Stay at Home Daddad stays home Stay at home Dad Books Available at Amazon

Go Back   Stay at Home Dads Forum > Daddy Stuff > General Posts
Register FAQ VB Image Host More Stuff Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2019, 09:50 PM
Trophy Husband

Seven times in one day. I am going to assume he lives in his mommy's basement.
Old 04-19-2019, 11:20 PM
Diaper Jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark B. View Post
Seven times in one day. I am going to assume he lives in his mommy's basement.
You might think so....but, no. He's actually quite successful. Chiropractor who runs an independent office. Married. Ran a successful triathlon supply store. Just a little quirky!

"Ninety feet between bases is the nearest thing to perfection that man has yet achieved."

Red Smith
Old 04-25-2019, 11:35 AM
Homeschooling soccer dad

It's "hug a plumber day."
Ewww!
Also "love your thighs day."
And Daffy Duck is 82 yrs old.
Old 04-25-2019, 12:27 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Happy birthday, Daffy! F Donald, Daffy is the real duck! You can't trust those sailors anyway - especially if they don't wear pants. ;o)
Father to Joseph, 3/11/2007
Old 04-25-2019, 06:52 PM
Diaper Jockey

So I've learned a few things in 7 years of being at home. The guys on the radio today were talking about "picking up the slack" when their wives are sick. One guy was patting himself on the back because he put the duvet cover on the comforter and it took forever to get it in place and not bunched up. Here's the trick....Turn the cover inside out. Line the comforter up on the top edge. Then you need at least 3 vise grip pliers or similar devices. Reach in and clip it on the corners and the middle. Pull the cover over the comforter. Voila!

"Ninety feet between bases is the nearest thing to perfection that man has yet achieved."

Red Smith
Old 04-25-2019, 08:58 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Yeah, but the thing with being a SAHD is not only are you expected to know that but if has a wobbly leg you're expected to know fix that as well.
Old 10-30-2019, 04:45 PM
Diaper Jockey

Just like the guy in the video I posted below, I never thought I would post anything to a message board about blue jeans. But here it goes. I hate buying jeans. I hate wearing jeans. I can't get ones that fit right. I have massive thighs from years of playing catcher and even more years of biking. My legs are huge. So to get jeans that fit around the waist, they have to be extremely tight in the thighs. Even loose fits don't do it. But unless you want to be the guy who is always walking around in fancy pants or sweats, you need some jeans. Used to wear Levi's but gave up maybe 5 or so years ago. Went to Old Navy loose fit. Same problem. Big in the waist, tight in the thighs, but better than Levi's.

With temps in the 20s and 30s, even I have to put away the shorts. Went through the jeans supply and found tattered bottom leg openings, worn out in the knees, etc., and the same old fit problem. Here comes another winter of discomfort. Went to Kohl's deciding that maybe I'd give Levi's another shot. But when walking around I found this Brand called "Urban Pipeline." Never heard of it before. Thought I'd give it a shot. The "Flex" on the label kind of scared me. Have I resorted to that? But they look great. Like regular old jeans. It's not like the elastic waist, cuffed bottom, stretchy jeans you put on a 2 year old. Bought two pairs for $66 on a BOGO 50% deal. Got home and tried them on.

My life will never be the same!!!!! It's like a party for my lower half. Tried to find some info on this company, maybe it's just a Kohl's house brand, I don't know, but info is scarce. But Holy Crap...I can look good in jeans and actually be comfortable? Never thought it would happen. Check them out if you're in the market for some new jeans.

To prove that there's a YouTube video reviewing pretty much everything, here you go..... (Funny Dude, too!).

Red Smith
Old 10-31-2019, 11:02 AM
Just Dad

I'll have to check those out.

I ran into a similar situation with overheating this summer while mowing. The jeans were too hot. Wrangler makes a pant 70ABW that feels like pajamas almost, and the fabric has stretches when bend or move. Really comfortable in the heat.

"Just smile and wave, boys, smile and wave"--The Penguins, Madagascar

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
Old 10-31-2019, 11:20 AM
Super Duper Daddy

SMH. First world problems. He doesn't mention what he's wearing underneath. That makes a difference too. Big boys wear boxers and move on from jeans to Dockers. If you gotta rearrange your junk to open the zipper and still hit the floor at the urinal don't blame the jeans. You got too much $#!t in your pockets. Stop fighting gravity. Get a purse and go in a stall.

PS: am I the only one who hates the "high and tight" haircuts with the long hair on top with absolutely NO taper? I'm also going on the record and saying that I hate those Nancy Boy plastic frame glasses. Millennials befuddle me with the whole "I'm working on my brand" mentality. I get more value watching a plumber in Brooklyn secretly filming his job while the yenta owner rambles on and on.

They need to hop off the Casey Neistat fan bus because he sold out and moved his man bun and prison tats to LA LA Land. They need to watch the Dirty Jobs guy.

End rant. FWIW my biggest beef with Levis are that they're expensive - and while I've opted to move on to the flex jeans (with no complaints) and Sonoma brand 5 pocket khakis in slim fit. I grab the Sonoma brand but I'm not too proud to wear George's from Wal Mart. At $17 vs $60 a pair you can't go wrong.

Have a nice day!
Old 10-31-2019, 12:00 PM
Homeschooling soccer dad

^^^
Ummm. I didn't know youse guys were so fashionable.

Last edited by irie feeling; 10-31-2019 at 12:25 PM.