Stay at Home Daddad stays home Stay at home Dad Books Available at Amazon

Fishing Gear

Go Back   Stay at Home Dads Forum > Daddy Stuff > General Posts
Register FAQ VB Image Host More Stuff Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-14-2016, 12:36 AM
Beer me!

Send a message via Yahoo to tt3

Is it wrong to say "welcome back to the fold"?
:-)
Old 10-14-2016, 11:41 AM
Trophy Husband

Quote:
Originally Posted by 757dad View Post
T-1 Day and counting. At this time tomorrow I'll be officially back as a full time SAHD. Can't Wait.
First Friday night beer is for you 757!!
Old 10-17-2016, 10:22 AM
New Daddy

Default Keep on coming back

Hey 757, I am sure it was tough for you to give up teaching but it seems like it was a necessary decision.

As for me, I keep returning to this thread because I seem to find myself, maybe in times of anxiety, always worrying where I am going to land in a couple of years when my son, Max, starts pre-school, kindergarten.

There is a real part of me that knows that I could end up anywhere, and I won't know what's available to me until that time comes. But, since I know that we are only having one, there seems to be this countdown clock.

I guess I am always worried that I am going to end up as being a burden to my wife because I can't think of anything to do. Going to a retail or a "mcjob" as it's being called is not an option, I'd rather pull my eyes out.

I should probably just shelve the whole thing for now considering my kid won't even hit his first birthday until next month, but then there is this part of me that feels like I could be doing some sort of class or training which I never had the time to do.

URRRGGGHH! I hated my job when I was working at it, I always hated the work I was doing and now that I have this wonderful opportunity with my son, my thoughts are on work again. Sucks... :(
Old 10-17-2016, 11:45 AM
Beach Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by WackaWacka View Post
Hey 757, I am sure it was tough for you to give up teaching but it seems like it was a necessary decision.

As for me, I keep returning to this thread because I seem to find myself, maybe in times of anxiety, always worrying where I am going to land in a couple of years when my son, Max, starts pre-school, kindergarten.

There is a real part of me that knows that I could end up anywhere, and I won't know what's available to me until that time comes. But, since I know that we are only having one, there seems to be this countdown clock.

I guess I am always worried that I am going to end up as being a burden to my wife because I can't think of anything to do. Going to a retail or a "mcjob" as it's being called is not an option, I'd rather pull my eyes out.

I should probably just shelve the whole thing for now considering my kid won't even hit his first birthday until next month, but then there is this part of me that feels like I could be doing some sort of class or training which I never had the time to do.

URRRGGGHH! I hated my job when I was working at it, I always hated the work I was doing and now that I have this wonderful opportunity with my son, my thoughts are on work again. Sucks... :(
My best advice is to focus on being the best SAHD you can be right now. My wife and I have had very open discussions about our roles. She realizes that while she is our sole source of income, my "job" is just as important to the overall health of the family. There are so many little things that need to be done on a day to day basis that you don't even realize until you both are working full time, which is exactly why I left. It wasn't that I didn't like my job or couldn't do it well, it was that in a vacuum I could do that well and the home life well. But in real life there was no way to do everything that needed to be done. I pushed so hard this spring and summer to find a full time teaching position because that is what I thought I wanted / needed to do and it took me all of 6 weeks to realize that I was wrong.
Old 10-17-2016, 01:05 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Welcome back, 757. You're just in time for home holiday decorating season. Is your jack o lantern carved yet? Are the Christmas lights all good to go? If not, the stores already have then out for sale. Get a jump on em while the gettin's good.
Father to Joseph, 3/11/2007

Tags
school, uncertainty, work