Stay at Home Daddad stays home Stay at home Dad Books Available at Amazon

Go Back   Stay at Home Dads Forum > Other Stuff > Book Club
Register FAQ VB Image Host More Stuff Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2007, 02:49 AM
SAHD to RN

I just ordered a few books from amazon.

The first two I read about in Mens Journal while sitting on the can at my brother's house(between 3:45-6am)cursing life and the stomach viruses that it throws at you.

The Moral Animal: Why We Are, the Way We Are: The New Science of Evolutionary Psychology

The Happiest Man In The World: An Account of the Life of Poppa Neutrino

This third one is just to read about the psychological aspect of running. I'm currently training for my second half marathon (it's at the end of April) and am planning on running a full marathon next year.

Running Within: A Guide to Mastering the Body-Mind-Spirit Connection for Ultimate Training and Racing
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan View Post
leave us cool kids alone as we sing about testicles.
Boy (2004), Girl (2006)
Old 06-14-2007, 01:19 AM
Super Daddy

I just finished The Tipping Point by Malcolm Gladwell. I enjoyed his more recent effort, "Blink", and came back to this. It's an interesting take on what the author calls social epidemics, how they begin and spread. The chapter on the 'stickiness' of Sesame Street and Blues Clues was particulary interesting, from a parent's perspective.
Old 06-14-2007, 01:40 AM
Trophy Husband

Just finished "Manhunt". The story of the the 12 day search for John Wilkes Booth after the Lincoln assassination. Great book. I hope to get to D.C. in the next few years to take the tour of Ford's theater to see some of the memorabilia up close.
Old 06-14-2007, 01:56 AM
Baltimore Barge

tonight it was green eggs and ham (is that cliche or what?) and some new book about a dog that taught a bird to talk.

PD

They grow up so fast, but it seems to take a long time....
Old 06-14-2007, 02:31 AM
Super Duper Daddy

Christopher Moore's Fluke
I've read all of Moore's books, even the ones that aren't so good make me laugh out loud!

"The world is full of guys. Don't be a guy; be a man."

"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop to look around once in a while, you could miss it."

"Don't think, it can only hurt the ball club."
Old 06-14-2007, 02:47 AM
My Trike Kicks @$$

Send a message via ICQ to DarthDaddy Send a message via AIM to DarthDaddy Send a message via MSN to DarthDaddy Send a message via Yahoo to DarthDaddy

I just read

The Abs Diet

Was written by the editor of mens Health. i borrowed it from the Library which I do for most books and dvd's.

Not a bad read. some interesting ideas and good energy food ideas. I am actually adding the workout (home version) to my bicycle training. Maybe by the end of the summer I will actually be in better shape...

XBOX LIVE ID: WONKEMTEL

Mmmmmm....Pancakes!!!
Old 06-14-2007, 03:10 AM
It's too quiet!

I think I can kill this thread in 1 post! ;)

I'm working on the Trane Air Conditioning Manual

...enthalpy, BTU's, and sensible heat....2 semester's of thermodynamics, all in one big juicy helping - yum!

My other diversion has been looking at mfg's pump performance curves for flowrate vs static pressure for fluids around 20-30 centipoise viscosity for the latest project...

And I read the back of the Children's Tylenol package to determine the correct dosage based on age and weight.

I also tore thru the latest issues of Time, BusinessWeek, and Popular Mechanics over the weekend....:shrug:

Next-up: The Alfa-Laval, "Everything You Need to Know about Sanitary Equipment Product Catalog"....

Life is good!
Old 06-14-2007, 03:29 AM
Always Irritated

at the library today I picked up The American Trancendentalist's: essential writings, I've only made it through the first three essays, they were enjoyable though.
Old 06-14-2007, 03:33 AM
Just glad to be here

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffus View Post
I think I can kill this thread in 1 post! ;)

I'm working on the Trane Air Conditioning Manual

...enthalpy, BTU's, and sensible heat....2 semester's of thermodynamics, all in one big juicy helping - yum!

My other diversion has been looking at mfg's pump performance curves for flowrate vs static pressure for fluids around 20-30 centipoise viscosity for the latest project...

And I read the back of the Children's Tylenol package to determine the correct dosage based on age and weight.

I also tore thru the latest issues of Time, BusinessWeek, and Popular Mechanics over the weekend....:shrug:

Next-up: The Alfa-Laval, "Everything You Need to Know about Sanitary Equipment Product Catalog"....

Life is good!
As the starter of this thread, I'd have to say that that was a damn good attempt at killing it. #-o

I've started a few novels lately, but they're boring me. This has made me gun-shy to start another one, though I have a pile to choose from.
Old 06-14-2007, 03:45 AM
It's too quiet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Country Dad View Post
As the starter of this thread, I'd have to say that that was a damn good attempt at killing it. #-o
Nope! Just my day, so far....Read On Daddies! :supz:

I was looking for "Assault on Reason" by Al Gore at the library yesterday, but I guess it's coming out in July.....whoops!

The Pony books just don't seem to hold my attention anymore....:shrug: