Stay at Home Daddad stays home Stay at home Dad Books Available at Amazon

Go Back   Stay at Home Dads Forum > Other Stuff > Recipes
Register FAQ VB Image Host More Stuff Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2011, 06:41 PM
"Not Willsdad"

Only Wampus is a user of the Weber Performer. Your baby. Heck that guy is probably you!!! You are on that forum I bet. That is the only reason it was relevant. IT's okay. I don't mind.

Why didn't she get up with 2 skis and drop the 2nd once up? May have been easier. Just the same with most things. I can hit a golf ball further using a $20 driver than most people using a $400 one. It's the user, not the tool. Then again, given a better tool, the user can usually do better.

One question though. If it's a "good" cheeseburger, wouldn't it already be edible? I eat things that are good all the time. Then again, I've never cooked on a weber. Okay, I lied. I've had (and still have) one of those little smokey joe joes things. Back when I lived in an apartment it was all I had for charcoal. Of course I was still using briquettes back then. (hitting myself) BTW. This is the most fun I've had posting in ages. Thanks.

(someguy) "I'd absolutely recommend teabags."(someguy)

I AM a Southern-fried Maple Leaf.
Old 07-13-2011, 07:14 PM
It's beer:30!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan View Post
Why didn't she get up with 2 skis and drop the 2nd once up? May have been easier..
cuz that's easy. That's the next step after getting up on 2. Then you need to get up on one.

Let's say you drop a ski, then wipe out, now what? You have to go get that 2nd ski just to get up again. Weak, learn to get up on ONE!

Last edited by Cubfan; 07-13-2011 at 07:16 PM.
Old 07-13-2011, 07:18 PM
"Not Willsdad"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubfan View Post
cuz that's easy. That's the next step after getting up 2. Then you need to get up on one.

Let's say you drop a ski, then wipe out, now what? You have to go get that 2nd ski just to get up again. Weak, learn to get up on ONE!
I'm sure I could do it. Easy peasy. I'm good at everything. Then again, I had a tough time getting up on one of those boogie boards or whatever they are called. Just couldn't get the angle right. Plus it messed up my shoulder. Bah. You are right though. Fetching a ski sucks.

http://www.eggheadforum.com/index.ph...4&limitstart=0

Here is the link for where that article was posted. You'll see my post in there. LOL. Now you can see the "other" side. Most of these guys have had both.

Old 10-07-2011, 01:27 AM
aka KlugeDaddy, Ben

Thawing out a brisket and a pork shoulder. Since we tossed the smoker and Weber in the move, we needed something. $60 got us a charcoal vertical smoker. We'll see how it does. I'm not sure how I'll be able to load more charcoal in since it'll be going for 16+ hours on the shoulder. But I guess I better RTFM.

I've had bad luck with brisket. Any advice? It usually gets tough and dry, so that's too high heat or too long, right?
Old 10-07-2011, 11:04 AM

You threw away a Weber?? And bought a cheap vertical smoker?? uFail.
Old 10-07-2011, 11:33 AM
Super Duper Daddy

Send a message via AIM to Captain Tuttle Send a message via Yahoo to Captain Tuttle Send a message via Skype™ to Captain Tuttle

Hey Cub, I've been eyeing those cheap vertical smokers, are they a good starting point or are there better options for the dough?

Thanks.

And I hope that Weber was rusted through and through.
Old 10-07-2011, 12:15 PM

the problem with the cheap vertical ones (that I've seen anyway), is that they usually dont have very much temperature control (vents), and also dont have access so you can add more coals. Huge oversight in my opinion. If that is the case, you have the remove the entire body of the smoker, with food on and everything, and add more coals, then put the thing back together, all while very hot. but Im talking in the $40-75 dollar range. You might find a better in the $100 range.

I personally use the off-set smoker. For the price it gets the job done well.

(only a matter of time before Hockeyboy tries to persuade you to spend $800 on a glorified oven made out of clay)
Old 10-07-2011, 12:30 PM
"Not Willsdad"

You know it. I want him to have the best so he can enjoy his time BBQing. Why waste bag upon bag upon bag upon bag of lump just to cook a hotdog. Dam son. You waste more money on wasted lump (sorry briquettes - GAG) in a year than a new EGG would have cost you. I understand not wanting to spend the $, but it IS the best one out there. Plain and simple. Often imitated, never duplicated. Yeah I said it.

Bj. You need to cook the brisket to the right temp too. With that cooker you may need to foil with liquid, cause unlike some other cookers, most smokers don't have good moisture retention. There is one I'd recommend for that.... Anyways, that problem likely causes some of the drying. Still, like other cuts of meat people often stop cooking and think they are done a bit early. Same as with ribs. Low and slow. I've only done a few briskets. Not my favorite to eat really. Good luck. Add a water pan with some juice in it or something. That could add to the moisture in the cooker. You checking internal temps with a calibrated thermometer? Make sure you get the # you are trying to reach.

Old 10-07-2011, 12:35 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Send a message via AIM to Captain Tuttle Send a message via Yahoo to Captain Tuttle Send a message via Skype™ to Captain Tuttle

I'd get an Egg but we just can't swing it right now.

Yeah Cub, I was thinking $100-$150
Old 10-07-2011, 11:57 PM
aka KlugeDaddy, Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubfan View Post
You threw away a Weber?? And bought a cheap vertical smoker?? uFail.
It was 20 years old and fell apart any time you needed to move it. It would have made it through the move.