzling ginger tea to get rid of this.

Old 11-11-2013, 09:35 PM
Daddy

Started feeling better after my wife, who was home today because the district where she teaches was off, pretty much half begged and half forced me to nap while the littles were at school. One of the things none of us considered until last night into today was that I might have sleep apnea. Got an appointment set up Friday to look into that plus the fact that I seem to be very susceptible to colds and vocal troubles this past year or so.

If those can be treated, that may make a world of difference in terms of my quality of sleep and how my body recovers from physical activity.

Old 11-22-2013, 07:16 AM
Daddy

Love my stepson, but his words made me want to dig a deep hole, jump in it, and have somebody bury me in it. He started last week on the swim team and the lucky dude is shredded. He was showing me his arms and stuff and I was freaking jealous.

Then he says, you should look into a gym membership at one that has a pool. Between all the mountains of stuff to do that never gets done and being hyperstressed because the budget is very tight the next few months, and just feeling down lately for having no energy to work out, and being generally in a hating my body in general, I'm just frustrated. Time to get to bed and hopefully sleep off some of this negativity.