Stay at Home Daddad stays home Stay at home Dad Books Available at Amazon

Go Back   Stay at Home Dads Forum > Daddy Stuff > General Posts
Register FAQ VB Image Host More Stuff Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-02-2018, 08:41 PM
Trophy Husband

No Twitter or The Facebook for this guy ether.
Old 08-03-2018, 02:13 PM
Beer me!

Send a message via Yahoo to tt3

I'm on FB mostly for the family pictures. One brother is in Pennsylvania, one in Australia.
Old 08-03-2018, 03:42 PM
Beach Daddy

Fb and Twitter guy here. Not much into the FB. I do really enjoy twitter- mostly for the sports guys I follow.
Old 08-06-2018, 01:21 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Send a message via AIM to gduck Send a message via Yahoo to gduck

Yeah, I do use Twitter, but for me it's following a myriad of breweries, brewers, and Buffalo Sabres news.
Old 08-09-2018, 01:39 PM
Super Duper Daddy

So now that it's been a few days and I've thought more about, I've decided against going to the whole high school reunion thing. I had thought about going for a little while, but seeing as how I still haven't bothered to register, and the deadline is coming up, I think I'm taking that as a sign I really have no desire at all to go see a bunch of people I didn't even like very much when I was in school with them.
Old 08-09-2018, 01:50 PM
Beer me!

Send a message via Yahoo to tt3

I can count on one finger how many high school people I'm still in contact with. You've made a good decision.
Old 08-09-2018, 02:37 PM
Super Nice Dad

I still have a group of 5 high school friends I see most times I go to Buffalo. My oldest friend I met in the 6th grade. Just saw them all 2 weeks ago but it was for a funeral. My friend from 6th grade, his dad passed, the first parent to pass out of our high school friends group. It was a tough weekend, was asked to be a pallbearer. But we did manage to find some laughs and hang out outside of the services.

I went to my 20th high school reunion and had a good time. 30 years next year but I doubt anyone will plan an event.

HockeySave.com
Old 08-11-2018, 03:55 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Like I said just before in the good morning thread, I just rode 25 miles on country roads on my 13yo hardtail mountain bike. My wife has a new hybrid and is doing a 40 mile ride. I wouldíve done the 40 but just about knocked myself out last year on one. When I took my bike in to get set up the tech told me my crankshaft was worn out and friction was working against me. I donít doubt it but to overhaul it would cost as much as my wife paid for her bike. I hate hybrids though; I donít like riding on asphalt unless itís an organized event like todays. I would like another hardtail entry level mountain bike - which is a lateral move but with current tech - but my wife is balking at the cost ($600) which is about the same as what I paid for what Iíve been riding since 2003.

Weíre signed up for two more rides like this this season. Iím hoping we can come to some sort of agreement. This is something I want us to be doing together on a regular basis, but I also want to ride mostly on trails and cross country.
Father to Joseph, 3/11/2007
Old 08-13-2018, 02:54 PM
Super Duper Daddy

I applaud anyone who can ride more than a few miles these days. I haven't been on a bike in literally decades until the other day. I decided if I wanted to go have a beer at a place I like I had to ride there. It's 3 miles and change to get there and sections of the ride had a nice gentle downward grade. Made the ride fairly easy for someone who hasn't had "biking legs" in a long time.

Of course coming back killed my knees. That nice gentle grade on the way there meant I had to go back up it on the way back. And while it wasn't steep, it was just a constant slight upward. Shows I need to do it more often so I can quit feeling so pathetic.
Old 08-13-2018, 05:40 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gduck View Post
I applaud anyone who can ride more than a few miles these days. I haven't been on a bike in literally decades until the other day. I decided if I wanted to go have a beer at a place I like I had to ride there. It's 3 miles and change to get there and sections of the ride had a nice gentle downward grade. Made the ride fairly easy for someone who hasn't had "biking legs" in a long time.

Of course coming back killed my knees. That nice gentle grade on the way there meant I had to go back up it on the way back. And while it wasn't steep, it was just a constant slight upward. Shows I need to do it more often so I can quit feeling so pathetic.
If your knees hurt either your seat is too low or the bike is just generally too small.

I was surprised that the more modern frames in my old bikeís ďsizeĒ felt much bigger - especially with the larger 29Ē tires.
Father to Joseph, 3/11/2007