Stay at Home Daddad stays home Stay at home Dad Books Available at Amazon

Paracord Bracelets. Made in the USA!

Go Back   Stay at Home Dads Forum > Other Stuff > Recipes
Register FAQ VB Image Host More Stuff Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-22-2012, 02:54 PM
Proud Papa

Default Super easy Pulled BBQ Chicken in about half an hour.

This can be made with a whole chicken or any parts you prefer. I always make it with boneless skinless breasts because of the easy factor (healthier too). Also any BBQ sauce works. I've used homemade, but that will add to the time and mess so I usually pull a bottle out of the cabinet. This is meant to be a one pot meal.

I won't be specific on quantities because for me it's different every time. Good for 2 or 20 no precision necessary.

1. Put uncooked chicken in a pot or deep skillet, and add just enough cold water to cover.

2. Apply any spices to the water you like liberally. It will flavor the juice in the chicken and add to the sauce later. Anything works from just salt and pepper or my preference of: black pepper, garlicsalt, poultry seasoning, paprika, and cayenne pepper.

3. Bring the water to a boil. A lot of the cooking happens while the water is heating, so it will only need to boil a few minutes. It depends on the cut of chicken you choose. For breasts it is normally 3-5 minutes. Cooks best if chicken stays submerged.

4. Take out the chicken. Reserve some of the water which is now full of seasoning, fat, and boiled nutrients. A mug full is usually enough, but if you are making a lot you may want more. Dump the rest.

5. Shred the chicken with two forks. Thoroughness is up to you. Some people like to bigger shreds, but in my experience that just makes it messier to eat.

6. Throw the shredded chicken back in the pot. Add just enough BBQ sauce to coat all of the chicken.

7. Then add a tablespoon of butter for every 4-5 ounces of sauce you use. For a couple pounds of chicken this ratio works out to a bottle of sauce and a half stick of butter.

8. Add some reserved water. This will have to be boiled out so don't make it soupy or the chicken will over cook. Add just enough to make it able to be boiled so all the flavor stews together.

9. Heat to boiling until butter is melted. Reduce heat to about medium and simmer/stir until sauce is reduced (5-10 min.)

10. Put in on buns, burgers, plates, forks, tongues, or whatever.
Old 11-22-2012, 06:52 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Send a message via AIM to Captain Tuttle Send a message via Yahoo to Captain Tuttle Send a message via Skype™ to Captain Tuttle

Nice! I'll give this a try!