Stay at Home Daddad stays home Stay at home Dad Books Available at Amazon

Paracord Bracelets. Made in the USA!

Go Back   Stay at Home Dads Forum > Daddy Stuff > Dad Stories
Register FAQ VB Image Host More Stuff Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-15-2013, 01:25 PM
sao95's Avatar
sao95 sao95 is offline
Always Irritated
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,117
Default star wars lego

I found a DS game on a plane the other day, Star Wars Lego, gave it to my 6 year old and he was happy as could be, I was a great father. So he is sitting playing the game and I decided for some reason to give him some details and see how he reacted, so I said: "just think, some little boy lost this game, he probably cried when he realized it was gone, but it was too late and he was off the airplane or he just couldn't find it because it had fallen into the seat." My six year old, still happily playing says, without looking up, "Ya, too bad for him", Obviously he takes after his mother on the compassion side of things.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-15-2013, 01:34 PM
Captain Tuttle's Avatar
Captain Tuttle Captain Tuttle is offline
Super Duper Daddy
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Main Line
Posts: 8,977
Send a message via AIM to Captain Tuttle Send a message via Yahoo to Captain Tuttle Send a message via Skype™ to Captain Tuttle
Default

That boy is cutthroat, he'll go far in life
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-15-2013, 01:45 PM
Hockeyfan's Avatar
Hockeyfan Hockeyfan is offline
"Not Willsdad"
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 20,648
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Tuttle View Post
That boy is cutthroat, he'll go far in life
LOL. Yeah no doubt. Management material. The kid who lost it likely had 20 other games. He will just get another one.
__________________
Big Dog (8), Little Dog (6) and baby Princess (4). 3 is enough!

(someguy) "I'd absolutely recommend teabags."(someguy)

I AM a Southern-fried Maple Leaf.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-15-2013, 03:35 PM
irie feeling's Avatar
irie feeling irie feeling is offline
Living in Zin
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: North Central New Jersey
Posts: 3,472
Default

You shouldn't take what isn't yours. You should try to find the owner and return it to them.


Right! For the sake of your kid, you did try(wink)
__________________
Lord Jeffrey of Glencoe

Last edited by irie feeling; 01-15-2013 at 03:37 PM. Reason: mo
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-18-2013, 12:57 PM
Kwak's Avatar
Kwak Kwak is offline
Super Duper Daddy
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Off the deep end
Posts: 7,060
Default

My kid would bite yours to take the toy. Now THAT'S cutthroat.

Seriously, what lesson were you trying to teach here? "Finders, keepers" or "Possession is 9/10 of the law?"

Regardless, I can't throw stones even though I'm a loser. I've tried to give people the benefit of the doubt and have been screwed almost every time. Sure, I've met a LOT of nice people been in my experience those with more tend to want to have more whereas those who have enough - or sometimes don't have quite enough - give freely.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-18-2013, 02:09 PM
Hockeyfan's Avatar
Hockeyfan Hockeyfan is offline
"Not Willsdad"
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 20,648
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwak View Post
My kid would bite yours to take the toy. Now THAT'S cutthroat.

Seriously, what lesson were you trying to teach here? "Finders, keepers" or "Possession is 9/10 of the law?"

Regardless, I can't throw stones even though I'm a loser. I've tried to give people the benefit of the doubt and have been screwed almost every time. Sure, I've met a LOT of nice people been in my experience those with more tend to want to have more whereas those who have enough - or sometimes don't have quite enough - give freely.
Seeings how it was on a plane and whomever was on that plane is gone somewhere now. Pretty much impossible to find. I'm doubting anything could have been done to find the owner. Put up an add? Craigslist? LOL. Seriously. I also doubt Sao told his son that he found it on a plane and some other kid lost it. It's yours now...enjoy.

Maybe he did. Don't know.
__________________
Big Dog (8), Little Dog (6) and baby Princess (4). 3 is enough!

(someguy) "I'd absolutely recommend teabags."(someguy)

I AM a Southern-fried Maple Leaf.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-18-2013, 03:22 PM
Louis001's Avatar
Louis001 Louis001 is offline
Daddy
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 60
Default

Hell, I just like your kids comment.
__________________
Whoa, Waay Dude!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-18-2013, 06:06 PM
irie feeling's Avatar
irie feeling irie feeling is offline
Living in Zin
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: North Central New Jersey
Posts: 3,472
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by irie feeling View Post
You shouldn't take what isn't yours. You should try to find the owner and return it to them.


Right! For the sake of your kid, you did try(wink)
(sarcasm)
__________________
Lord Jeffrey of Glencoe
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-18-2013, 11:30 PM
sao95's Avatar
sao95 sao95 is offline
Always Irritated
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,117
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan View Post
Seeings how it was on a plane and whomever was on that plane is gone somewhere now. Pretty much impossible to find. I'm doubting anything could have been done to find the owner. Put up an add? Craigslist? LOL. Seriously. I also doubt Sao told his son that he found it on a plane and some other kid lost it. It's yours now...enjoy.

Maybe he did. Don't know.
I did tell him where it came from and that another kid lost it. k w a k sorry but tablet . keeps spell checking your name to leak, which . is humorous. anyway, no real lesson, I just wanted to see if he had any empathy for a stranger or what he would say/do
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.