Stay at Home Daddad stays home Stay at home Dad Books Available at Amazon

Go Back   Stay at Home Dads Forum > Daddy Stuff > General Posts
Register FAQ VB Image Host More Stuff Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-21-2013, 11:13 PM
Always Irritated

Default dad arrested for picking up kids

http://www.x103.com/pages/thedeuce.h...ticle=11849426
Old 11-22-2013, 01:24 AM
Just Dad

Kind of like that guy that got arrested at a school board meeting for asking about the school's decision to use "common core". They charged him with assaulting a police officer. Funny, its looks like the other way around.

http://www.truthdig.com/avbooth/item...eting_20130922

"Just smile and wave, boys, smile and wave"--The Penguins, Madagascar

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
Old 11-22-2013, 03:41 AM
Beer me!

Send a message via Yahoo to tt3

must... not... say... anything...
Old 11-22-2013, 04:00 AM
Alpha Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by tt3 View Post
Same here... My mom went through all the child protective services crap when I was a kid. They think they know what is right when they really don't. And with that I will leave it alone. I have more and stronger comments about the issue that I will keep to myself.
Noah & Abigail - class of 2029
Old 11-22-2013, 04:03 AM
Trophy Husband

Quote:
That is cool TT3, I will say it for ya. I pick up my kids occasionally as needed after school when something like a Dr.s appointment is needed. When doing so I am blown away by the amount of "Parent Pickup" students there are. I asked one of the school coordinators of Parent Pickup at my kid's school how many of the same kids do this day to day and she estimated 90% due to parents not wanting to wait for the bus drop off daily for what ever reason. Coordinating this in today's world takes a lot of time and effort by school administrators who could use the time for better things. I volunteer at my kids school weekly and see this post school dance done every time. Most buses leave 1/2 empty. My take on this is that the school is fed up on dealing with parent pickup tasks.

I would like to hear from the few of you guys who currently or in the past have worked at schools for your take on this topic.
Old 11-22-2013, 02:12 PM
Huh?

My kids go to a charter school and there are no buses so parent pickup is how it's done.
They have parents line up the cars at various entrances and teachers bring kids out to their designated exit based on grade. Some parents will park in the lot and walk up to the proper door and the teachers will hand off the kids with no problem. Most parents just wait in the line though.
Old 11-22-2013, 02:56 PM
Beer me!

Send a message via Yahoo to tt3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark B. View Post
That is cool TT3, I will say it for ya. I pick up my kids occasionally as needed after school when something like a Dr.s appointment is needed. When doing so I am blown away by the amount of "Parent Pickup" students there are. I asked one of the school coordinators of Parent Pickup at my kid's school how many of the same kids do this day to day and she estimated 90% due to parents not wanting to wait for the bus drop off daily for what ever reason. Coordinating this in today's world takes a lot of time and effort by school administrators who could use the time for better things. I volunteer at my kids school weekly and see this post school dance done every time. Most buses leave 1/2 empty. My take on this is that the school is fed up on dealing with parent pickup tasks.

I would like to hear from the few of you guys who currently or in the past have worked at schools for your take on this topic.
I don't know why they make it so tough elsewhere. Our "walkers and riders" are dismissed by half of the alphabet, through the door down the sidewalk to two parking lots, one lot for the first half, one lot for the second half. The further lot gets dismissed first then the closer, one teacher at each sidewalk. Kid sees parent's car or parent, kid goes to parent. It works fine at our school.

I drive my kids because the bus route here would have them riding on the bus with high schoolers to the high school and transferring to a shuttle bus, then to their school. There was no way I was going to expose my young Catholic grade school girls to a nearly unsupervised high school environment. I might be 20+ years out of high school, but I still remember...

The problem I have is the acceptance of the police state. He'll be charged with "disorderly conduct" "obstruction of justice" or some other bullshit blanket cop-can't-think-of-anything-else-but-doesn't-like-the-attitude.

crap. I'll not go on.
Old 11-22-2013, 03:51 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Send a message via AIM to Captain Tuttle Send a message via Yahoo to Captain Tuttle Send a message via Skype™ to Captain Tuttle

Quote:
I don't know why they make it so tough elsewhere. Our "walkers and riders" are dismissed by half of the alphabet, through the door down the sidewalk to two parking lots, one lot for the first half, one lot for the second half. The further lot gets dismissed first then the closer, one teacher at each sidewalk. Kid sees parent's car or parent, kid goes to parent. It works fine at our school.
Yeah, at our school all the kids (and parents) are funneled into the cafeteria and then they exit out through a separate door.
Old 11-22-2013, 03:56 PM
Always Irritated

Our school is crazy in dismissal, and parents who pick up do clutter the hallway, and it's always the same parents, but it is their right to do so. I think anyone can be accommodated for such a simple thing as long as it is thought out and the desire to accommodate is genuine.
Old 11-22-2013, 04:04 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Send a message via AIM to Captain Tuttle Send a message via Yahoo to Captain Tuttle Send a message via Skype™ to Captain Tuttle

Quote:
Originally Posted by sao95 View Post
Our school is crazy in dismissal, and parents who pick up do clutter the hallway, and it's always the same parents, but it is their right to do so. I think anyone can be accommodated for such a simple thing as long as it is thought out and the desire to accommodate is genuine.
Is there some reason why they couldn't implement a more organized system? All they have to do is announce that it's for the safety of the kids and people wouldn't say shit