Stay at Home Daddad stays home Stay at home Dad Books Available at Amazon

Go Back   Stay at Home Dads Forum > Other Stuff > Game Lounge > Xbox/Wii/PC
Register FAQ VB Image Host More Stuff Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-24-2008, 05:37 PM
Hooked on Quack

Question Xbox 360 ???

Can any of you game heads point me in the right Direction on which Xbox to get for online play :huh:
Old 03-24-2008, 06:19 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Send a message via AIM to Captain Tuttle Send a message via Yahoo to Captain Tuttle Send a message via Skype™ to Captain Tuttle

Actually you can play online with both although I think that with the first one the only game that anyone plays is Halo2.
The 360 is the one with the most robust and active online component. You have to get the model with the hard drive (not the Arcade) and you have to pay a subscription for Xbox Live ($50/ year but you can buy it by the month if you want to. You can usually find deals online for a year's subscription for $35-$40). There's also a pretty strong rumor that there's going to be a price drop around April when GTA 4 comes out. I think it's going to be improved hardware as well.
Old 03-24-2008, 06:36 PM
"Not Willsdad"

I think 50 bucks a year is a pretty good deal. Also when you purchase some games they come with free 1 month live subscriptions. Definitely get the one that Will's Dad said to get. Then tell him to get on COD4 for a beating. I never see him anymore. He's finally got me over to the dark side (COD4) too. Anyways...you won't be unhappy with it. Just have to tell us your gamertag once you make one for live.

(someguy) "I'd absolutely recommend teabags."(someguy)

I AM a Southern-fried Maple Leaf.
Old 03-24-2008, 06:43 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Send a message via AIM to Captain Tuttle Send a message via Yahoo to Captain Tuttle Send a message via Skype™ to Captain Tuttle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan View Post
I think 50 bucks a year is a pretty good deal. Also when you purchase some games they come with free 1 month live subscriptions. Definitely get the one that Will's Dad said to get. Then tell him to get on COD4 for a beating. I never see him anymore. He's finally got me over to the dark side (COD4) too. Anyways...you won't be unhappy with it. Just have to tell us your gamertag once you make one for live.
Yeah, $50 is worth it but you can usually find it a little cheaper.

I took about a week off and I've been playing Assassin's Creed lately for something different. I'm getting the COD4 itch again though. I'm looking forward to the new maps. We should try to get a game of COD4 in this week...everyone else is playing Vegas.
Old 03-24-2008, 10:05 PM
Hooked on Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will'sdad View Post
Actually you can play online with both although I think that with the first one the only game that anyone plays is Halo2.
The 360 is the one with the most robust and active online component. You have to get the model with the hard drive (not the Arcade) and you have to pay a subscription for Xbox Live ($50/ year but you can buy it by the month if you want to. You can usually find deals online for a year's subscription for $35-$40). There's also a pretty strong rumor that there's going to be a price drop around April when GTA 4 comes out. I think it's going to be improved hardware as well.

Thanks for the info WillsD. and hockey
Old 03-24-2008, 11:00 PM
Super Duper Daddy

I'm a moderator at a gaming site for older fellas like myself so if you have any questions I can usually get the answer.
Old 03-24-2008, 11:14 PM
"Not Willsdad"

Yeah...like if you want to know what to call what I did/will do to you and Will'sdad in the upcoming months. He can get that answer. Oh...here you go. Found it!

Pwn (/oʊn/, /poʊn/, /pəʔˈoʊn/, /pɔːn/, /piˈoʊn/, /pwəʔˈn̩/) is a leetspeak slang term that implies domination or humiliation of a rival, used primarily in the Internet gaming culture to taunt an opponent that has just been soundly defeated.

Old 03-25-2008, 11:08 AM
Super Duper Daddy

Quote:
Yeah...like if you want to know what to call what I did/will do to you and Will'sdad in the upcoming months. He can get that answer. Oh...here you go. Found it!

Pwn (/oʊn/, /poʊn/, /pəʔˈoʊn/, /pɔːn/, /piˈoʊn/, /pwəʔˈn̩/) is a leetspeak slang term that implies domination or humiliation of a rival, used primarily in the Internet gaming culture to taunt an opponent that has just been soundly defeated.
:D

I got into the Battlefield: Bad Company Beta last night! I know what I'm doing while the kids are down today!
Old 03-25-2008, 02:06 PM
"Not Willsdad"

How do you "get into" a beta like that? I saw talk of a pass key or something. Heck I don't have time to do it anyway. I only get to play on the weekend, when I stay up half the night and have to get up in the morning. Blah. It is fun though.

Old 03-25-2008, 02:59 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Quote:
I only get to play on the weekend, when I stay up half the night and have to get up in the morning. Blah. It is fun though.
Yeah, sometimes I'll get up around 7 in the morning or so and check out my Friends List. "A Canadian Gears of War 2 hours ago" :D

You either had to pre-order the game from Gamestop or if you're an "IGN Founding member" (which you have to pay a subscription for)you get one. Luckily someone told me that if you're a Comcast subscriber you're already a paid member of IGN and I got one that way.