Stay at Home Daddad stays home Stay at home Dad Books Available at Amazon

Go Back   Stay at Home Dads Forum > Daddy Stuff > General Posts
Register FAQ VB Image Host More Stuff Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-17-2008, 11:20 PM
Daddy_Higgins

Default Thinking of getting inked.

I have been pondering the ides of getting a new tattoo for quite some time now, and I think I have come up with a solution. I am goin to get my sons handprint placed somewhere on me, Im just not sure where I want to put it. I was also wanting to add moms handprint but she said no, because it was like putting her name on me. < she thinks its bad ju ju > Just wondering what your thoughts and input would be.
Old 10-17-2008, 11:52 PM
SAHD to RN

Someone I know had both his sons handprints put on his upper arm. It looks pretty cool.

He was going to do footprints, but then he thought it would look like his sons walk all over him. Someone else joked that now it just looks like they just slap him around. lol.

As soon as his youngest is old enough to write his name, he's going to get their handwriting (of their names) tattooed by their hands. Personally I think that it will look goofy and take away from the professional tattoo that is there now. But that is just my opinion.

And I'm not anti-tattoos. I have 4, one of them dedicated to my son.

I agree with not putting your wifes prints on you, although I am still trying to come up with some kind of symbolism to acknowledge our marriage, but there is no rush.

But other than that, go for it! Look out, though. It's addictive!
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan View Post
leave us cool kids alone as we sing about testicles.
Boy (2004), Girl (2006)
Old 10-18-2008, 12:28 AM
ArchersDad

I havn't heard from you guys in a while, how are you doing?

If you decide to do it, I recommend Adya at Living Canvas downtown. She knows her stuff and did a great job on mine.

I think it's a good idea. I didn't ever have the desire for a tattoo until Archer came along. It took about a month of trying out different ideas and designs before I decided on one. Cyn was dead set against it at first but finally came around to the idea and now wants to get one, too. Go figure. I have a couple sheets of blank temporary tattoo paper if you want to take a design for a test drive and could help you out on the design if you want.
Old 10-18-2008, 01:12 AM
Cleaner upper

Default Dedicated

I've always thought about getting a tattoo but could never decide on something worth while. The birth of my daughter finally filled in that blank. I don't have a design yet, but then again she's only six months old. It's just one more way you inscribe that feeling of being a father into yourself and it shows other people how proud and dedicated you are to your family.
Old 10-18-2008, 02:27 AM
Super Duper Daddy

Quote:
although I am still trying to come up with some kind of symbolism to acknowledge our marriage
How about getting a basic yin and yang design surrounded by a wedding band and then put your kids birth dates inside the wedding band.

The newest sci-fi site in town www.colessfa.com
Old 10-18-2008, 03:20 AM
Super Nice Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTDon View Post
I am still trying to come up with some kind of symbolism to acknowledge our marriage
How about an alimony check with her signature

I am anti tatoo's, for me. You can put anything on you that you want and I will be terribly happy for you. I had a former co-worker that I hated, he had his kids faces on his chest and on him, it looked horrible. Would have looked worse on his wife though. If you do the faces make sure to wait until they are older so it looks like them. Some tatoo's look really cool, I just cannot think of anything other than liver spots I want on me when I am 80.

Board was slow today, I just had to make some comment. Thanks.
Old 10-18-2008, 03:28 AM
ArchersDad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Dad View Post
I just cannot think of anything other than liver spots I want on me when I am 80.
Why wait? Thanks to the miracle of modern tattoo artists you can have those today . Maybe it will be the next big thing.

I never even considered getting a face inked on me. I can't think of a single one I have ever seen that looked good.
Old 10-18-2008, 04:36 AM
SAHD to RN

I have pictures of my parents from when they were real young (my dad from his college graduation and my mom from when she graduated nursing school) and for a short time considered getting them as tattoos (both my parents are deceases).

After a few weeks I just decided that there is WAY much more of a chance of the tattoos NOT looking like my parents....so that urge passed quickly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchersDad View Post
Why wait? Thanks to the miracle of modern tattoo artists you can have those today . Maybe it will be the next big thing.

I never even considered getting a face inked on me. I can't think of a single one I have ever seen that looked good.
Boy (2004), Girl (2006)
Old 10-18-2008, 04:37 AM
SAHD to RN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Dad View Post
How about an alimony check with her signature
Boy (2004), Girl (2006)
Old 10-18-2008, 08:36 PM
Fear the Baker

I've got three tats and will be getting another one in 5 months.
That is the ten year anni of our first date i will be getting a turtle shell with Katy's name in the blocks. I will also be getting the boys names down the back of my upper arms

Ash:"dad how can a dirty hippy like you be such a flag waving do gooder"

Qaundo Omni Flunkus Moritati